Opinion – Gen Prawit actions speak louder than his words as all indications are he aims to dethrone Gen Prayut from Premiership

webfact

Sorry I don't fully understand what is going on here:-

If the Constitution says 8 years does that only apply to legally elected Prime Ministers? I'm thinking this court is a lame duck under the current circumstances. Am I correct in saying a coup leader, muscling his way into power is not covered under Thai Law or the Constitution and Prayut is playing some sort of game, still pulling the strings.

Can anyone believe that fool Prawit is any sort of mastermind??

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Anyone who thinks Prawit or even Prayut were behind the coup are deluded. Mere instruments that is all.

Yep. 

And yet, repeated loud and often enough to throw off the unsuspecting and dumbed down masses. 

Distractions and sleight-of-hand. 

Even the abiding media goes along, promoting as such. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zzaa09 said:

Yep. 

And yet, repeated loud and often enough to throw off the unsuspecting and dumbed down masses. 

"Even the abiding media goes along, promoting as such."

It's what a bought and paid for media does. Witness a similar thing back in the UK where a significant proportion are manipulated into voting for a party dedicated to lessening the rights they have fought for over decades.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 2baht said:

Very sad when they are the only choices to run the country! Would'nt you think 60 million plus people could get someone of substance!

The "60 million plus people" did not "get" (elect) the Prime Minister; the members of parliament did.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, 2baht said:

Very sad when they are the only choices to run the country! Would'nt you think 60 million plus people could get someone of substance!

Not when 60 million are more interested in the lottery.... lethargy is killing Thailand.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Not when 60 million are more interested in the lottery.... lethargy is killing Thailand.

The older generations can't be bothered anymore, while the newer variety await the next K-Pop social fashions. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Yep. 

Yep. Two sides of the same coin. A fabricated schism to create the illusion of 'choice'.

There isn't one.

On 9/7/2022 at 1:34 AM, 2baht said:

Disgraceful, is'nt it!

In Italy and I believe also in some other countries it is also the parliament that elects the Prime Minister. In fact, I wonder if there is any country at all where the people directly vote for the Prime Minister.