Football stadium in Pattaya left unfinished for 14 years causing local residents to complain

snoop1130

6BF6342C-5D80-4AF7-A2A0-C27FE83D02DF.jpeg

A standard-sized football stadium in Pattaya was left unfinished for 14 years.

TPN reporters went to check on a colossal football stadium located on Soi Chaiyapruek 2 in Huai Yai subdistrict of Banglamung after receiving complaints from residents about its dilapidated condition despite the fact that the project was allegedly still in progress.

The stadium first begun construction around 2008 and remained unfinished until today (September 6th, 2022), local residents told TPN. Nobody sighted workers coming to resume the project for a long time, and the area was littered with construction tools.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/09/06/football-stadium-in-pattaya-left-unfinished-for-14-years-causing-local-residents-to-complain/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-09-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The stadium first begun construction around 2008 and remained unfinished until today (September 6th, 2022), local residents told TPN. Nobody sighted workers coming to resume the project for a long time, and the area was littered with construction tools.

Not for much longer... 

Here is the situation as I know it since I used to ride my mountain bike up to the area daily.  When it is mentioned started work 2008 if you call it that not sure of the budget 1 baht it was like one guy with a shovel?  They had sprinkler lines still on the field watering once in a while.  

There was a American Softball group playing every Sunday for a few years they just moved the sprinklers to the side. 

Some work was being done but not much then there was a driving school in the back and they were flying these big model planes in the front area. 

Then one day the Thai Army Corp of Engineering came set up shop that is when majority of the work got done.  They dynamite the back side so the could built the seating and put in lights maybe two three years best. Way before Covid even hit the work had already stopped majority of the Corp left way before that. 

Prior to Corp coming it was said or rumor officials empty the funding and took the funds to Beach Road to widen or resurface range of over one Hundred Million Baht, then again to 125,000 plus to put in all the pedestrian crossing lights around Beach road/ second road. 

I think last year when I read the current Mayor said it would be finished by year end I scratch my head if you go up there there isn't any work going on for a long time. 

I don't need to go on as to what happened to the funding they are all crooks particularly the brother Mayor.  It isn't only the so call stadium the entire facility surrounding is run down now including surrounding roads.  

It is truly a landmark of a joke I feel sorry for the homeowners top of the hill that has to look at the massive project I'm sure when it is open and the lights goes on you think they are unhappy now just wait!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 9:15 PM, Jerno said:

Where was Pray-hoot on this to Make the People Happy?  Billions upon billions to the Military for equipment that don't need, and Thailand's most famous Tourist City without a stadium?  Or worse, one that takes dozens of years to finish?  Utter incompetence and malfeasance.  Time to coup-out the coup leader and his cronies.  

They can have as many coups as they want, this place will always be a basket case.