Drinking Water Testing Lab?

tomster

Hi,

I would like to get my tap water thoroughly tested in a lab, Google is not being kind to me when I try to find suitable companies....

Has anybody had a such a report done recently - if so could you please share the company details of the lab that did it?

Can be anywhere in Thailand, I will send the water to them.

Many thanks in advance.

The Center for Medical Sciences in Udon does this service.  I checked other bigger cities in the NE like KhonKaen, Korat.......there are similar centers there as well.  I suspect that with the proliferation of drinking water machines/companies, most all bigger cities provide this service.  Google is your friend.

http://rmsc8.dmsc.moph.go.th/page-view/92

Universities with a science department should have the laboratory facilities to undertake water analysis.

When the OP says he wants the water thoroughly tested, what parameters does he want, and what specifically concerns him?

E.g. Total Dissolved Solids, SS, BOD, COD, metals, pesticides, herbicides, phenols, anionic surfactants, nonionic surfactants, TKN, nitrates, ammonia, calcium hardness.

Edited by Lacessit
T#D#S abbreviation deleted
  • Like 1

Any lab can do this.

For example Pattaya-bangkok hospital can do, but it will cost you. You have to tell them what you want to be checked.

There are many labs in chonburi, for example

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=lab+chonburi

Companies that sell waterfilters do it for free, but they test only for a few things like calcium- sediment - turbidity - iron.

If you want to check for certain chemicals, then a medical lab is the way to go

• Like 1

This is an interesting topic. Whereas I realise water companies and local authorities may not be too keen but I think it is worth PUBLISHING as many companies/laboratories as possible who will do this sort of testing.

I'm particularly interested to find out what is in the water around Rayong and Chonburi.

Not 'test lab', but we use a Xiaomi T D S pen water quality tester.  Pictured below.

First 8 ish yrs, I drank unfiltered well water.

Then when renting, first 3 yrs stint, filtered city water, strictly for taste, or more to remove any taste, chlorine or biological (bacterial/viral via (2 stage / 3 micron).  Whether it does much for metals, I'm not sure.  Never tested.

2nd house, next 5 yrs, village water, using same countertop filter for tap water, used for drinking & cooking.  

Next rental, at PKK, again city water, but now using the T D S pen, and a bit surprised by readings.  Really surprised, as in at 170 ppm and out of filter, about the same ... ????

Hence we started drinking bottled water, which almost all are <10 ppm, 1 or 1.5 liter bottles from 7-11, and usually 6-7-8 ppm, if not mineral water.  We usually buy ARO/Makro brand in 6 liter jugs, and they test @ 12 ppm

Now, new house / PKK, and just today, started drinking rain water.  T D S test @ about 9 ppm, unfiltered.  Those wanting to filter water on the cheap, vid below.   

Our 2 stage (ceramic & carbon), 3 micron (PURE brand) cost shy of 3k baht.  Good for taste & biologicals, not sure about anything else.

image.png.91a8d587751eea2c892f5c948f791aee.png

Info & possible tweaking above:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, unheard said:

The Lab:  https://www.testtech.co.th/th

Tests for the following:

pH, Turbidity, Color, Total Hardness, Chloride, Total Iron, Manganese, Nitrate, Sulfate, Total Dissolved Solids, Arsenic, Cadmium, Copper, Lead, Mercury, Selenium, Zinc, Cyanide, Fluoride, Non Carbonate Hardness, Standard Plate Count, Coliform Bacteria, E. coli

Thanks.