Anutin: No U-turn on marijuana - minister pressing ahead with use of drug in "two trillion baht wellness tourism"

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

He said that the committee scrutinising the change in the law and coming up with new guidelines will report at the end of next month and PM Prayuth Chan-ocha has promised to push through government, and subsequently Royal sssent, before the end of this parliament.

I would not be surprised if the recommendations included not being able to buy it online (like alcohol) and several other meaningless recommendations.  All just to placate the naysayers.

Of course the reference to the 'wellness industry' is nonsense.

Just now, stoner said:

no criticism for me ....then you go on to criticize. 

thats your personal opinion on how another human being should spend their time. you may see it as an indication and you are well entitled to that opinion. does not make it right though can we agree on that ? 

i don't see his cannabis intake as a problem. he seems to be living a productive life. not harming others(generally speaking) , working, contributing. 

does someone who spends 1500 a month on say marvel collectables....do they have a problem ? is there not a chemical rush happening in the human brain in similar ways that drugs bring on ? 

I never said how they should spend their time and spending money on collectables can be an investment in itself.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I was spending 100bht/day on alcohol.

Now I'm spending 2bht/day on brick.

It's a significant saving!

Can't imagine anyone spending much more than that .... why?

Yes sir a brick Pacific Clay Common Full Red Clay Standard Brick at Lowes.comcan do wonders for a persons wellbeing if used correctly either as a tool or for crushing those meds up....

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

I never said how they should spend their time and spending money on collectables can be an investment in itself.

the implication was there. you judging him because of the money he spent on weed doesn't end at just that. your previous comment also indicates your bias. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That's your opinion not the opinion I stated in my post as it was based purely on the financial aspect of the situation. At no point did I criticise his use of cannabis in fact made it clear its up to him what he does in his own home, got it? If I wanted to make a criticism I would probably have gone to question how he can speak to thousands of customers everyday.....???? but that would have been off topic

ok lets go with that then. 

Marijuana, ganja, gakyo (not sure of the anglicized spelling), has been used extensively in Thailand for many many moons by Thais and the Farang who love them. Hence short term profits from criminalization and focusing on the Farang and entertainment industry users. Those profits are of course eaten away by imprisonment. Now there is the possibility of a new national income driver the ganja. Of course they will legalize. Surrounding countries are severe in penalizing the use. Poach tourists. It is a multi-billion dollar money making machine in those countries, and states in the US that have legalized or at least decriminalized its use. I have no problem with it and have always been kept supplied by my manfriend s mom when I go there. Hell I even have online gakyo parties with my manfriend and his friends. Me with my electric vape pen and them with their weed and tobacco mixed cigarettes. There are legitimate medical uses of marijuana and they want to use that. They also are being realistic that if they open it up to large scale production people will want in on the action. What’s wrong with that?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I buy weed at 3,000bht/Kg ........ why pay more?

It gives me the same effect as your 800bht/gm weed.

I don't like the effect of brick weed for some reason. Maybe I haven't come across a really good brick weed before. It makes me cough up a lot of phlegm. The scent is very different and bad. I need to clean it thoroughly or it's giving me a headache. It has a lot of branches and leaves in brick weed.

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Its up to you how much you want to smoke, but paying 800bt per gram is a major expense,  when consuming 68 g per month

Personally I have overindulged at certain times in the past and have found that its quite easy to become immune to the effects especially with the newer high % thc strains. ( I never had the same problem with brickweed though)

Just an Idea but have you considered a "tolerance break"  just for a few days ?  It would save you money of course, but even if that is not an issue, much more importantly it would give your cannabis receptors a break and enable you to experience the effects better when you resume,  works for me, but its entirely up to you,  

Yes, I like to take a tolerance break. Because after a while, you don't get the feeling you expect. It's starting to feel like a regular cigarette.

Edited by CashMoon
  • Like 1

good on him for standing to defend ganja. I agree with him but don't support in any sense.

Do bear in mind that he is a leader of a mafia-style political party set up by a criminal clan of Chitchobs. 

Their purpose has nothing to do with health, boosting economy, improving lives of farmers, wellness industry and other altruistic motives.

They have made a big political capital, from which they will profit in the general elections and they have already invested billions in cultivation in Buriram province (their cradle) for almost 2 years now. 

They have already cashing 300-800b/g. Legal money. They don't have to launder them, as before.

They have and will control all processing and future export. Dr Anutin was promoting ganja spray against covid over a year ago, at time of Delta (at the same time the PM was spraying reporters with alcohol).

They will control licencing for growers, sellers, pharmaceutical use. 

They have already started wellness industry in Buriram - that's why this very airport was included in thailand opening as a potential sandbox.

Dr Anutin will be very likely the next health minister, deputy prime minister with large portfolio or even the PM - that despite his vax shambles which left thailand vaxless for a long time.

Now, those over 2.3 trillion  is about and international potential for wellness tourism and thus should be quoted in $, not in baht. Some would mistakenly believe, that Thailand can make $68bln per year only on wellness (they have made $62bln in 2019, that also includes domestic tourism which is some 30%).

How much thailand can get out of this international wellness trend is just a small fraction - maybe only 5% and some $3.4bln (so only less than half of what they were doing on health tourism pre-pandemic).

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CashMoon said:

Anutin is my favorite politician now . We love you so much. The man who sees the future ????

Yes hope he becomes prime minister makes opium legal because I don’t like ganja makes me paranoid 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CashMoon said:

I don't like the effect of brick weed for some reason. Maybe I haven't come across a really good brick weed before. It makes me cough up a lot of phlegm. The scent is very different and bad. I need to clean it thoroughly or it's giving me a headache. It has a lot of branches and leaves in brick weed.

if possible please do not smoke this stuff. ever. it is full of nasty chemicals and a whole bunch of who knows what. the oil is brutal. black liquid garbage. 

ive never come across a brick higher than 10.5 to 11 percent. so youll not have much luck finding anything better.