Masks in banks?

SidJames

1 hour ago, peterfranks said:

Why you are pushing your opinion on others, when they obviously comply with the laws applicable? Very disturbing and anti-social.

The Thai law clearly says that masks are now only advisory in crowded places, which supermarkets aren't.

You think Thai people appreciate you not wearing a mask in crowded places.

Also the mandate is for public places.  Not private like Banks, shopping malls, Makro.  You'll most likely be asked to wear a mask.

Edited by onthedarkside
name calling reference removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Why you are pushing your opinion on others, when they obviously comply with the laws applicable? Very disturbing and anti-social.

The Thai law clearly says that masks are now only advisory in crowded places, which supermarkets aren't.

Supermarkets are regarded by the government as crowded places where you should wear a mask. The difference between supermarkets and many other indoor venues is that people need to go to supermarkets whereas a crowded bar is entirely optional. Anywhere where the public mingle in significant numbers is a crowded place, particularly indoors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

You think Thai people appreciate you not wearing a mask in crowded places.

Nobody is talking about freedom, you just made that up yourself, because you want to restrict other people freedom by pushing YOUR opinion.

The Thai law is very clear that they say masks are not mandatory any more, except in crowded places, and no Thai people have given me the bad eye yet.

In fact most Thai business owners I have dealt with in the past few months, haven't been wearing masks for much longer than me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Supermarkets are regarded by the government as crowded places where you should wear a mask.

No they are not, you just made this up.

Show me a link, that is what you always ask, where the government states that supermarkets are considered crowded paces.

I've picked up 2 chest infections in the last month after having stopped wearing masks in most circumstances.

When out and about I'll probably be masking up again, up until it becomes illegal to do so (which it wont), or the consensus of medical professionals tells me that it makes little to no difference.

If some here think that makes me stupid... bless you.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, peterfranks said:

Yes, public places, since they don't have any rights to demand what happens in private places.

Did you see my post that in the past 2 weeks I have visited 3 different Makro branches, and visit Big C and other supermarkets and hardware stores like HomePro and Thaiwatsadu on an almost daily basis, and have never been asked to wear a mask?

All those stores mentioned have security at the entrance.

That's certainly not smart.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

If some here think that makes me stupid... bless you.

I obviously haven't read all posts on this forum, but I don't think there is any that claim someone who wears a mask is stupid.

I have seen many posts of the usual suspects who claim someone not wearing a mask is stupid, although they comply with the laws of the Thai health ministry

Thailand scrapped a mask mandate and allowed bars and pubs to remain open for longer hours as the Southeast Asian nation rolls back its remaining Covid-19 curbs amid a decline in new cases and a rebound in tourist arrivals.

The wearing of masks is now voluntary nationwide, Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha said in a statement published on Royal Gazette late Thursday, ending a mandate first imposed in June 2021. People with chronic diseases should continue to wear masks during group activities to prevent infections, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-24/thailand-ends-restrictions-on-bars-scraps-mask-mandate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SidJames said:

I understood that they had to wear them during lockdown etc but those restrictions have been lifted besides which I often saw them take off their masks when sat in the little back office those days.

I wonder why they still carry on like this.

Businesses can make up  their own restrictions,,, I suspect it is possibly even down to the branch manager rather than a company policy. Just include it with the requirement of pants and shoes and put a mask on, or go elsewhere, 

• Like 1

A slew of negative emoticons have been removed from a members posts please see the following forum rule:

11. You will not stalk other members by using forum posts, private messages, the use of emojis or any other means.

18 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I was just conveying the facts, I didn't say I agreed with the policy.

No mask and you won't shop in makro or Lotus's's's either.

I just go with the flow, if the majority are using masks I put one on, if not I don't. It does me no harm whatsoever.

It depends on the branch. Lotus's in Ban Chang are OK with customers being maskless.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peterfranks said:

You have access to a VIP checkout at a supermarket? Every checkout I see at supermarkets is crowded.

I don't know what the strict letter of the law is. I wear a mask in such places out of common courtesy, and consideration of others.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

You have access to a VIP checkout at a supermarket? Every checkout I see at supermarkets is crowded.

I don't know what the strict letter of the law is. I wear a mask in such places out of common courtesy, and consideration of others.

Why is it courteous if it isn't a requirement? Surely, it's just a matter of personal choice. 

• Like 2