Laundrygate: Designer clothes lady calls foul after alleged laundry mishap

webfact

28 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Never bring your designer clothes to laundry shops, I did it with a few 3K baht polo's until one day the laundry shop decided to suddenly use a dryer machine, ruining all my polo's instantly. This while she never did that for a year using her 2 times a week.

Expect them to do the most stupid things, as they likely will do that. No brains, no thoughts, just doing first.

Thailand: the only country where you can safely bring 20-30K baht value clothes to a laundry shop, as it never will be stolen, juist ruined instead.

There is an easy solution: But 200B T-shirts on Sukhumvit. Laundry is no problem. And just in case something goes wrong buy another one for 200B. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is an easy solution: But 200B T-shirts on Sukhumvit. Laundry is no problem. And just in case something goes wrong buy another one for 200B. 

That's my policy. I buy t-shirts and shorts, rarely pay more than 200 baht. They look good for a few wears, and when they don't I replace them. Actually, I never wear a shirt at home - my way of saving the environment as then no washing needs to be done ???? 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

1. This desperate woman is likely lying about the value of the clothes. A Chanel shirt for $5,000? I don't think so. Likely a knock off. It does not even look genuine! And if someone paid that kind of money for any garment, they would have to be completely out of touch, to make that amount public, in these difficult times. Please. 

2. Who in their right mind would bring very expensive clothes to a laundry shop? Top quality dry cleaning or gentle hand wash only. 

3. I say the police should fine this desperado for hassling the poor laundry person. Why should they need to take any responsibility for this woman's stupidity and recklessness? 

43 minutes ago, KIngsofisaan said:

You have to love it when Thai's try to scam other Thai's

they do it all the time.

we foreigners think that they scam us because we are foreigners, but the truth is that Thais aren't racists when it comes to scamming.

20 baht at Pattavikorn Market.

Took a vintage tapestry worth a few thousand baht to a local laundry shop for dry cleaning the other day - they had signs on the wall advertising dry cleaning and the frau made sure they understood it was for dry cleaning only. Went back next day and saw it hanging on a washing line outside. Yep, they washed it. The thing shrank by a few centimetres. Funnily enough, I didn't go running to the police about it.