Thailand and foreign embassies prepare for influx of foreign criminals in 22/23 High Season

webfact

Hah hah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......forgive me while I pick my head up and apply some stitches to my sides, I hear Raffles has booked his flight already.

Unsurprising they only want quality tourists though as they can't even manage their home grown criminal fraternity! I think Thailand needs to attract more varied entertainment too, it is full of circus's and an overwhelming alley of clowns.

5 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Maybe they should make sure that immigration is whiter than white and no big fat brown envelopes being passed under the table besides that quality tourists don’t waste there time coming to a country with so many restrictions and silly laws 

and ruled by poorly educated soldiers.

3 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Do it like America. Add some questions to the immigration form to tick to be presented on arrival.

Here are some examples.

• Are you a member of a drugs cartel or any form of mafia or crime syndicate?
  • Are you or have you ever been a drug abuser or addict?
  • If not, do you plan to become one while you are here?
  • Did you earn your money legally and pay taxes?
  • Are you coming to the Thailand to engage with prostitution or unlawful commercialized vice?
  • Does your wife know you are here?
  • Do you seek to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations or any other illegal activity in Thailand?
  • Are you involved in corruption?
  • If so what is the level of your average bribery payment at the moment?
  • Are you a member of a terrorist organization?
  • Have you ever participated in genocide?
  • Have you ever been directly involved in the coercive transplantation of human organs or bodily tissue?
  • Have you ever committed torture (other than on a willing sexual partner)?
  • Have you ever engaged in the recruitment or the use of child soldiers?
  • Are you coming to the Thailand to practice polygamy?
  • Are you a member of the Communist party?
  • Are you a criminal seeking to hide from justice?
  • Do you promise to tell the truth whenever we ask you a question?
  • Are you Russian?

Answer any incorrectly then you refuse entry. 

Simple

Answer yes to more than 60% of those and get handed a contract to join the RTP

• Haha 1

I think it is safe to say most tourists would appreciate it, if there was actual law enforcement here. Competency and pride in a job well done, are  beautiful things. Indifference and corruption are not. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Don't worry the Chinese can't travel yet

I thought so, but I hear a lot of Mandarin lately.

One thriving business here are Chinese (and Taiwanese) gangs trafficking young, naive job-seeking Taiwanese  (and Hong Kongers) to Cambodia and Thailand.

They are forced to work in call centers for scam calls to China/HK/Taiwan. Thousands of them. 

Now,  why are these call centers in Cambodia and Thailand? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Don't worry the Chinese can't travel yet

One thriving business here are Chinese (and Taiwanese) gangs trafficking young, naive job-seeking Taiwanese  (and Hong Kongers) to Cambodia and Thailand.

They are forced to work in call centers for scam calls to China/HK/Taiwan. Thousands of them. 

19 hours ago, internationalism said:

but criminals are not related to tourism and season at all - they are running from their own countries to escape prosecution.

They are not coming to thailand to rob tourists.

the more important question is what police is doing to stop thai criminals from all scams at tourist areas

That may be worse now since the lockdown?? 

18 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Here we go again... Tourists = potential criminals who come here to 'hide'. - There's two easy solutions, with a similar outcome, i.e. 'no tourism income':

1. Seal the border.

2. Ask every tourist for a police report.

"Dirty Farangs", Oh wait on; wern't those words spoken by a guy waiting in the wings for the PM job

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kennw said:

"Dirty Farangs", Oh wait on; wern't those words spoken by a guy waiting in the wings for the PM job

Yes, perfect for a country that wants to attract tens of millions of them. - 'We despise you, but we haven't found an easier way yet to get our hands on your money...'

Edited by StayinThailand2much

16 hours ago, Muzzique said:

Do it like America. Add some questions to the immigration form to tick to be presented on arrival.

Here are some examples.

• Are you a member of a drugs cartel or any form of mafia or crime syndicate?
  • Are you or have you ever been a drug abuser or addict?
  • If not, do you plan to become one while you are here?
  • Did you earn your money legally and pay taxes?
  • Are you coming to the Thailand to engage with prostitution or unlawful commercialized vice?
  • Does your wife know you are here?
  • Do you seek to engage in espionage, sabotage, export control violations or any other illegal activity in Thailand?
  • Are you involved in corruption?
  • If so what is the level of your average bribery payment at the moment?
  • Are you a member of a terrorist organization?
  • Have you ever participated in genocide?
  • Have you ever been directly involved in the coercive transplantation of human organs or bodily tissue?
  • Have you ever committed torture (other than on a willing sexual partner)?
  • Have you ever engaged in the recruitment or the use of child soldiers?
  • Are you coming to the Thailand to practice polygamy?
  • Are you a member of the Communist party?
  • Are you a criminal seeking to hide from justice?
  • Do you promise to tell the truth whenever we ask you a question?
  • Are you Russian?

Answer any incorrectly then you refuse entry. 

Simple

Do you think a criminal would answer any of them truthfully...yet more garbage burea-<deleted> that the other 95% would have to endure also....GREAT IDEA.

Rarely read something more stupid than this article. 
a) hunt your own criminals with 10% of the planned endeavors you put into "hunting" the dirty farang first
b) does anyone else, except those gifted semi-divine superstars in all those government buildings and police stations believe, that criminals wait for "high" season - seriously?

The bashing on alien and dirty Farang continues and I, for one, just hope, that coming high season is a total flop for all the other Thai-self-made reasons like cheating up and down the land, immigration jokes and visa maze, Baht kept artificially high, dual pricing while the level of service nosedives further. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lorry said:

Today the Bangkok Post reports of a Hong Konger kidnapped in Thailand and forced to work in Myanmar.

It's getting dangerous for young people of Chinese ethnicity to travel to SEA, including to Thailand. 

On 8/24/2022 at 11:55 AM, Geoffggi said:

What about the Chinese, Philippine, Cambodian, Vietnamese & South Korean criminals??? .............LOL

RTP and others have the cash collection market pretty well organised, covering wide areas of sources and look like they are trying to limit the outside competition