Foreign Falangs....... Thailand is almost back to normal!!!

Iamfalang

Looks like he lives in the local village, surprised he did not add in the 5am loudspeaker message from the Pu Yai Ban and then the morning music ensuring all were up. That in itself never changed once during the pandemic. The Monks were always chanting by 5:30 am before they then walked outside of the temples to sya prayers and obtain alms.

• Like 1

Actually, I think it's great.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED  LOVED the Covid Quiet......OMG.....It was amazing.   But after six-months I sort of missed the crazy noise.  Now it's been years......it's too long.  time for the crazy noise again.

I live in a very, very Thai area of Thailand.  I'll see maybe 1 falang a week.  

So you "foreign falangs"  (meaning falangs not living in Thailand).....come back and get your Thai noise!!!

Before covid and back in 2016, I never thought any city in Thailand could be quiet.  Then COVID...then I wasn't sure if I'd remember the 'ol days after all this quiet time.  

oh, the noise is back for good....let's hope!!!  bang, bang, bang, bang...lady screaming some Isan song too loud......

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Looks like he lives in the local village, surprised he did not add in the 5am loudspeaker message from the Pu Yai Ban and then the morning music ensuring all were up.

Funny you say that.  I moved apartments and NOW I'm facing South.  When I was facing North, oh I heard it all the time.  It's 7 a.m. here .  5 a.m. is next level.  

• Haha 1

Timing of this thread is perfect :biggrin:

On my morning round with the dog I noticed music from the school and cars parked before 7 AM. May wife tells me: a teacher is retiring, party for him.

Now since early morning a swelling and decreasing level of all kind of noises.

Music, shouting like someone broke his arm or bitten by a Rottweiler.

Then karaoke. I call it: someone stepped on cat's tail.

So all back to normal.

Covid is over!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I live on the islands I can assure you there is a long way to go before it gets back to normal 

I do agree with you, but I'm sensing hope today.   My feeling is the islands will be rocking around Christmas.   World economy in shambles, but there are enough people with cash who missed LOS.   That will be my prediction for the islands......Christmas.

for Pattaya.....oh, much earlier.   November.    

I'll be traveling this weekend and I hope it feels different than last month.  Last month, definite COVID vibe.   

yea, who am I kidding.............anyhow, the noise and horrible traffic is back everywhere!!!

Lots of days off work in October for people...................so traveling will commence.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Actually, I think it's great.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED  LOVED the Covid Quiet......OMG.....It was amazing.   But after six-months I sort of missed the crazy noise.  Now it's been years......it's too long.  time for the crazy noise again.

I live in a very, very Thai area of Thailand.  I'll see maybe 1 falang a week.  

So you "foreign falangs"  (meaning falangs not living in Thailand).....come back and get your Thai noise!!!

Before covid and back in 2016, I never thought any city in Thailand could be quiet.  Then COVID...then I wasn't sure if I'd remember the 'ol days after all this quiet time.  

oh, the noise is back for good....let's hope!!!  bang, bang, bang, bang...lady screaming some Isan song too loud......

What town?

2 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

I do agree with you, but I'm sensing hope today.   My feeling is the islands will be rocking around Christmas.   World economy in shambles, but there are enough people with cash who missed LOS.   That will be my prediction for the islands......Christmas.

for Pattaya.....oh, much earlier.   November.    

I'll be traveling this weekend and I hope it feels different than last month.  Last month, definite COVID vibe.   

yea, who am I kidding.............anyhow, the noise and horrible traffic is back everywhere!!!

Lots of days off work in October for people...................so traveling will commence.  

You mean : life is back? 

7 hours ago, Iamfalang said:

Finally, the consistent noise has returned.  

7 p.m. Karaoke crazy noise from a house nearby 

2 a.m. insane dog barking

5:30 a.m. temple-like music from a place that was relatively quiet for a long time

7:30 a.m.  traffic.    everyone in your way

8:30 a.m.  Impossible to cross a street that should be easy to cross

8:35 a.m.  100 people strangely seem to be getting in your way no matter what you do

9:00 a.m.  Construction.    Building some poorly constructed 3-story house with hammers...bang, bang, bang...

It's been a long time Thailand.

Welcome Back.  

Not sure where in Thailand that is but doesn't sound anything like the part of Bangkok I live in. 

No Karaoke, no dogs barking, no temple music or any other music for that matter and no construction noise even when they built a condo over the road! 

Sure its a city and it's busy but that's part of the reason I love it.