Malaysia Detains Thais Who Tested Positive For Marijuana

webfact

1 hour ago, Pork Pie said:

What.does "no effect on work" mean.? Stoned Sunday but not Monday! 

Are you seriously suggesting that a high carries on when you wake up the next day?

Yeah Sherlock, seriously I am, Maybe your  drugged braincells work different Sunday or Monday.? Change of.roster periods are the most dangerous, certainly in FIFO settings.

4 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

You do realize that we are talking about weed here and not Heroin, cocaine, alcohol or any of the other dangerous, life wrecking drugs.

Show some proof (any proof) that a cannabis high carries on after a nights sleep.

Here's some but no doubt you'll dismiss it:

Varying amounts of THC can remain in a person’s blood system for 1-30 days after use. High levels of THC in the blood the morning after using cannabis may cause a person to still feel high.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/weed-hangover#faq

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's outrageous.

Why ? If they are breaking Malaysian laws then they should be penalised or do you think Thais have the right to wonder the world disregarding any other countries laws if thy so wish ?

Edited by Excel
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

You do realize that we are talking about weed here and not Heroin, cocaine, alcohol or any of the other dangerous, life wrecking drugs.

Show some proof (any proof) that a cannabis high carries on after a nights sleep.

I thought this stuff was common knowledge...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324315#:~:text=Urine tests can detect cannabis,to 90 days after use.

Edited by transam
  • Confused 1

...........................and so it begins, another cash cow for the Malaysian's.....................next thing will be - charging them with possession of illegal drugs after testing positive.       Peace

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Malaysian law includes Thailand does it?

How perverse !!!! Wang Kelian checkpoint is in Malaysia  not in Thailand , understand ? As it is in Malaysia, and irrespective of what you or others on here may think or simply choose to bicker about, it appears that they were contravening Malaysian law.

• Like 2

Just now, Pork Pie said:

Did you even read the article.

Did you not see the disclaimer at the start?

Researchers have studied the health effects of cannabis, but they currently know very little about cannabis hangovers.

Medical professionals do not know if using cannabis causes adverse effects the day after using it, and only limited studies reference the occurrence.

So it the study itself admits that 'cannabis hangovers' probably don't exist and that no real tests have been carried out on the subject.

The whole article is an opinion and has no scientific relevance at all.

Do you have any real proof that I can dismiss?

"Here's some but no doubt you'll dismiss it:"

????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Pork Pie said:

Did you even read the article.

Did you not see the disclaimer at the start?

Researchers have studied the health effects of cannabis, but they currently know very little about cannabis hangovers.

Medical professionals do not know if using cannabis causes adverse effects the day after using it, and only limited studies reference the occurrence.

So it the study itself admits that 'cannabis hangovers' probably don't exist and that no real tests have been carried out on the subject.

The whole article is an opinion and has no scientific relevance at all.

Do you have any real proof that I can dismiss?

The UK treats drug driving the same as drink driving. Road tests are done for either. Drug driving requires a blood test at the station to determine what is still present in your system.

Now I would say that is damming proof that drugs, including puff, hang around doing stuff, even in you....????

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

...........................and so it begins, another cash cow for the Malaysian's.....................next thing will be - charging them with possession of illegal drugs after testing positive.       Peace

Boycott

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

How perverse !!!! Wang Kelian checkpoint is in Malaysia  not in Thailand , understand ? As it is in Malaysia, and irrespective of what you or others on here may think or simply choose to bicker about, it appears that they were contravening Malaysian law.

Blood testing is perverse. Searching luggage isn't. Got it?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

Were the Thais having a puff in Malaysia....?

6 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

So offer some real proof, then I can't dismiss it.

Why don't you offer proof on your claim, that's normally how it works, you say it does not, so prove it. I've already provided an article with links to a study, so go ahead, I'm waiting

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pork Pie said:

That wasn't the point being made.

It is an undisputed fact that cannabis stays in your system and can be detected for a long period.

The point that the poster was trying to make was that a person can still be high the morning after smoking.

I am refuting that point, not the length of time that THC can remain detectable.

And their  can be traces in your system which does not necessarily     mean you are high or under the influence. Thus even the British  police have a limit and a tolerated amount of traces.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

That wasn't the point being made.

It is an undisputed fact that cannabis stays in your system and can be detected for a long period.

The point that the poster was trying to make was that a person can still be high the morning after smoking.

I am refuting that point, not the length of time that THC can remain detectable.

I wouldn't know about puff hangovers, I will leave that to you and your experiences.....????, but the law knows you are affected for a long time afterwards....????

Edited by transam
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Pork Pie said:

Oh it does lol..the traces remain in your system  for up to 90 days but the soporific effects a few hours including sleep.

31 minutes ago, Excel said:

Why ? If they are breaking Malaysian laws then they should be penalised or do you think Thais have the right to wonder the world disregarding any other countries laws if thy so wish ?

Were the Thais puffing weed in Malaysia......?