Fixed bank deposit pattaya

8 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Do i need the extra 400k in the bank 3 months in advance or would i be able to do it now as my visa is ready to renew in around  2 months time.

The 800k baht will have to be in the bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the extension.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DrJoy said:

Potato, Thai Banks allow this. ????

'Thai banks may allow this' but not all Thai IO's allow monies to be in fixed term accounts. They want to see movement within peoples accounts. That was the response I got from them when I had one. I was asked 'by having a 'fixed' term account what monies am I living on? Basically, I told asked what it had to do with them being as I met the financial requirements asked for. 

9 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

'Thai banks may allow this' but not all Thai IO's allow monies to be in fixed term accounts. They want to see movement within peoples accounts. That was the response I got from them when I had one. I was asked 'by having a 'fixed' term account what monies am I living on? Basically, I told asked what it had to do with them being as I met the financial requirements asked for. 

Which immigration office?

Many folk throughout Thailand use FD account for extension purposes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office?

Many folk throughout Thailand use FD account for extension purposes. 

It could have been 1 of 8 offices being that since 2005 my IO has moved 8 times. So I can't recall. I would say it's a toss up between Kap Cheong, Korat, and Buriram. My current office is Buriram.

All I recall is that since I got refused I've never used a fixed term account for my extension money. Officers also get moved around and that adds to the problem.

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It could have been 1 of 8 offices being that since 2005 my IO has moved 8 times. So I can't recall. I would say it's a toss up between Kap Cheong, Korat, and Buriram. My current office is Buriram.

All I recall is that since I got refused I've never used a fixed term account for my extension money. Officers also get moved around and that adds to the problem.

I have never heard of this and used the Fixed deposit for years with no problems with the 400k marriage visa.

I was thinking about  changing to the 800k retirement option but now concerned that they might want to see money being moved around which i can't be bothered witb doing.

Anyone else had problems with the 800k retirement fixed deposit proof?

Only wanting to make life easier and not have to take a stack of paperwork and photos in for the marriage visa .

9 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Anyone else had problems with the 800k retirement fixed deposit proof?

I use two dedicated bank accounts for extensions retirement.

600k+ in FD account.

200k+ in savings account.

Both with same bank.

The bank books sit in draw all year and come out for extension application.

Zero issues.

This is at CW.

BTW no bank statements just the bank letter and photocopies of bb pages. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

600k+ in FD account.

Both with same bank.

Zero issues.

This is at CW.

Thats great thanks and hopefully its a much easier process than all the hoops i usually have to jump through with the marriage visa.

2 minutes ago, kwak250 said:

Thats great thanks and hopefully its a much easier process than all the hoops i usually have to jump through with the marriage visa.

In hindsight bit of mistake using two accounts.

I keep the 800k all year round.

There is nothing for immigration officer to scrutinize.

Very simple process. 

You are not the only married guy that ops for extensions based on retirement. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

600k+ in FD account.

Both with same bank.

Zero issues.

This is at CW.

Another case where immigration decided to change the rules. I had the full seasoned 400,000 in the same bank but in 2 separate accounts. 1 fixed and the other normal. When the IO asked for my bank book my wife gave him the 2 books. He asked 'what's this, 2 books?'. My wife tried to explain but the IO was having none of it. He started shouting at my wife saying that she was trying to make him look a fool. My wife tried to explain but he was having none of it. He threw my books down on the table, stood up, and walked out leaving me and the wife just sitting there. Another IO told us to take my application over to her. She processed my visa no problem.  That was at Kap Choeng office about 6 years ago.

Edited by IvorBiggun2