Why isn't every male in the UK living in thailand?

Grecian

10 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

I don't think you understood what i wrote,  and I sure didn't understand your reply,  Thankfully another poster has explained it for you .

I understood it perfectly. You pay to walk way. Why go there in the first place?

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Quite easily, if you are Australian. We have a government organization called ASIC, which has the job of protecting investors. The number of failures to do so are legion.

I mean, when a body with oversight of ALL companies in Australia does nothing to prevent bankrupts and convicted fraudsters from becoming company directors, what else would one expect? There are tens of thousands of investors whose retirements have been put on hold or ruined by ASIC's incompetence.

Which is why I take every opportunity to screw the government for every cent of age pension I can get, and have no qualms about it.

Poppycock.

You are responsible to protect yourself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

More like overly simplistic. Why would I want to live in the US, if I don't have to? There are a dozen good reasons for living here. Most of my friends who can afford it, are leaving the US. It is a broken nation, a bankrupt culture and hopelessly divided.

You pay regardless of where you live. Many of my friends in the US don't even have control of their own money. They can't even make a decision to buy something expensive without "getting permission", and often the woman says NO. 

Nothing wrong with taking care of a good woman. I really like doing so. Mine really deserves the care and support she gets. But, she does bring alot to the table. She works, she is smart, funny, sexy, beautiful, quite a bit younger than me (my preference, by a long shot) and very supportive of me. I could not ask for a better woman, and there is no way I could find a gal like her in the West. Never happen. 

Nearly every friend I have in the US is single. Why? Because for a man in the US, who is past the age of 50, unless he is willing to get with a woman at least his age, his prospects are dim for finding love, or companionship. Some guys like me, simply prefer younger women. Not kids, but women who are 10, 15, even 20 or 25 years younger than us. For a dozen very valid reasons. I could break them down, but why bother? The PC crew will jump on this and say it is not right. You should not be able to have this kind of life, without jumping over ridiculous hurdles! Means nothing to me. I do not do PC. Why be with a woman our age, if we do not need to? Nothing wrong with it, if it works for you. But It is virtually impossible for a 60 year old man in the US, to hook up with a 36 year old woman, unless she is very fat or very ugly, or he is a centi millionaire, or is famous. Period. It just does not happen in this day and age.

Here it is possible. Granted he will likely get with a woman of lesser means, who needs a guy who can provide some financial stability. So what? Who cares? Most women want financial stability anywhere in the world, whether they admit it or not. The difference is here the women are more honest about their financial needs and desires. I know a lot of men who have engaged in relationships with lovely, kind, supportive, humorous, and sexy women here, who are no longer lonely. We have very good lives. Fulfilling lives. Lives we could never dream of having back in the US, OZ, NZ, UK, Canada, or Scandinavia.

Mike how does a guy make it to age 50+ and still is single?

That doesn't say much about the man.

Everyone you know is single, perhaps your quality of friends is pretty low or there is something wrong with the lot of them to still be single after age 50

You are with a 36 year old woman for the same reason everyone else is here. Woman for the most part are desparate. Women accept fat, old men as a trade off for a better life where as per your claim men cannot accept old and fat in their own country

Ask yourself would you even be in Thailand, if Thai women hated ALL foreigners and you couldn't get a 36 year old?

Sure younger age, lesser means, lessor education, lessor everything

These women were not lonely before you came along

There are millions of men in the countries you mention have lives you could never dream of in Thailand

You are in Thailand because you are of limited financial means.

No more, no less.

You have mentioned 100 times you would live in the US if you had millions, but you don't

I seriously do not dream of your life in Thailand as a dream life.

I have 26 rai and a giant house, cars, etc. I see my life as a compromise to where my wife wants to live. I still have a wonderful place, all paid for, in the US. Pretty sure that life is more of a dream than here.  

21 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

I didn't say I had nothing left, only that it needs my entire state pension to rent a one bedroom flat.

It shows how pi## poor the UK state pension is (35,000 Baht per month max.), By the way I won't get that much, as I lose 28% for having company pensions, and no inflation increases because I have chosen to live in Thailand.

What age were you when you realized your pension was only going to be 35,000 baht a month.

If you were planning to spend your golden years with that paltry amount, that is all on you

I didn't say I had nothing left, only that it needs my entire state pension to rent a one bedroom flat.

It shows how pi## poor the UK state pension is (35,000 Baht per month max.), By the way I won't get that much, as I lose 28% for having company pensions, and no inflation increases because I have chosen to live in Thailand.

What age were you when you realized your pension was only going to be 35,000 baht a month.

If you were planning to spend your golden years with that paltry amount, that is all on you

The Uk pension is absolute disgrace I think its the lowest in western  europe

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

The implication is that if you source your sex from a non-professional you have to commit other things such as time and emotional investment.  I imagine it means something like you can meet a professional, have sex with her, then leave, whereas if you source sex elsewhere you might have to spend the whole day with the woman, take her on a date, take her shopping, listen to her whine, and so on.  You cannot wake up, have sex with her, then say that you want to spend the day doing something alone.

Any idea what the concept of marriage is?

Some people actually love the person they are married to and want to spend time and share everything in life with her

I guess if you are on a date with someone that is whining, you didn't do a very job of vetting that person

14 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

In poverty if they have no supporting pensions.

Pretty sure the majority are not living in poverty and people planned the cost for their retirement

Those in Thailand living on 30,000 baht a month obviously never planned

Their own fault

They had their entire lives to plan for it

2 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Poppycock.

You are responsible to protect yourself

Kindly enlighten me how I protect myself from shonks given a free pass by the government body funded by my taxes.

Example: I lost $30,000 in a marina development called Martha Cove. It's actually been a very good project for the receivers and managers who took it over. The original investors got nothing.

The initial City Pacific company had a CEO, Phil Sullivan. The prospectus said management fees would be fixed at about $3 million per year. Except the management fees suddenly inflated to $25 million during the project. ASIC stood by and said nothing. Check out the name on Google, he is still operating on the Gold Coast.

OK smartypants, tell me how that could have been avoided. Or perhaps that problem has never arisen for you, as never having had a pot to pee in.

I suggest you troll somewhere else.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Kindly enlighten me how I protect myself from shonks given a free pass by the government body funded by my taxes.

Example: I lost $30,000 in a marina development called Martha Cove. It's actually been a very good project for the receivers and managers who took it over. The original investors got nothing.

The initial City Pacific company had a CEO, Phil Sullivan. The prospectus said management fees would be fixed at about $3 million per year. Except the management fees suddenly inflated to $25 million during the project. ASIC stood by and said nothing. Check out the name on Google, he is still operating on the Gold Coast.

OK smartypants, tell me how that could have been avoided. Or perhaps that problem has never arisen for you, as never having had a pot to pee in.

I suggest you troll somewhere else.

You obviously have no clue how to invest safely

Always up to the investor to do due diligence and if you do not have the educational background to understand what you are investing in, Caveat Emptor

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

to find two MORE wives, in order to have three, the perfect number for stability. 

I always heard it was 4 wives.. if you have 3, then 2 will gang up against the third... four and then everyone is happy, except maybe the husband. 

1 hour ago, KIngsofisaan said:

True statement, however, all men had the choice of who they wanted their partner to be.

yo dude, through the years, people change, and so do relationships... and from what I hear, not everyone gets their first choice... and maybe they end up lucky for it... to some extent, it's a <deleted> shoot out there... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure the majority are not living in poverty and people planned the cost for their retirement

Those in Thailand living on 30,000 baht a month obviously never planned

Their own fault

They had their entire lives to plan for it

How smug a majority of how many.

Friends and a lot of people they know are still having work.

Also you don't sound like you know much on how people can live very well in Thailand on much less than 30,000.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You've missed the point 35,000 Baht per month, is the maximum anybody can get under the UK State Pension scheme, if it's difficult to live in Thailand on that how can they live in the UK.

Mike how does a guy make it to age 50+ and still is single?

That doesn't say much about the man.

Everyone you know is single, perhaps your quality of friends is pretty low or there is something wrong with the lot of them to still be single after age 50

You are with a 36 year old woman for the same reason everyone else is here. Woman for the most part are desparate. Women accept fat, old men as a trade off for a better life where as per your claim men cannot accept old and fat in their own country

Ask yourself would you even be in Thailand, if Thai women hated ALL foreigners and you couldn't get a 36 year old?

Sure younger age, lesser means, lessor education, .

I have 26 rai and a giant house, cars, etc. I see my life as a compromise to where my wife wants to live. I still have a wonderful place, all paid for, in the US. Pretty sure that life is more of a dream than here.  

Your wife have 26 Rai, giant house, do not forget that

Now, due to annual increases and due to changes in the UK State Pension Scheme in 2016, which meant I was longer entitled to the maximum for 2 reasons.

1 - The government changed the "service period" for maximum pension from 30 to 35 years contributions, lost about 12%

2 - I have company pension schemes resulting in roughly a 16% drop in State Pension, this was not there under the old scheme

A further reason is when I "retired" to Thailand in 2005 the exchange rate was 70 it now 44, if I use the 2005 rate the maximum pension pension would have been 55,000 Baht per month

As I "retired" early I also have had to wait an extra year before I can claim my pension, the UK government changed the age of payment from 65 to 66 for my age group, it is even later for younger people.

As you can see from 2 above I have other income streams, however the significant changes to the State Pension and the exchange rates could not really have been foreseen at the time.

You pays your money and takes your chance.

Some people actually love the person they are married to and want to spend time and share everything in life with her

I guess if you are on a date with someone that is whining, you didn't do a very job of vetting that person

The concept of marriage is well known and can be summed up in the following words

" find someone  you hate and buy them a house",

most people change as they get older and what worked years ago might not work so well in the present .  People would not mate for life if they were to follow their natural instincts.   Rather they would  be inclined to stay together long enough to give the off spring a chance to survive., which some anthropologists estimate  would be around 7 years which kind of explains the "seven year itch"   Marriage has  been forced/ inflicted on people for perceived religious and societal reasons and is not really the natural way of life   Your romantic fantasy about people wanting to share everything and spend the rest of their lives together is straight out of a mills and boon novel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

Whose fault is that?

It would vary from person to person, in my opinion.  It could be: parents, school, capitalism, chance, geography.  Anyone born into impoverished conditions, with Sh*tty parents, living in a sh*tty area, going to a sh*tty school, and with few job prospects, or some combination thereof, is unlikely to achieve greatness.

I'm sure some people would say that it is the individual's fault, that they had many chances to save money, and, while this may be true for a few, I think that circumstances beyond their control is going to be the biggest factor.  I don't believe that there are many who were fully aware and in a position to do something about it, yet simply <deleted> the money away thinking "someone else will look after me when I'm old".  Probably some like that, but more that simply never had a chance.

Edited by BangkokReady
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

yo dude, through the years, people change, and so do relationships... and from what I hear, not everyone gets their first choice... and maybe they end up lucky for it... to some extent, it's a <deleted> shoot out there... 

The self-styled "King of Isaan" sounds like a Tory through and through.  "If people are poor it is because they are lazy and don't want to work!"

Edited by BangkokReady

If they want all that plus sex, then it doesn't really apply to them. ????‍♂️

This may have escaped you: In the West, we have a growing army of young folks that have to work 3 jobs for a pittance. (No University degree and no inheritance coming), Never erarning enough to save for old age or accumulate enough capital to start a business.

That's the future of a large part of young folks in the West. They will never spend any "golden years" when they get old. Not in their home country and not in Thailand.

As I said here many times before: WE are the "Golden Generation". The "commoners" before us didn't have it good, and the ones coming after us will not have it good.
------------------------------
Your handle "kingsofisaan" is probably a printing error. Describing your lavish and affluent livestyle in the Isaan, I am sure you meant to read your handle as "kingofisaan". (singular).

Thailand accomodates many Farang lifestyles. Many wealthy Brits never had to regret the loss of their colonies, they just moved to the Isaan. (Rinse and repeat). Does your Thai entourage adress you with "Sahib"', as would be appropriate? 

- Now you mad at me. Better you mad at me than me mad at you.????

33 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The self-styled "King of Isaan" sounds like a Tory through and through.  "If people are poor it is because they are lazy and don't want to work!"

A Margareth Thatcher quote, I assume. A re-incarnation of her waiting in the wings.

PS: Sorry, my post, adressing the "King of Isaan" came in later than yours.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:10 AM, Padthaigoong said:

A lot of them don't know,

Some don't want to know,

Some are afraid to know,

Some know but wish they didn't

I know because I used to be like that.

You can take the blue pill and stay in the land where strip clubs actually have nudity, pole dancing, and skillful lap dances.

Or you can take the red pill and sit in a moldy-smelling gogo bar with women in bikinis awkwardly and unenthusiastically shuffling on stage holding on to a pole which apparently serves no purpose while staring at you in an attempt to make you so uncomfortable that you'll buy them a drink just to make it stop.

• Like 1