COVID infections on the rise in 44 provinces, over 30,000 new cases a day

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Taweesin said that he would like the public to continue to wear face masks while they are outdoors and among people, noting that not getting infected is the best means of protection.

I do not know anyone that has caught the virus outdoors.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

COVID-19 infections in 44 of Thailand’s provinces, including Bangkok, have been increasing, with an average rate of 31,148 cases a day between August 7th and 13th, according to Spokesman for the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin.

Why isn't it being reported to Worldometer? Are they trying to lure tourists?  https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 2

My neighbour and friend passed away recently. He had been suffering from diabetes and heart problems for a while and was virtually bed-ridden for the last year of his life.

He was 74yo, and when he finally passed on, his body was taken away from his house, and was declared to have died from "Covid", even though he had not left the house, or any of his immediate family being tested positive for C-19..

(At his funeral, a bunch of goons with full Hazmat suits and visors delivered his body to the temple and no one was allowed to go near the casket).

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

This was always going to happen.

The global lockdown was necessary while we got a handle on this thing. 

There was hope we could beat it.

We did with SARS.

This time, we were SOL.

Now, I'm in the middle. 

I'm double boosted. If C19 means a vax every six months or annual, so be it 

Masks are now I think 90% ridiculous medical theatre, but... I would rather wear one on crowded planes than not. 

You do you, I'm masking up in certain places because it "feels" safer even if it's not!

On the other hand, not masking in Bars, bed, although the mask I think is kind of kinky in a bondage sort of way!  

Sure it's irrational, but I'm now in the habit on trains and (crowded) planes, and I do feel safer in those situations.

I have always been a hand germophobe, I avoid face hand contact, escelator rails etc. and wash my hands everywhere I can get a chance, including carry my own wipes.

Beyond this, I'm fatalistic. I am now at three-score and one years now, it's all borrowed time. 

And the monkey(business) pox is absolutely going to SLAM the tourist scene, both the sex and drug (full moon) industry are going to be devastated unless people quit with thier anti-science freedumb thots and vax-up for the pox. 

Happy days ahead if you be smart, not paranoid, we're all NOT gonna make it anyway, there's a toe-tag with your name on it. 

Have a nice weekend! ????

Edited by chalawaan

15 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

So you want me to  not wear a helmet, throw  my  rubbish out  of  the car onto the road, speed, drive  drunk, drive the wrong way on roads  using the hard  shoulder (motorcy).........I mean you cant have it both ways

Haha. I liked this!!

But, even tho I have plenty to say about Thai hypocrisy as part of the culture, and the way it's group centric like all Asian cultures, this is the key.

Thai bigotry is bad enough without giving them even more reason to hate, it comes back to us in a thousand ways, they have the upper hand while we're on their turf.

Sadly we "lifers" all pay for the two-bit individualism of tourists who <deleted> off home!

I'm no fan of the colour politics here, but I wore black, that time when we were all obliged to for a good many months. 

In Thailand we'll have less friction if we go along to get along. 

Make no mistake, I don't like it, but I see where my bread is buttered, and make the small adjustments for the bigger benefits they bring me.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Dr. Taweesin said that he would like the public to continue to wear face masks while they are outdoors and among people, noting that not getting infected is the best means of protection.

Extended opening hours will help...

I don't understand this!

The Bangkok Post records the infections every day and although I don't follow it too seriously, over the last couple of weeks the infection rates are averaging about 2,000 daily  including for yesterday. 19 August. It doesn't differentiate between those who are simply infected and/or those who are hospitalised! This latter point mentioned in a post above.

When my wife tested positive about two weeks ago (she is better now), the Doctor at the hospital told her about 500 cases in that day there (Lampang). I thought at the time how strange this was as the total for the Country was showing about 2,000, meaning Lampang had 25% of all cases in the Country.

Has something happened in my brain or is something not quite right?

Something is amiss here. Worldo is reporting an average of 2200 infections daily for the past month and the past week. Thailand sends their daily updated report to Worldo as do most countries. A discrepancy of 28K cases daily is not something to gloss over. So, where does the truth lie? The snide posters will always say it's with the Thais underreporting. In this article, the overreporting is humongous. Whatever you believe, wearing a mask outside is useless. Wearing them in the trains is both a courtesy to others and a possible temporary protective measure from random aerosol infection. Whatever the case, it's time for the fear to stop. 

• Like 2