chest pain related to back pain after exercise with palpitations. any ideas?

bob smith

waking upy this i mornig after a few days of strenous mornig exercis with sever chest pain. also had heart palipitations after coffe. i perform self ecg and everything seems normal. i also have some back pain that is radiating to diaphragmm.

any ideas what this could be? i do not smoke but im heavy drinking  

13 minutes ago, bob smith said:

heart palipitations

I'm not sure all palpitations are the same.

Obviously rest for a few days, try different coffee, massage to get the blood circulating, and then see a doctor if you're still worried in a few days.

Had a similar thing maybe 10-years ago, or longer.  I knew not to worry, and I was right.  I would not have started a thread, so maybe your palpitations are worse.   

2 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

Had a similar thing maybe 10-years ago, or longer.  I knew not to worry, and I was right.  I would not have started a thread, so maybe your palpitations are worse.   

i feeling like my heart stop for 2 seconds. it makes me have cold sweat and feel bit sickly but them i am fine. its very strange feel

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

i feeling like my heart stop for 2 seconds. it makes me have cold sweat and feel bit sickly but them i am fine. its very strange feel

Mine will do that in response to stress  or randomly. My house builder had same thing that gradually became worse until he blacked out in the shower and was resuscitated with an adf shock. Two days later he was the proud owner of a pacemaker. 

Go see a cardiologist wherever you live and they may give you a monitor to wear for a month or two.  The events usually pass quickly so by the time you get rigged up it is over, one way or the other, and without the monitor the doc won’t know what is going on for sure.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

have an entire Forum of medical experts

Nobody told him to post.

I would have flown to NYC to see my regular cardiologist.  

The LAST thing I'd do is ask Billy Bob Sexpat drinker broke homeless guy

But he did.

Adults can try to solve problems for FREE, that's his choice.  and his results.  

Edited by Iamfalang

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

come on now. wold i still be here typing away if I was having a heart attack? surey i would be on the ground by now? since 3am this morning

3 guys who I knew died from heavy drinking.

Your a fool to yourself......and you seek advice on here......WHEN THE REMEDY is in your own hands

1 hour ago, bob smith said:

come on now. wold i still be here typing away if I was having a heart attack? surey i would be on the ground by now? since 3am this morning

I had symptoms for 3 days before my heart attack... they were mild symptoms - until they got a little less so, but were never severe grab your chest and fall down.. go see a doctor, now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Will B Good said:

Chest pain related to back pain after exercise with palpitations. any ideas?

Stop exercising? 

Exactly. It can be proven statistically that everyone who has died has taken some form of exercise in their lives, hence it may be concluded that exercise kills eventually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

i also have some back pain that is radiating to diaphragmm.

any ideas what this could be?

Onset of Angina. Had it myself.

Go and see a quack. Or if there is one visit a local heart clinic.

A heart attack is not the same as a cardiac arrest.  With the latter, you drop dead on the floor.  With the former, you can have chest pains for days, even weeks before you finally drop dead on the floor with a cardiac arrest.  Any heart pain is a warning to visit a doctor asap, while there is still time to treat you (if it's a serious heart issue), and before you drop dead on the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You need to see a cardioligist immediately.

Self EKG is not designed to detect coronary ischemia.

And any EKG will detect arrhythmias only if they occur during the brief interval captured by the EKG. Many arrythmias are intermittent or occur only on exertion. 

You need a much more thorough  evaluation than you can do on your own. This will likely include 12 lead EKG, blood tests,  stress test (if 12 lead normal) and possibly a longer period of cardiac monitoring if these other tests failed to detect  cause of the palpitations (but good chance stress test will).

If initial work up (blood test and 12 lead EKG) show coronary ischemia they won't do stress test etc. Rather coronary angiography will be advised.

Do not delay. If worse during the night go directly to an emergency room. Otherwise see a cardiologist in the morning.

13 hours ago, bob smith said:

My aunt had a heart attack for 5 days before she ended up in the ER.

Doc basically said if she had come in 5 days earlier it would have been a simple stent job and she wouldn't have ended up with (permanent, obviously) heart failure.

• Like 1