Chonburi official caught her female secretary allegedly stealing ten million baht

snoop1130

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

First question what is the mayor doing with so much

money laying about in her bedroom ? , petty cash ...

regards worgeordie

Government Eh. doesn't miss 10 million for 5 years..just shows the corruption here (perhaps)  must have her mattress stuffed ...  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

The multi-million baht thieving secretary has already been caught - she is a thief and is being charged - no one contests this or justifies her actions. 

There is also another facet of the story which was ‘glossed over’ in the main article but stood out like the proverbial 'elephant in the room’ to all (most) who read this story (except you).....    

.... This is a lot of money for a public official to have squirrelled away in her home.

I don’t believe you are stupid enough not to recognise this, but you are instead choosing to attack the valid questions posters have raised about the source of an officials funds. 

Correct, any normal person would have the large sum of 10million baht safely deposited in a bank, unless of course there was some reason she didn't want anyone asking questions?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

So many "skeletons" that she had no problem reporting the missing money to the police.

Yes sweet Louie! 

See this Mayor like every Mayor,  think like the survey they had s few years ago posted in the Bangkok Post that A bit of corruption is OK,  it is nearly accepted as in the culture part of doing business. 

That being said they see nothing wrong in it thus my "S" Stupid that she would actually report it.

She must be related to the idiot police commander in Pattaya Soi 9, who years ago out of the goodness of his heart donated 1M baht to upgrade the station most likely to open walls for storage of more baht. 

In spite of all these corruption stories as far as I seen not one official have stepped up to help the victims of the Mountain fire. 

Maybe this Mayor was doing just that? ????

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

First question what is the mayor doing with so much

money laying about in her bedroom ? , petty cash ...

regards worgeordie

I used to keep that much money with me all the time until about 7 years ago (when my wife drained all the excess cash). ????

On 9/16/2022 at 6:47 AM, tandor said:

agreed...Second question, why can't she keep track of her money...methinks she is not capable of holding office!

Should she even be having these large amounts of money and carrying them around in cash? Were they removed from her office or associated with her position?

This averages out to 38,000 baht a week being taken.... but she only noticed when larger amounts were involved!..... So she had bricks of 1000 baht notes lying around.... perhaps ready in brown envelopes (parcels in this case)... incoming and outgoing. 

20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just outrageously moronic with your counter response to every members comments of the obvious... 

... This is a lot of money for a public official to have.

In a country with so much open corruption this raises the eyebrows of the vast majority of those who have read this thread....  

That's why he is on my "ignore" list.
He has a deep obsession defending everything and anything, Thai related.

Something is not right with him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should she even be having these large amounts of money and carrying them around in cash? Were they removed from her office or associated with her position?

This averages out to 38,000 baht a week being taken.... but she only noticed when larger amounts were involved!..... So she had bricks of 1000 baht notes lying around.... perhaps ready in brown envelopes (parcels in this case)... incoming and outgoing. 

..if it was 'legit' money then it would all be accounted for. If it was her private money or savings it would be in a Bank. One can only conclude it is Petty Cash.

On 9/16/2022 at 6:39 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

The report says that only very small amounts were taken, which obviously added up over the years, and it was only when larger sums went missing that she knew for sure that someone was stealing from her.

Even if small amounts was taken over a period you would still notice pretty quickly money was missing. Why was all this money not in a bank? Under the mattress wouldn't seem to be the obvious place to put your money unless you had a reason to hide it from public scrutiny.

Anyone here to enlighten me on the following question? What is a 29 year old secretary doing in the mayor's BEDROOM in the first place? For years? 

Maybe the official's secretary, certainly paid to the pay scale of the government, might not be too happy with the payout at the end of the month?

6 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Pattaya News wrote the article, you can contact them if you would like to lodge a complaint:

https://thepattayanews.com/contact-us/

Thanks. It seems to be a thing in Thailand to highlight the sex unneccesarily and irrelevantly in headlines, but I doubt it will make any difference, when I do.

Edited by RobU
qualification of statement

3 hours ago, metisdead said:

Pattaya News wrote the article, you can contact them if you would like to lodge a complaint:

https://thepattayanews.com/contact-us/

I am pleasantly surprised. I got a response within 10 minutes as follows

"This is an excellent viewpoint and will be shared with the writer and editor as constructive criticism. We apologize if we offended you, it certainly wasn't the intent.

Thank you for the feedback and please keep it coming. "

On 9/18/2022 at 6:13 AM, jacko45k said:

Not so petty to me.... good grief the things these people in positions of power get up to. 

of course..i used the words 'petty cash' to infer disposable, unaccountable cash received/obtained by whatever means legal/illegal.