Well over 100 bent cops sacked from "rotten" RTP this year - Prayuth's 20 year corruption drive continues

webfact

11 minutes ago, rwill said:

A Thai teen on a motorcycle lost control on a curve and ran into my truck.  I was never blamed for it.  His family had to pay my insurance company 25K for the damages.

Good for you. A guy I know had his car crashed into in front of my house by a motorcycle. He was parked... he ended up paying the guy. 

Guess it was your lucky day

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

133 + 19 from 300000.

What a gigantic achievement.

A Real police reform looks different.

Part and parcel of the face loss and image promoting rhetoric that persist within the Thai political machine.

Better bet that none of the said discipline cases were sacked, but instead "relocated".

• Like 2

I am wondering why, for the most part, police checkpoints are only staffed until midday.

I've only encountered one cop I could say was bent, in a minor way. Fined me 200 baht for going up a one-way street the wrong way, while ignoring several Thais doing the same thing. He suggested it would save me the trouble of going to the police station.

I thought fair enough, it would have cost me a lot more in Oz.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, overherebc said:

Used to be one, regularly, where the Lam-Chabang turn off was, pre-motorway, 

Sometimes trying to stop fast traffic while totally drunk. His motorbike parked at the side of the road.

Years ago we used to go up to the police station at Doi Lang, I would bring a couple bottles of whisky. Stay up all nigh drinking. Hard to believe the changes in the last few years.

• Like 1

I know some good ones too.
After they set me up, they allowed me to pay ( 6 of them and their bait) TB 1.1 million which unfortunately I had at home. When I was driven back, these good people gave me TB 1000, so I could buy something to eat that night.
So much kindness - don't you agree? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

I don't believe that there is anything new here. Get back to business, stay out of trouble and focus on things that can make a difference.

And I guess you will also accept that the road carnage can continue. Corruption is one thing lack of law enforcement is the other, and I suggest the real reason for such a high road death tally.   

11 hours ago, Snig27 said:

555, you really couldn't make up this dystopian drivel if you tried. The supremely corrupt junta drums out a token corrupt cop now and then from the absolutely broken cabal (yes, mafia cabal) that is the RTP. 

I have a friend who is involved in international drug trade detection processes, part of Interpol. He advises police and customs forces worldwide and says Thailand is the only country in the world that shows complete disinterest in what he does and where the police actively and openly, without fear of retribution, interfere in the detection processes. This goes to the top. Discussions with Prayut's government at the highest levels have met similar total disinterest. They are all rotten to the core. 

I find it hard to believe that Thailand is the only country that shows disinterest.

I would be interested to know what response he gets from Myanmar, where the Shan State army are supposedly involved in the manufacture of Met-amphetamines most of which seems to be trafficked here. 

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am wondering why, for the most part, police checkpoints are only staffed until midday.

I've only encountered one cop I could say was bent, in a minor way. Fined me 200 baht for going up a one-way street the wrong way, while ignoring several Thais doing the same thing. He suggested it would save me the trouble of going to the police station.

I thought fair enough, it would have cost me a lot more in Oz.

Lunch time

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Though critics have suggested that the RTP is little short of a crime mafia and the sackings are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the rotten state of the police in Thailand.

Those with a brain have suggested etc etc.

16 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

Good for you. A guy I know had his car crashed into in front of my house by a motorcycle. He was parked... he ended up paying the guy. 

Guess it was your lucky day

I am presuming he backed down somehow...... running into a stationary vehicle is usually ones own fault.