Girls and Tatoos, how much is too much ?

Social Media

I wrote the other recent tatt piece calling tatts a passing fad. Tatts were fringe, despite 'being around for thousands of years'. Then they suddenly went mainstream. If it smells like a fad, it's a fad.

Of the tatted here, whether age 20 or 80, when did you ink up? I would guess 70% within the last 5 years and 90% within the last 10. That kind of says “fad”.

Let's come back in 5 years and take a second look. I will submit that in 5 years clear, un-inked skin will be all the rage. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think not. EVERY appearance trend cycles.

I also wrote my piece because I read new research showing many of the solutions and inks used to tattoo are carcinogenic. If dying for the sake of fashion gives a person's life meaning, so be it.

As for being 'judgmental', the only people who are not judgmental are already in the box or in the urn. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a liar or deceiving him or her self.  We are human; we cannot help liking and not liking. We see, hear, smell, taste and feel things that we either like or dislike. For better or worse, that includes what we think of people.

“I’m not the least bit judgmental” is a falsehood. “I try to be non-judgmental” can be honest. Another oft-spoken falsehood is, “I don’t care what anyone thinks”. Be honest: if someone says they don’t like tatts, you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t post on a forum.

All that being said, we need not judge someone based on appearance, but the fact is, we all do that to some extent. We judge people based on a host of factors...appearance, beliefs, manner of speaking, civility or lack thereof. Anyone who says they don't is a liar. The term ‘first impression’ didn’t spring out of nowhere.  Maybe we try to overcome whatever demons lead us into judgement, but nobody nowhere no how is free from having an opinion based on things that are often inconsequential and don’t define a person, like tatts.

Ideally, we do not let our tendency to make judgements affect how we deal with someone, but if we are honest, we have to admit many things influence our judgement. Example: if I see someone with a MAGA hat on, I cannot help but have an opinion of that person, and for me, it would be negative. Yes, I don't know all the facts, but that one thing hits me in a way where I am incapable of not forming some opinion.

Becoming the sort of 'mind your own business, non-judgmental' saint is always going to be a work in progress. Anyone who thinks they have overcome that basic human tendency is deluding him or herself. While becoming that saint is a noble goal, nobody ever truly achieves it.

So re tatts, I cannot make myself like them. I cannot see an otherwise stunning woman with randomly placed tatts or massive tatts that cover most of her back or body and not think "why"? Yes, I know she thinks they look great or have special meaning. Good for her. I wonder if she'll think the same in a few years, or when her skin ages and sags. She can wear in-fashion clothes and toss them out when she tires of them; the tatts, however, are forever. Also, I see many chubby and aging expats who have embraced the fad and tatted up. I cannot help but think it looks silly and is likely a manifestation of midlife crisis. No doubt the wearer probably thinks it makes him a babe magnet, so good for him. Much joy in life comes from deluding oneself. We all suffer a bit from the Dunning-Kreuger Effect.

I can do my damn-dest to not let it impact my view of someone, and I actually can toss in the old saw 'some of my best friends are tatted'. Still, I have an opinion that nobody looks better with tatts, and that the recent explosion denotes "fad".  Some of your opinions may differ. That's why we have Forums.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

Can cover up with new tatto. Problem solved. I doubt your story is true, but if, you are bad taste!

Story is true, I never lie, photo, well that's a given, wife has my name as her tattoo....

Some may say that's 4MyEgo ????

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Haha 1

This thread clearly shows the age of most people on this forum.

It appears most come from an era where tattoos were not common.

It appears these days more people have them than don't, sign of the times, i think many will regret as they age.

27 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I wrote the other recent tatt piece calling tatts a passing fad. Tatts were fringe, despite 'being around for thousands of years'. Then they suddenly went mainstream. If it smells like a fad, it's a fad.

Of the tatted here, whether age 20 or 80, when did you ink up? I would guess 70% within the last 5 years and 90% within the last 10. That kind of says “fad”.

Let's come back in 5 years and take a second look. I will submit that in 5 years clear, un-inked skin will be all the rage. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I think not. EVERY appearance trend cycles.

I also wrote my piece because I read new research showing many of the solutions and inks used to tattoo are carcinogenic. If dying for the sake of fashion gives a person's life meaning, so be it.

As for being 'judgmental', the only people who are not judgmental are already in the box or in the urn. Anyone claiming otherwise is either a liar or deceiving him or her self.  We are human; we cannot help liking and not liking. We see, hear, smell, taste and feel things that we either like or dislike. For better or worse, that includes what we think of people.

“I’m not the least bit judgmental” is a falsehood. “I try to be non-judgmental” can be honest. Another oft-spoken falsehood is, “I don’t care what anyone thinks”. Be honest: if someone says they don’t like tatts, you do care, otherwise you wouldn’t post on a forum.

All that being said, we need not judge someone based on appearance, but the fact is, we all do that to some extent. We judge people based on a host of factors...appearance, beliefs, manner of speaking, civility or lack thereof. Anyone who says they don't is a liar. The term ‘first impression’ didn’t spring out of nowhere.  Maybe we try to overcome whatever demons lead us into judgement, but nobody nowhere no how is free from having an opinion based on things that are often inconsequential and don’t define a person, like tatts.

Ideally, we do not let our tendency to make judgements affect how we deal with someone, but if we are honest, we have to admit many things influence our judgement. Example: if I see someone with a MAGA hat on, I cannot help but have an opinion of that person, and for me, it would be negative. Yes, I don't know all the facts, but that one thing hits me in a way where I am incapable of not forming some opinion.

Becoming the sort of 'mind your own business, non-judgmental' saint is always going to be a work in progress. Anyone who thinks they have overcome that basic human tendency is deluding him or herself. While becoming that saint is a noble goal, nobody ever truly achieves it.

So re tatts, I cannot make myself like them. I cannot see an otherwise stunning woman with randomly placed tatts or massive tatts that cover most of her back or body and not think "why"? Yes, I know she thinks they look great or have special meaning. Good for her. I wonder if she'll think the same in a few years, or when her skin ages and sags. She can wear in-fashion clothes and toss them out when she tires of them; the tatts, however, are forever. Also, I see many chubby and aging expats who have embraced the fad and tatted up. I cannot help but think it looks silly and is likely a manifestation of midlife crisis. No doubt the wearer probably thinks it makes him a babe magnet, so good for him. Much joy in life comes from deluding oneself. We all suffer a bit from the Dunning-Kreuger Effect.

I can do my damn-dest to not let it impact my view of someone, and I actually can toss in the old saw 'some of my best friends are tatted'. Still, I have an opinion that nobody looks better with tatts, and that the recent explosion denotes "fad".  Some of your opinions may differ. That's why we have Forums.

Your turning into a clinical psychologist it seems.....must be bored.  Justifying your own posts is however a sign that you are feeling a bit low and need some type of an OP to create a debate. 

13 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Story is true, I never lie, photo, well that's a given, wife has my name as her tattoo....

Some may say that's 4MyEgo ????

Of course his story is not true, his posts are filled with trash & lies but this time he has been caught red-handed.

If you do a Google image search with his attached picture, it shows quite a few results with the picture that Mr. Big Ego posted, including an article in thew Sun newspaper.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5044998/funny-tattoo-pictures-worst-tattoos/

If you don't want to get caught in a lie, don't download images off Google and then try to pass them off as your own.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bert got kinky said:

Of course his story is not true, his posts are filled with trash & lies but this time he has been caught red-handed.

If you do a Google image search with his attached picture, it shows quite a few results with the picture that Mr. Big Ego posted, including an article in thew Sun newspaper.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5044998/funny-tattoo-pictures-worst-tattoos/

If you don't want to get caught in a lie, don't download images off Google and then try to pass them off as your own.

Your not so bright are you, scroll up and you will know everything, fools get caught out that way.

For me tatoos are a bit like perfume.

With perfume only enough so that it can only be smelled by that chosen someone.

Same for tats.. Can only be seen by that chosen someone.

Edited by VocalNeal

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The un-inked expat in Thailand is now the rarity. The same is true of bargirls. Thus, to be 'not like everyone else' is to be un-inked.

But as you say....up to you

I meant "not to be like everyone else" in the much wider context of Thai society and not just in the Thai bar girl fraternity/culture. I never commented anything about expats tattooed or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

all of em are bad to my eye

an ex had steve tatted at the base of her spine  so could only be seen when have doggy

steve had long ago passed by into history

Yet she wanted to have steve behind her pounding on the back door for life....

I do not like tatoos on women, even the very smallest ones.

They are selling thousand of different brands of body cream - all with the word "white" or "whitening" in its label (I think you can really not find a brand without it) and then they spoil the intended setting with a tatoo ? It is like painting a house anew in splendid white and then spray a graffity on its wall.

Regarding Tats on Women,

For the short-term relationship, mind you, ...

I far prefer the Illustrated Woman over the Illustrated Man.

I mean, why wouldn't you?

Can you imagine a better date on TINDER than to hook up with a woman, with a spear, looking like Queequeg?

Sure, most of us go out on dates thinking of nothing but harpooning someone.

And then, it turns out, that you get harpooned, yourself, by a tall handsome woman, some female reminiscent of Queequeg?

What could be finer?

All Aboard!

All aboard, the Pequod!

image.png.ab480fa7e1100a47ae0b419132095e5f.png

Let's all use our harpoons!

And, let's all date women on TINDER who are not what we had originally anticipated.

We can date them.

But, would we marry them?

26 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Regarding Tats on Women,

For the short-term relationship, mind you, ...

I far prefer the Illustrated Woman over the Illustrated Man.

I mean, why wouldn't you?

Can you imagine a better date on TINDER than to hook up with a woman, with a spear, looking like Queequeg?

Sure, most of us go out on dates thinking of nothing but harpooning someone.

And then, it turns out, that you get harpooned, yourself, by a tall handsome woman, some female reminiscent of Queequeg?

What could be finer?

All Aboard!

All aboard, the Pequod!

image.png.ab480fa7e1100a47ae0b419132095e5f.png

Let's all use our harpoons!

And, let's all date women on TINDER who are not what we had originally anticipated.

We can date them.

But, would we marry them?

You really should stay away from those cookies... :stoner: