POLITICS Trump says FBI raiding his Mar-a-Lago home

Scott

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

You are likely correct. I doubt they would seek jail time for an ex prez. It would be precedent setting, and it would be absolutely lovely to see. But, I doubt it will happen. Unfortunately. 

Furthermore, they're unlikely to prevent him from running again.

FBI agents have seized the cell phone belonging to Rep. Scott Perry (R-PA) less than 24 hours after searching Donald Trump's home in Florida, and the highly unusual move signals he's a new target in the Jan. 6 probe.

The Pennsylvania Republican is hardly a household name, but he has figured prominently in testimony in public hearings of the Jan. 6 committee, where witnesses have testified that Perry played a central role in the former president's attempt to remain in power and sought a pardon for his efforts, wrote MSNBC columnist Steve Benen.

https://www.rawstory.com/scott-perry-jan-6-2657842034/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

An Informer Told the FBI What Docs Trump Was Hiding, and Where

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-informer-told-fbi-what-docs-trump-was-hiding-where-1732283

Newsweek:

"The effort to keep the raid low-key failed: instead, it prompted a furious response from GOP leaders and Trump supporters. "What a spectacular backfire," says the Justice official".

"I know that there is much speculation out there that this is political persecution, but it is really the best and the worst of the bureaucracy in action," the official says. "

Voting midterms in the USA, just went viral imop

• Haha 2

Tweet

See new Tweets

Conversation

When you're attacking FBI agents because you're under criminal investigation, you're losing
Quote Tweet

tp6eiKBY_normal.jpg

Taegan Goddard

@politicalwire
· Nov 3, 2016
‘The FBI Is Trumpland’ https://politicalwire.com/2016/11/03/the-fbi-is-trumpland/ via @politicalwire

41 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Just an observation,

Seems most political arguments here fall into two camps. The misinformed vs informed.

Why are people in the "Trump camp" so massively ignorant?

Well if it were Thailand they would blame it on poor education, so can that be the case in the US ? or just right wing indoctrination for the more mentally challenged ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

There is a delicious irony unfolding in this case:

As a stringer in a Bill he signed in 2018, the penalties were increased for "knowingly removing classified materials with the intent to retain them at an unauthorized location."  Until 45 signed the Bill, the maximum penalty was a 1 year prison sentence. Now it is a felony-level offense and the maximum sentence increased to 5 years in the Federal Penn.

It seems 45 might get hoisted on his own petard.

I'm curious as to whom introduced this.

As much as it pains me to admit it, this was what Kellyanne would warn him of.  When he wanted to make it easier to sue and censor the media she told him it could also be used against him, and apparently he's kept shut about it. 

Consider this: somewhere in that Florida stash is a text of this law, and DT thinks if he hides it they won't know it exists.  :cheesy:

Hey, like I said on November 8, 2016:

I will never use the expression 'nobody is that stupid' again.

• Haha 1

Rumors of an informant, AKA "a rat" led to Mar-a-Lardo raid?

Trump allies think there's a traitor in Mar-a-Lago who informed on him to the FBI: Axios

Allies of Donald Trump believe an aide or aides to the former president may have "flipped" and provided evidence to the FBI about what he was keeping in his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, Axios reported on Wednesday.

The report said people close to Trump were feeling paranoid after Monday's FBI raid on the resort Trump made his home after leaving the White House.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-allies-think-traitor-informed-on-trump-to-fbi-axios-2022-8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Allies of Donald Trump believe an aide or aides to the former president may have "flipped"

More like DT's supporters have flipped from reality into a parallel universe of absurdity.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I keep seeing Trump's saying Biden is illegitimate referred to as the "big lie".

Are you able to explain why when Trump says it, it is a "big lie", yet when Democrats said falsely that the legitimate Republican President is illegitimate it is not criticized, certainly not called a "big lie"?

I can not understand the clear double standards at play (that we see over and over and over and over)

Are you playing the Home Version of Whataboutism?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1