West has gone mad

Sparktrader

Worse than stupid, worse than mad, I'm struggling to find a suitable adjective. I will STOP at nothing to counter this crazy notion. In fact I'll pull out all the STOPS.

That's the end of my message. All I have to say, FULL STOP. Period.

• Like 1

I find it hilarious when some posters end their statement / arguement with ‘period’... or ‘full-stop’, even funnier when they write it in capitals as if this adds a terminating influence to the debate they now consider closed because they have had their say !!!...  

....  Posters who use such ‘worded’ punctuation are dumb PERIOD / FULL STOP....  I rest my case... (yeah, thats another one !)... 

Having digressed slightly, this ‘full-stop’ business is just attention seeking wokeism from a failed comedian who has turned to tik-tok for attention....   I wonder how offended she would be at multiple fullstops, as is my habit when writing on a forum... 

• Like 1

I think it's meant to be tongue in cheek:

Hayley Morris, a comedian from the UK, has called on full stops at the end of a text to be “illegal”, in an amusing TikTok video - leaving thousands divided over the discussion

If they were serious, the above would be bizarre. However, I do think smileys should be more liberally used. A simple benign text message can easily be misread depending on one's mood, for instance. Adding one of these ???? when one puts out an intendedly funny but unclear message can save a whole lot of angst. Boomers will likely get uptight with the suggestion though because, well, they are old. FULL STOP. LOL ????????

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Having digressed slightly, this ‘full-stop’ business is just attention seeking wokeism from a failed comedian who has turned to tik-tok for attention....   I wonder how offended she would be at multiple fullstops, as is my habit when writing on a forum... 

An ellipsis is perfectly legit to be used when you've put your point across and intentionally left the rest of the meaning out... ????

"A growing number of Millennials and Gen Z"....whatever that means.

There are 330,000,000 million Americans and hundreds of millions of Europeans, Canadians, Aussies, etc., combined.

I suspect this is a very small issue for people who don't matter a lick. No need to get all riled up over it.

On the other hand, when some 30% of Cult 45ers believe Tom Hanks and HRC run an international cabal that rapes, roasts and eats babies (QAnon), a likely equal number think the 2020 election was 'stolen', and a similar percent prefer autocracy to democracy, then just maybe these are much more significant issues than a couple of whining Gen Zers who live on TikTok.

Perspective.

Edited by Walker88
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, daveAustin said:
12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

An ellipsis is perfectly legit to be used when you've put your point across and intentionally left the rest of the meaning out... ????

What have squashed circles got to do with this :giggle: ? ????

Edited by richard_smith237

10 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

"A growing number of Millennials and Gen Z"....whatever that means.

There are 330,000,000 million Americans and hundreds of millions of Europeans, Canadians, Aussies, etc., combined.

I suspect this is a very small issue for people who don't matter a lick. No need to get all riled up over it.

On the other hand, when some 30% of Cult 45ers believe Tom Hanks and HRC run an international cabal that rapes, roasts and eats babies (QAnon), a likely equal number think the 2020 election was 'stolen', and a similar percent prefer autocracy to democracy, then just maybe these are much more significant issues than a couple of whining Gen Zers who live on TikTok.

Perspective.

Full stops 2022 > USA elections in 2020 .

One large step ; one small step for ASEANNOW posters

Am I still allowed to use the word 'lard-buckets'?  Or is that considered not PC nowadays?  (I've been out of the UK for 20 years and consider using the phrase "My, you're a bit of a lard-bucket" with foreign tourists that I meet in Samui - I need to use this phrase with almost every Western woman that I meet)

Note - no full-stop used

Edited by simon43

1 minute ago, simon43 said:

Am I still allowed to use the word 'lard-buckets'?  Or is that considered not PC nowadays?  (I've been out of the UK for 20 years and consider using the phrase "My, you're a bit of a lard-bucket" with foreign tourists that I meet in Samui - I need to use this phrase with almost every Western woman that I meet)

Note - no full-stop used

That would be allowed, although it would be considered to be rather rude , just as it always has been 

1 hour ago, simon43 said:

Note - no full-stop used

Never heard it!!!!!