National Archives says it still doesn’t have all Trump White House records

Scott

National Archives Building Washington, DC - July 27, 2021: Exterior of the National Archives building located on the National Mall in Washington, DC, taken from the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. It is a museum where the US Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence are displayed. national archives stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

The National Archives has told the House Oversight Committee that certain presidential records from the Trump administration remain outstanding, citing information that some White House staff used non-official electronic systems to conduct official business.

In a Friday letter to the panel’s chairwoman, New York Democrat Carolyn Maloney, the National Archives and Records Administration, or NARA, said it had been unable to obtain records from a number of former officials and will continue to pursue the return of similar types of Presidential records from former officials.

But, “while there is no easy way to establish absolute accountability, we do know that we do not have custody of everything we should,” NARA said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/01/politics/national-archives-trump-records-house-oversight-committee/index.html

CNN-logo-July-4-2020-e1593906141959-300x

• Like 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

They "stormed" Mar a Lago? You must have lived a very sheltered life if you believe s knock on the door and presentation of a warrant constitutes storming. And you know for a fact that none of the documents Trump absconded with don't pose a threat to national security were the information contained within to fall into the wrong hands? You've read the documents?

I dictated this early in the morning without checking it for errors. Here's the revised version:

They "stormed" Mar a Lago? You must have lived a very sheltered life if you believe a knock on the door and presentation of a warrant constitute storming. And you know for a fact that none of the documents Trump absconded with  pose a threat to national security were the information contained within to fall into the wrong hands? You've read the documents?

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

I read this as a sly admission that the unprecedented storming of an ex Presidents residence and riffling of his wife's lingerie drawers(although most will have realized this once the desperate leaks started) was a complete failure. Once again they tried to kill the king, and once again they missed. They did not find what they were looking for.

To be honest, I welcome the ending of the tacit agreement not to harass ex Presidents and their children. It will provide a huge source of amusement in the near future. Thanks Biden.

I beg of you a promise.

You are not going to disappear as Trump is indicted and sent to trial.

On 10/2/2022 at 4:40 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Please don't expect logic or facts from Trump supporters.

Anybody who still supports that guy after years of lies and years of incompetence and stupidity is too far in that rabbit hole.

And yet, they may well control the house and senate before the year is out. That will be fun to watch.

17 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

And yet, they may well control the house and senate before the year is out. That will be fun to watch.

So sad if this is the case, because the USA will have sunk lower than could ever be imagined, goaded and guided by the hands of a dumb pathological liar, narcissist and thief.

Perhaps it says more about the USA than could ever be expressed here or elsewhere for that matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, placeholder said:

For you, certainly, considering that there are a disproportionate number of Putin fans among them.

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Now we can see how you get your amusment 

Certainly. Best part of my morning is drinking coffee and watching how impotent the DOJ is against SCOTUS and FPOTUS. Very important lessons in learning how democracy works in the free world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Certainly. Best part of my morning is drinking coffee and watching how impotent the DOJ is against SCOTUS and FPOTUS. Very important lessons in learning how democracy works in the free world.

Its not morning though, where are you in the bunkers hiding from your call up papers...............????

Edited by Bkk Brian

32 minutes ago, xylophone said:

So sad if this is the case, because the USA will have sunk lower than could ever be imagined, goaded and guided by the hands of a dumb pathological liar, narcissist and thief.

Perhaps it says more about the USA than could ever be expressed here or elsewhere for that matter. 

Fully agree. I don’t know the man and have never met him obviously but I hate him with every ounce of my soul. The most despicable being in my lifetime (Hitler was long dead by the time I was born).

Yet he rose to become the most powerful man in the world, aided by a political system that favoured money and popularity over meritocracy. Important lessons for developing countries.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its not morning though, were are you in the bunkers hiding from your call up papers...............????

Sadly, now that I’m in my 60’s, my days of being called up to fight for something I believe in are long gone.

3 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Sadly, now that I’m in my 60’s, my days of being called up to fight for something I believe in are long gone.

Not in Russia but I'd stick to the topic if I was you rather than trolling constantly

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Impotent against SCOTUS, as anyone. However, we don't know how the SC will rule. It already rejected Trump's claims several times in the past.

Against FPOTUS, that's another story. There is unambiguous factual evidence and it doesn't look good for Trump.

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Not in Russia but I'd stick to the topic if I was you rather than trolling constantly

Oh so sorry. I didn’t realise that responding to your post is considered trolling. A thousand apologies.

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Why not state exactly l what records they found in the recent raids and now what further records are they looking for ?

Lets have some clarity here .

Is it the codes to the Nuclear bomb or personal  love letters from Kim ?

Perhaps the DOJ would rather not tell the target of their investigation what they have in him until they bring charges.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

Impotent against SCOTUS, as anyone. However, we don't know how the SC will rule. It already rejected Trump's claims several times in the past.

Against FPOTUS, that's another story. There is unambiguous factual evidence and it doesn't look good for Trump.

There has been unambiguous factual evidence against him in so many different incidents (more than I can repeat here) but so far, all has come to nought. Mueller report, Ukraine, Jan 6, Georgia. Heck, they dare not even charge him. Only Peekaboo. She’s got more balls than Bragg.

• Like 1