Should Expats Be Able to Speak Thai

NickyLouie

1 minute ago, transam said:

A babes brain at that age is taking everything in at a colossal rate, they can learn more than one language at the same time, but, that learning curve seems to have a life span, mine stopped at a very early age......????

Yes that's true. Little Billi can also get by in English...........so why do I need to bother? 555

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out immigrants are not expats.

Maybe you can tell me the difference.

An expat or expatriate is simply defined as a person who lives outside their native country. Similarly, an immigrant is a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed.
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Me,

1. Never worked here....Rejected

2. Never paid taxes...Rejected

3. Married to a Thai and raised Thai kids for many years wiv farang cash..................Rejected.

NEXT..........????

Looks like you missed the part from my post that said, if you comply with the requirements.

I'm sure your home country also will have requirements for immigrants, although they may be different.

I know my country requires they have a paid job and speak the native language. On top of that they have to join some classes organized by the government

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Wow, does the OP Author believe that anyone living in the west needs to speak just English or the language of the country......seems a tad racist to me.  However, I speak, Thai and learned it so I could conduct my daily activities in the north of Thailand.....Not needed as much here in BKK as some folks who speak Thai do not understand Thai speakers from other provinces....remember I said some.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Looks like you missed the part from my post that said, if you comply with the requirements.

I'm sure your home country also will have requirements for immigrants, although they may be different.

I know my country requires they have a paid job and speak the native language. On top of that they have to join some classes organized by the government

That may be true for some places in the EU, UK, but not in the US.  I thought you were from America, my mistake.