What Would You Do If You Had More Money

KIngsofisaan

What would you do if you suddenly had more money than you have now?

Maybe some unexpected inheritence, windfall or won the lottery?

Or maybe just had an extra 10 or 20,000 baht a month?

Is there a point when you feel you have reached a nirvana in your life with the amount of money you have each month, or would a little or a lot more change things?

• Like 2

Any one think that by having more money or lots of it life i shome how better or happier only dreaming, yes it dose give you peace of minds but only to a certain extend, the rest is the sams $hit day in day out and i'm speaking from such position...

Can only think about upgrading hotel stays when O&A, though not sure I'd even bother.  Don't use or need the amenities, they would offer, and Ibis, has damn comfy beds & pools.  No need to spend more, as we don't hang out at hotels when O&A.

Actually have more than I need now, if that's Nirvana, then oh joy.  we save 30-50k a month now, so don't need more.  Spend 20-30k a month on living expense.  Suspect even less now, though next year, back to 30k a month.

Really don't know what I'd do with more money, except give to the kid.   

If millions of USD more via PowerBall win, then live the Hi-So nomadic, travel/living in high end hotels, till bored, probably take about 6 months, or not, and never stop traveling.  Though seriously would end up giving most away.

As long as we have more than enough, I'm happy.  Nirvana it is.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know where that level is in Thailand. But if a worker in Thailand makes 15k instead of 10k per month that certainly will make a difference. From 100k to 120k is probably a much smaller difference. 

Daughter earns at least 30k a month (up to 50k), and that's enough for her living expense.   Condo (10k), no car payment, not much self cooking/eating in.  Unless having a lot more than 50k a month, she wouldn't change her lifestyle much, just better restaurants & more entertaining with friends.

Of course, up/down country folks, living 3 generation in a home don't need as much.  Other's not living with family, need at least 15k each or 30k a month as a couple, if having a car payment and some comforts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

I disagree with another poster who says lots of money doesn't equate to happiness. While it may not directly make one happy, it removes the primary stress that most humans have. It gives one lots of flexibility to do whatever one likes.

Over the years I met many US millionaires, and I am sure some of them had 10th of millions and houses, cars, maybe boats, etc. Not one of them gave me the impression that he was somehow happier than other people who I know.

I.e. one guy had a couple of luxury cars. He just sold the Hummer and bought a Ferrari, after buying and selling lots of other cars over the years. And then? I guess he used the Ferrari a couple of times until he was bored again and then he bought again another car. Was he super happy? At least I didn't get that impression. 

• Thanks 1

Big flush of cash I would rent a luxury villa with 4 bedrooms and large pool in Pattaya or Phuket for a year. I would have 5 or 6 different girls in bikinis every week come visit me and take good care of them.  Add, all the free great food and booze they want.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KIngsofisaan said:

What would you do if you suddenly had more money than you have now?

There is a very strong aspect of relativity to money... interesting subject. So many different facets.. 

Some say that the feeling of wealth is in large part dependent upon the relative wealth that you have in relation to your neighbor... A friend who is extremely wealthy built a 5,000 sq ft summer home in USA... soon after some very big name celebrities moved into the immediate neighborhood and built 20,000 sq ft homes. He feels like the pauper there. If you had built his home in my village, you would feel like the richest man ever..

Friend of a friend: true story - A guy worked hard and decided to retire. He sold his business for US $70 MM - but after 6 months he was totally bored. He bought a business for US $60MM... within 6 months, the business went bankrupt - He still had US $10MM - he committed suicide... I assume where $10MM is plenty for most of us it might have created a large drop in lifestyle for him. 

As to your question: I would probably give most of it away to deserving people... 

Edited by 1FinickyOne

How much more money? 

That's infinite, and it seems looking at Zuckerberg, Bezos, Putin, etc never enough.

My health is my wealth. 

And even Sumner Redstone, a famed death-dodger who got frozen (LoL) won't ever be coming back. 

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 2