Justice Department makes redacted Mar-a-Lago affidavit public

Scott

1-c882410a57.jpg

The Justice Department on Friday made public the redacted affidavit that supported the search of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

After reviewing the DOJ's proposed redactions Thursday, a magistrate judge had ordered the redacted affidavit filed in the public docket by noon Friday.

A coalition of news organizations, including ABC News, had argued that the release was in the public interest.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/justice-department-makes-redacted-mar-lago-affidavit-public/story?id=88889157

abc.jpg

35 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Full Panic Mode!

Espionage Act carry major personal risk for Trump. 

18 U.S.C. 1519 fine and/or not more than 20 years imprisonment. 
18 U.S.C. Fine and/or not more than 3 years imprisonment.

44 U.S.C. Fine and/or not more 10 years imprisonment. 

He may have to ask Biden for a pardon. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

He wasn't necessarily ratted on, the MAGA crew likes culprits that they can get the rabble to froth at the mouth about.

The archives people noticed some things were missing, they told the Mar a Lago cadre, DT got them to swear there were none left, and archives still saw things were not right.  This resulted in the subpoena.

In other words, the archives team found things missing, MaL cadre said "we ain't got nothing" and here we are. 

Personally, I think that The Kremlin had the whole kit'n'kaboodle scanned and in PDF format within days after it arrived down there.  Hang on kids, we're going to Boris and Natasha stuff.

22 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Well, he is still guarded by Secret Service so they might have tipped off the Feds. 

I brought this up a few years ago: does the security detail become his captors?

He's keeping the jet fueled and ready I'd bet.

21 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Personally, I think that The Kremlin had the whole kit'n'kaboodle scanned and in PDF format within days after it arrived down there. 

Russia state media has already claimed that Moscow are studying top secret documents. 
https://www.newsweek.com/moscow-already-studying-top-secret-records-trump-raid-russian-media-1733440

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Russia state media has already claimed that Moscow are studying top secret documents. 
https://www.newsweek.com/moscow-already-studying-top-secret-records-trump-raid-russian-media-1733440

Reminds me of a Outer Limits show from 1963, is the Trump really a Russian who has had his face and body changed to resemble the Donald.

image.png.69e2765d242bdc1d60418f34dd4e94a6.png

• Like 1

All that black ink brings to mind the Mueller Report.

Don't hesitate to remind this to someone who complains that the affidavit is too redacted.  BTW something coming to surface on that one as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Espionage Act carry major personal risk for Trump. 

18 U.S.C. 1519 fine and/or not more than 20 years imprisonment. 
18 U.S.C. Fine and/or not more than 3 years imprisonment.

44 U.S.C. Fine and/or not more 10 years imprisonment. 

He may have to ask Biden for a pardon. 

I doubt he'll get one. The voting outcome for presidents who give political pardons isn't great.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bendejo said:

All that black ink brings to mind the Mueller Report.

Don't hesitate to remind this to someone who complains that the affidavit is too redacted.  BTW something coming to surface on that one as well.

There's no reason he can't still be charged with obstruction there.

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There's no reason he can't still be charged with obstruction there.

If, and that's a big if, if he would come out bow down, ask for forgiveness and tell the good folks how he had embellished his view on what happened and then admitted to screwing the pooch and how he was wrong, then and only then would I think he would walk. 

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

He wasn't necessarily ratted on, the MAGA crew likes culprits that they can get the rabble to froth at the mouth about.

The archives people noticed some things were missing, they told the Mar a Lago cadre, DT got them to swear there were none left, and archives still saw things were not right.  This resulted in the subpoena.

In other words, the archives team found things missing, MaL cadre said "we ain't got nothing" and here we are. 

Personally, I think that The Kremlin had the whole kit'n'kaboodle scanned and in PDF format within days after it arrived down there.  Hang on kids, we're going to Boris and Natasha stuff.

Boris and Natasha - Radio Zero with Rick and Rose

I expect the FBI are investigating who had seen these documents.

While the US Military and US Intelligence Services must surely assume the contents of the documents have been seen by adversaries of the US.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I expect the FBI are investigating who had seen these documents.

While the US Military and US Intelligence Services must surely assume the contents of the documents have been seen by adversaries of the US.

Who viewed them won't matter too much to a court, just the FBI. If anybody other than an ex president viewed the documents at Mar a Lago, he's going to be charged with espionage.

Just now, ozimoron said:

Who viewed them won't matter too much to a court, just the FBI. If anybody other than an ex president viewed the documents at Mar a Lago, he's going to be charged with espionage.

Would that include his Son-in Law I wonder and Eric ?