If the worse happens in the war, what happens in Thailand?

Jingthing

It is a scary thought. And even considering how insane, unhinged, desperate and power hungry Putin is, at this time, I doubt he would use anything other than the smallest tactical nuke ever used. So, there would be no nuclear winter, unless the Western powers responded with something bigger, which is extremely unlikely. Let cool heads prevail. A nuclear war benefits nobody, on any level. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

T.A.T. will put its own spin on it somehow....?

Yes, from thailand, it’d be something like “several countries have released nuclear wapons but don’t worry, thailand has it all under control and is monitoring it, nothing to worry abou”… heard that a good too many times over this past 2 years already ????

4 hours ago, jvs said:

In that case the Thai people will just come and take what you have.

Golden times for the Pattaya bar stool commandos, you can hire them to protect what you have. Didn't you watch that Rambo movie where he single handledly killed a few thousand Burmese savages?

• Thumbs Up 1

I sincerely doubt nuclear war is going to happen in the near future. 
And if Putin did attack  the West , I doubt very much that Thailand itself would be involved.  Unless the nuclear fallout happens to travel into Thailand 

Edited by swm59nj

16 hours ago, gearbox said:

This subject was thoroughly researched from both sides during the Cold War. Go search the Internet or buy a book to educate yourself, instead of seeking the opinions of people which probably dropped from high school. There were many models loaded with possible inputs and generating outcomes, most predicting the end of the world as we know it.

Not sure those studies are relevant now that there is no USSR. Russia is a different enemy than in 1989.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jingthing said:

what happens in Thailand.

worst case scenario the oz war games people played out was 10% of every nation would survive.

mutate or perish being the catch cry as WS reopens for business is my guess

17 hours ago, gearbox said:

This subject was thoroughly researched from both sides during the Cold War. Go search the Internet or buy a book to educate yourself, instead of seeking the opinions of people which probably dropped from high school. There were many models loaded with possible inputs and generating outcomes, most predicting the end of the world as we know it.

"instead of seeking the opinions of people which probably dropped from high school"

Did they fail English grammar, too?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So you don’t think is possible. 

You're wrong.

Its possible but escalation to the degree you suggest is extremely unlikely.

Despite Putin's public bravado he is well aware that Russia is now hugely reliant on China , Beijing would be very hostile to any suggestion of the use of nukes.

Of course Putin may become so delusional that reason desserts him completely . However there would still be calm minds in the Kremlin , an early retirement would be arranged methinks.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

f that happens the west will retaliate and from there there is the real chance of full nuclear war destroying Russia, Europe, and North America. 

IF that happens, God forbid, but there really is a chance, what happens to the people in Thailand.

Does that mean nuclear winter here? What exactly is that experience like for people? 

When I was in the military they told us that if there was a full scale nuclear war no one would be able to live on the surface for about 200 years.

• Like 1

If the worse happens in the war, what happens in Thailand?

If we can do nothing to stop the Ferris wheel, It will happen that all the written words will be erased by the dark and toxic wind.  So Eat, drink and be merry (for tomorrow we die).

????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swm59nj said:

I sincerely doubt nuclear war is going to happen in the near future. 
And if Putin did attack  the West , I doubt very much that Thailand itself would be involved.  Unless the nuclear fallout happens to travel into Thailand 

The premise of this topic is actually what happens in Thailand if the war escalates to full blown nuclear war where Russia, Europe, and North America are wiped out bringing on global nuclear winter.

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It obviously would as the premise of this topic  is actually what happens in Thailand if the war escalates to full blown nuclear war where Russia, Europe, and North America are wiped out bringing on global nuclear winter.

This is lunacy.

Nuclear weapons have been detonated for nearly 100 years on and under the planet. Nagasaki and Hiroshima excluded the world hasn't even noticed.

If what you are positing is truly a full blown nuclear war that is just outright stupidity and the thread should be closed.

Edited by BonMot

For JINGTHING nuclear winter doubt it. The moment nato sees that Russia activated ( not sent ) a nuclear icbm or Tactical one they will take out all missile silos nato will flatten Russia or shoot down everything that got activated (always a small small chance) a couple get thru. In the future there will be no russia, Soviet Union, or? Feel sorry for all citizens but it’s still their governments fault. Hey don’t worry about it, nobody will obey the orcs orders as they know it’s them and all thier family  are history so yeah pootin try pushing your blue/white/red button that’s a 99% bullet in your Brain.

All we can do is pray that Putin will be overthrown by his own military commanders should he give the order . If he does mange to press the button the only country that is safe is New Zealand the rest of us are yesterdays news we will be obliterated . Time to say your prayers even if you are a non believer 

19 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Also read that with some delay the fallout/pollution would also stretch to the southern hemisphere. So sorry you Australians.

Brilliantly told in 'On the Beach' by Nevil Shute, a book I read as a teenager, of life there as the nuclear cloud came ever closer. There was a 1959 film of it too with an all-star cast.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, joecoolfrog said:

Its possible but escalation to the degree you suggest is extremely unlikely.

Despite Putin's public bravado he is well aware that Russia is now hugely reliant on China , Beijing would be very hostile to any suggestion of the use of nukes.

Of course Putin may become so delusional that reason desserts him completely . However there would still be calm minds in the Kremlin , an early retirement would be arranged methinks.

I never said it was likely but yes of course it is possible and the risk is the highest its been since the Cuban missile crisis. 

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's often said that Thais think f-rangs are rich. Adding insult to injury do you think that means we would be targeted for break ins? Not so much for money which might be worthless but for our imagined well stocked pantries?

My GF turns her nose up at my western food, so I  think my emergency canned food will be safe. ????

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

My GF turns her nose up at my western food, so I  think my emergency canned food will be safe. ????

I somehow think people would become less picky.

Donner. Party of three.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Brilliantly told in 'On the Beach' by Nevil Shute, a book I read as a teenager, of life there as the nuclear cloud came ever closer. There was a 1959 film of it too with an all-star cast.

Filmed in my city Melbourne Australia deemed to be one of the safest big cities in the event of the Northern hemisphere apocalypse as long as the clouds of radiation aren't big enough to kill life everywhere. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy