Big Joke hails his chief's crime strategy - Smart Safety Zone 4.0 "inspires public to respect RTP"

webfact

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I always wondered about his name, dose he knows that his nick-name in english is NOTHING to be proud of and it is indeed a joke and the joke is on him? its like being called big Shmuck and thinking nothing of it...

Why not ask him  and let us know what he replied ?

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guderian said:

Heck, if Smart Safety Zone 1.0, Smart Safety Zone 2.0, and Smart Safety Zone 3.0 all failed, then surely it's Einstein's definition of insanity to keep on trying the same thing and expecting a different result, lol. 

FYI, Einstein never actually said that, just one of those things that goes around and everyone believes because they hear it so often. He also never said the line about compound interest either.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe so..... 

I always thought his nickname stemmed from 'jok', ie rice porridge, the stuff available at breakfast in some hotels. The 'joke' moniker being just Westerners getting things wrong, as they often do.

Defnition of jok - correct

Definition by Westerners of "Big Joke" - also correct.

• Like 2

It seems a bit late to change the leopard's spots now. More arrests and imprisonment of corrupt police would make the public feel there is action more than PR.

I am sure the public was impressed by the police attempt recently to give free plastic bags to cover suspects heads. And their kind assistance to serve the young Red Bull chap in his time of need. This is all the PR the RTP seems to need these days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe so..... 

I always thought his nickname stemmed from 'jok', ie rice porridge, the stuff available at breakfast in some hotels. The 'joke' moniker being just Westerners getting things wrong, as they often do.

It was explained in a Thaivisa post in 2019 when he was head of Immigration where the name Big Joke came from.  His father loved to play a game of cards that included the use of the joker. It was a card he consistently managed to have & use in the hands he was dealt, and his son was given the nic name joke ( short for joker ) by his father's card playing companions, and it stuck. So like many Thai police when they get promoted to a certain level the term Big is attached to their nic names, hence big joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe so..... 

Presumably because he is thick and tasteless.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I don't believe so..... 

But he was head of immigration, the lit that interact with foreigners.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The system is basically CCTV linked to local command centers.

CCTV doesn't usually work for very long here due to lack of maintenance. 

Respect is not the word that most Thais I have met would use to describe the police here. Fear would be a more likely response and a major reason they will go to great lengths to avoid involving them. Good luck changing their perceptions tho. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

S.S.Z. 4.0 - is the baby of RTP chief Pol Gen Suwat Changyodsuk and part of a 20 year strategy to address crime and get the public to respect the police again.

Address what crime ?

The corruption, torturing and general dishonesty of the RTP, not just Nationally, but Globally.