Thailand’s new 10 year Long-term Resident Visa (LTR Visa) is now available

webfact

Still not sure how this is better than Thailand Elite, if you just want to retire here.

Also, how do wealthy individuals who do not draw income or a pension, but rather live on their savings, show income?  It could discriminate against retirees with 10s of millions sitting in CDs or such.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Retired over a decade ago to a lower cost country since I could not afford a working middle class retirement in my own country. Bring in over a million Thai baht a year and support my Thai Wife and Stepdaughter. A win - win if those incapable of thinking long term stability don't try to grab at only "high worth" individuals. Millions of westerners in the same boat, plus the "sweet spot" of serving medical services (especially appealing to the Americans as they reject a national healthcare program).

You need to understand something. Each of Prawit's watches costs more than you'd bring into Thailand in a lifetime.

You need to look at it from Thai politician's perspective. Farang rich. Farang love Thailand. Farang must pay.

PS: And your wife and stepdaughter are quite high maintenance if they cost you over a million a year.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

firstly it is not a visa, and secondly, I question if it is illegal. 14,000 is very reasonable too....

Its a stamp on your passport that allows you to stay in the country. 

Is bypassing immigration requirements, of course that is illegal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really just under 3k USD a month means after paying his expenses here his family is high maintenance? Really  you must live like a Thai. I spend close to 2 million Baht a year and live comfortably.

So do I but it is you who lives comfortably, not only your girlfriend.

THailand and visas... and visas and regulations, more and more ... and money always money....but no investigation of whta foreigners wants or need to make it simple for retire or long stay in Thailand, 90 days, adress confirmations, annual renewals, proof of adresses etc etc...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomazbodner said:

You need to understand something. Each of Prawit's watches costs more than you'd bring into Thailand in a lifetime.

You need to look at it from Thai politician's perspective. Farang rich. Farang love Thailand. Farang must pay.

PS: And your wife and stepdaughter are quite high maintenance if they cost you over a million a year.

I am aware but it is of no concern to me. I fear the 65K a month is, in large measure spent on farang food and some travel.

1,900 baht works ok for me.

Now if they did that for a ten year visa / extension of stay  ( 19,000 ) that would be worth a punt. :jap:

Don't pay agents,  they are just making a monkey out of you. 

k.JPG

Edited by Orinoco
  • Like 2