Admitted the Moon landings were fake !

CharlieH

6 hours ago, moogradod said:

I have corrected my mistake in a post above which you obviously did not read.

Nope, I replied to you as I read thru the posts and saw your errors post.

I didn't read every posting to the end of the thread before I commented like most all posters here. 

On 8/27/2022 at 10:33 AM, tomazbodner said:

But now think of this - For me to make a staging of Lunar landing now, with all the video manipulation equipment available in 2022 would have been a piece of cake. But how would you do something like that back in 1969? Using what, exactly?

Not saying any fake landing is true but most technology is available decades before we see a glimpse of it. Same with UFO's, now they suddenly admit they might be real, if you ask me that is big BS. 

Aside of the fact people at that time did not have access to a high resolution 4K screen to watch the potential fake footage, so it can look real easily.

They just don't want us to know they have new technology, until it will be used in the second next world war.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:03 AM, RayWright said:

The first "Windows" concept was the Xerox Alto, which was designed in 1973 at Xerox's Research Center in Palo Alto, California (They also designed the first laser printer in '69 which was available commercially in '78, not the sort of product that has a RRP, but agree, price of a house.).

Original cost of the Alto was $30,000+. Only sold a few thousand units, however the ideas of a graphical user interface (GUI) and a Mouse was picked up by Steve Jobs on a visit in 1979 and  adopted (nicked) by Apple into their Lisa computer in '83 and subsequent Machintosh computers.

Bill Gates on the other hand was consulting for IBM and offered to write the Operating System for their pending Personal Computer (PC). In fact he offered $50,000 to Seattle Computer Products for their QDos product and then tweaked it into MS-Dos before licensing it to IBM for their 1981 launch of the IBM XT PC. 

With the growth of Apple and their GUI, Microsoft started to develop their own, called Windows in '85, which was an add-on to their text based Operating System, MS-Dos. It probably wasn't till '90 when Windows 3 was launched that PC's powered up direct into a Graphical looking Operating System.

Michael Dell started his PC clone business in '84 running out of a Condo with a handful of employees in Texas. Like Alan Sugar with Amstrad, the computers were sold direct to the end user. In '87 Michael  launched his UK business.

By '92 he was the youngest CEO of a Fortune 500 company. In '96 Dell starts selling servers, expanding into the Enterprise market. He's reported to be worth over $50 Billion.

Gary Kildall wrote the original DOS, Gates never tweaked or wrote any of it.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 4:34 PM, Golden Triangle said:

I used to buy that on the way into work every week, Sundays just flew by ????

I used to publish full-page adverts in that 'rag' for my esteemed customers. Featuring a picture of a scantily-clad  woman with her jugs out, draped provocatively over a sports car, and with the tag-line "Do you want to sex-chat with me??".  My AI chat program had to work overtime to process all the incoming SMS messages ????

1 hour ago, proton said:

Gary Kildall wrote the original DOS, Gates never tweaked or wrote any of it.

Agreed Gates didn't write any of Digital Research's (DRI) DOS (Gary Kildall's company).

Whilst Gates was contracting for IBM he initially suggested IBM approach DRI for the Operating System (OS) for their Personal Computer (PC).

Rumour goes, Gates tipped off Gary Kildall saying "some important blokes are going to pay a visit, don't screw it up". On the day of their visit Gary was to busy flying one of his light aircraft, so the meeting didn't really take place.

IBM were tasking Gates (Microsoft) to write / deliver a BASIC interpreter for the PC. During discussions with Gates they commented the meeting with DRI wasn't beneficial, so would Gates be able to deliver an OS as well?

Gates approached Tim Patterson at Seatle Computer Products (SCP) about using their 86-DOS OS, which was similar in user experience to Gary Kildall's product. A licensing deal was struck between Microsoft and Tim Patterson, which in time lead to Microsoft owning the product. Microsoft employed Tim to enhance the product for the IBM PC as a product called IBM PC DOS. This was sold to IBM for $50,000.

Microsoft retained licensing control of the product, hence MS DOS which was licenced to non IBM PC manufactures.

Needless to say, Gary Kildall got the hump after finding some similarities in the PC DOS code with his own OS and threatened to sue IBM.

The IBM PC was initially sold unbundled, i.e. extras like the OS & monitor were sold separately. IBM agreed with Kindall to resell his OS so customers had an option. 

At the launch of the IBM PC 1981 (RRP $1565) the IBM branded PC DOS retailed at $40, whereas the DRI CP/M-86 product retailed at $240, about $650 difference in today's  money. Needless to say, most early adopters went with the branded IBM product,  especially as the majority of the 3rd Party business applications ( Lotus 1-2-3, WordPerfect, WordStar, VisiCalc) of the day were based on PC DOS as the underlying OS.

Key also was the industry catch phrase of the day "Nobody ever got fired by buying IBM".

• Like 2

On 9/4/2022 at 11:23 PM, RayWright said:

Agreed Gates didn't write any of Digital Research's (DRI) DOS (Gary Kildall's company).

Whilst Gates was contracting for IBM he initially suggested IBM approach DRI for the Operating System (OS) for their Personal Computer (PC).

Rumour goes, Gates tipped off Gary Kildall saying "some important blokes are going to pay a visit, don't screw it up". On the day of their visit Gary was to busy flying one of his light aircraft, so the meeting didn't really take place.

IBM were tasking Gates (Microsoft) to write / deliver a BASIC interpreter for the PC. During discussions with Gates they commented the meeting with DRI wasn't beneficial, so would Gates be able to deliver an OS as well?

Gates approached Tim Patterson at Seatle Computer Products (SCP) about using their 86-DOS OS, which was similar in user experience to Gary Kildall's product. A licensing deal was struck between Microsoft and Tim Patterson, which in time lead to Microsoft owning the product. Microsoft employed Tim to enhance the product for the IBM PC as a product called IBM PC DOS. This was sold to IBM for $50,000.

Microsoft retained licensing control of the product, hence MS DOS which was licenced to non IBM PC manufactures.

Needless to say, Gary Kildall got the hump after finding some similarities in the PC DOS code with his own OS and threatened to sue IBM.

The IBM PC was initially sold unbundled, i.e. extras like the OS & monitor were sold separately. IBM agreed with Kindall to resell his OS so customers had an option. 

At the launch of the IBM PC 1981 (RRP $1565) the IBM branded PC DOS retailed at $40, whereas the DRI CP/M-86 product retailed at $240, about $650 difference in today's  money. Needless to say, most early adopters went with the branded IBM product,  especially as the majority of the 3rd Party business applications ( Lotus 1-2-3, WordPerfect, WordStar, VisiCalc) of the day were based on PC DOS as the underlying OS.

Key also was the industry catch phrase of the day "Nobody ever got fired by buying IBM".

OS/2

So much better.

OS/2 still exists.

Do you recall WARP 4?

Sort of like Operation Warp Speed...only far better.

If you want, you can still obtain a copy of OS/2 and run it. I highly advise doing so.

Such a great OS.

Do you think Musk would dare take a ride on Artemis?

If so, will he ask to take along some sort of Tesla Moon-rover car?

The US can easily put a man on Mars during the next Mars-Earth transfer window.

And, there are plenty of US citizens who would volunteer for this one-way mission.

Imagine if you could be the first man on Mars?

Wouldn't this one-way ticket be worth it?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Do you think Musk would dare take a ride on Artemis?

If so, will he ask to take along some sort of Tesla Moon-rover car?

The US can easily put a man on Mars during the next Mars-Earth transfer window.

And, there are plenty of US citizens who would volunteer for this one-way mission.

Imagine if you could be the first man on Mars?

Wouldn't this one-way ticket be worth it?

To put a man on Mars is not the problem! To keep a man alive on Mars is a problem, and eventually return him safe to earth. A suicide mission 

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Chinese lunar orbiters have returned photographs of the footprints and the remaining equipment on the Moon.

If you think the Chinese government is participating in a 60 year old hoax, you have lost me ….

i found some recent NASA images of the Apollo landing sites.

5F87EDB9-E400-4133-888E-04C995D15BCD.jpeg

Now the biggest lies of all, Russia and China is our enemies, they are not and part of the plot ????????

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

To put a man on Mars is not the problem! To keep a man alive on Mars is a problem, and eventually return him safe to earth. A suicide mission 

Many have already posted the answer - use an EV !!! 555

16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I believe that people who think the Moon landings were a hoax also think that the Earth is flat.

1. I'm not sure about the moon landings, some of the photos are decidedly iffy!

2. I definitely don't think the world is flat.

But do think that climate change and COVID are mainly political manipulation constructs. 

Not that 1. or 2. make any difference to my life.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

1. I'm not sure about the moon landings, some of the photos are decidedly iffy!

2. I definitely don't think the world is flat.

But do think that climate change and COVID are mainly political manipulation constructs. 

Not that 1. or 2. make any difference to my life.

How do you explain the recent photos showing the Apollo hardware on the Moon? Do you think that China is in on the hoax?

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

How do you explain the recent photos showing the Apollo hardware on the Moon? Do you think that China is in on the hoax?

How do you explain the multiple shadows on photos from cameras and film that wouldn't have worked at the low temperatures on the moon?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

How do you explain the multiple shadows on photos from cameras and film that wouldn't have worked at the low temperatures on the moon?

Reflections from the Lunar Module would create shadows.

i did find a photo with multiple shadows, due filming through a window.

The lunar surface was hot during the daylight Apollo landings. But, are you suggesting that no cameras can operate in space? What is the difference for you between a camera in Earth orbit and one on the Moon (during daylight)?

2DE6FB13-32C9-42DD-AB87-35D9634D9974.png

Edited by Danderman123

7 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

But, are you suggesting that no cameras can operate in space? What is the difference for you between a camera in Earth orbit and one on the Moon (during daylight)?

I'm suggesting this unprotected and uninsulated Hasselblad camera (pictured as used on the moon landing) wouldn't work on the dusty and cold moon surface.

Hasselblad_camera_of_Alan_Bean_(Apollo_12)_on_moon.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Love It 1

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm suggesting this unprotected and uninsulated Hasselblad camera (pictured as used on the moon landing) wouldn't work on the dusty and cold moon surface.

Again, the lunar surface is hot in daylight.

I suppose you believe that such cameras won’t work in Earth orbit, too, because reasons. Does that mean that there are no flights in Earth orbit?

4E7FB189-6F24-4247-8F5D-8B237FEFC0D1.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7831105550/photographer-creates-exact-replicas-of-nasa-apollo-hasselblad-cameras

It’s odd how the professionals in photography don’t share your concerns about a camera operating on the Moon.

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I suppose you believe that such cameras won’t work in Earth orbit, too, because reasons. Does that mean that there are no flights in Earth orbit?

Photo taken from inside the nice warm capsule.

I can't find any photos obviously taken outside on the Gemini 4 mission.

They all seem to have been taken from inside the capsule.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7831105550/photographer-creates-exact-replicas-of-nasa-apollo-hasselblad-cameras

It’s odd how the professionals in photography don’t share your concerns about a camera operating on the Moon.

And here's a professional photographer thoughts, since he has expert experience with those cameras.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And here's a professional photographer thoughts, since he has expert experience with those cameras.

Worthless.

He doesn’t understand that the Hasselblad was modified for heat protection.

More to the point, your thesis seems to be that cameras don’t work in space, which is crazy talk.

https://www.hasselblad.com/about/history/hasselblad-in-space/

Edited by Danderman123

To summarize this topic:

The Apollo moon landings were fake because a film director who had nothing to do with the moon landings allegedly said they were fake. And, cameras don’t work in space.

We are getting closer to the point where people will return to the landing sites. I guess even that won’t convince the die hards.