POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

Just now, Sparktrader said:

One person cant do that

Correct.

But I am pretty sure the congress and senate together, maybe with others, can change the constitution and many laws.

Look at the last 4 years of Trump and in every of those years people didn't imagine how much worse it will get in the following year. And now try to imagine 4 more years. I have to admit my imagination is too limited to predict what will happen in the first year. And then there is another year. And another...

• Sad 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Correct.

But I am pretty sure the congress and senate together, maybe with others, can change the constitution and many laws.

Look at the last 4 years of Trump and in every of those years people didn't imagine how much worse it will get in the following year. And now try to imagine 4 more years. I have to admit my imagination is too limited to predict what will happen in the first year. And then there is another year. And another...

Looked fine to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You make a very valid point.

The FBI’s no-knock raid was made under authority of a judge signing the search warrant.

To obtain a search warrant the FBI had to present evidence to the judge that demonstrates to the satisfaction of the judge that there is evidence of a crime at the property.

To obtain a no-knock warrant the FBI need to make the case, to the judge’s satisfaction, that the subject(s) of the search might destroy or remove evidence.

So to answer your question, the FBI have convinced a judge that evidence of a crime exists at the property and that there is reason to believe the subject(s) of the search might destroy or remove that evidence.

Look on the bright side Johnny, it might not be Trump they’re after, it could be the cook or the gardener.

Oh no! Not the gardener!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

CNN are reporting that the warrant was issued in relation to classified documents being removed. Does that make it a bit more serious?

Up to you, but IMO don't waste your time. it's bad enough trump childlike whining about lawful action by the FBI, let alone responding to his base. Don't recall it being mentioned on this forum with trump declaring he will abolish Dept of Ed if he got into power. Just underlines the guy's spite driven behaviour..

https://www.businessinsider.com/video-trump-calls-for-department-of-education-abolition-crowd-cheers-2022-8

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Could you please try to be a bit more creative when composing a biting retort? That type of comeback was stale when Nixon was president.

It sounded like you were describing Biden. Not my fault.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Right. The covid year was the best of them all.

Damning analysis of Trump's pandemic response suggested 40% of US COVID-19 deaths could have been avoided

A report on the Trump administration's policies suggested 40% of US COVID-19 deaths were avoidable.
Compared with six similarly wealthy countries, the US failed to protect citizens' health in the pandemic.
Trump publicly downplayed COVID-19 and often undermined health guidelines.

https://www.businessinsider.com/analysis-trump-covid-19-response-40-percent-us-deaths-avoidable-2021-2

I love it when people do some research. Maybe we should get a room?

Just now, LaosLover said:

It wasn't the FBI who raided his house. It was Antifa.

Another false flag operation. Like looting the Capitol.

No other person on earth calls a polite search warrant a raid. What a hysteric.

To be fair, it was a no knock warrant. I'd call that a raid. Maybe the FBI didn't want to allow time for the cistern to refill?

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Gotta say I am puzzled by this too. The economy was cooking along, unemployment down (especially for minorities), low inflation, peace deals in the Middle East, criminal justice reform, booming energy sector.... I get that you didn't like the Bad Orange Man's personality or behavior.  I am with you on that. But they were 4 pretty good years for America as a whole.

Unemployment in the US only started to come down when Obama came into office and Trumps term just followed the trend. It only spiked because of covid and is now back down again.

image.png.9a5207a5c4d34a86c2275368cf67cfca.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/unemployment-rate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"If I am Donald Trump, I am getting ready for raids at other locations, and I'm getting ready for a very rapid progress of the, not chain reaction, but you can imagine things happening very fast on a lot of fronts right now if this is the attitude Merrick Garland has toward this case," he added.

https://www.rawstory.com/mar-a-lago-search-warrant/