Coyote dancers strut their stuff in back of pick-up at Thai lady's funeral - it was her dying wish!

webfact

12 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

But for me I find it disgusting and proof of bad taste, although I am very liberal

Very liberal, hardly, Victorian I'd accept. 

Thailand is a predominantly Buddhist society, it doesn't do moralistic Christian hand wringing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stocky said:

Very liberal, hardly, Victorian I'd accept. 

Thailand is a predominantly Buddhist society, it doesn't do moralistic Christian hand wringing.

If kids in kindergarten make copulation movement because they don't see anything else, and also primary class kids, and than you are wondering about the hugh number of rapes and incest in Thailand, I think it is disgusting...And yes I am very liberal, certainly not Victorian, as most people here Thailand pretent to be by blurring a lot that don't need to be blurred.

Norms and values

Edited by ikke1959
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

What some poster born in 1959 was offended by this story, and wants the coyotes dance banned.

Well <deleted> off this is Thailand and the Thais can do what they want. If an expat is offended, maybe it is time

to go to some other country where you will not get offended by this situation.  When I visit Thailand, I

always remember that I am in Thailand and not my home country. Best way for me to enjoy my time there.

Still love eating Roti, and Kanom Kroke (forgive the spelling) and other good tasting food.

well said

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

make copulation movement

That's just your dirty mind, the kids are just dancing

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

about the hugh number of rapes and incest in Thailand

Do you actually have any figures for that? Or are you just basing this on a few lurid stories that sell the news? Do you have any comparisons, do you have any numerical data at all?

20 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

With respect for the last wishes of the deseased, but coyote dancing on a funeral??? For me coyote dancing belongs to the bars in Pattaya and other places, but not on a funeral or once when a monk was ordinated. If Thailand want to get rid of the name that it is known for its sex industry they should stop and ban coyote dancing. I see it even in schools where young kids make copulation movements and as teachers and students love it...But for me I find it disgusting and proof of bad taste, although I am very liberal

Don't be such a stuffed shirt, they are dancers to start with not coyote dancers and it IS quite common. Mrs went to one this week where they had Muay Thai boxing in front of the dead body as he was a fan. I have been to a funeral where the dead kids name was spelt out in fireworks and there was a luktung concert and a likay concert with the cremation at 10PM in between. I am having dancers myself, no fat ones! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stocky said:

That's just your dirty mind, the kids are just dancing

Do you actually have any figures for that? Or are you just basing this on a few lurid stories that sell the news? Do you have any comparisons, do you have any numerical data at all?

Comments like this says more about your norms and values than mine..

• Haha 1