need advice on dealing with problem neighbour

farangbkk123

7 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Are there any farangs on the Condo Committee, talk to them. I can't believe they would tolerate a crackhead brothel in the condo, mine certainly wouldn't.

The noise and high volume of traffic could be complained about but the smoking meth is a guess at best unless you actually see them doing it. I would not mention that without concrete proof as that will come with instant retaliation if it is going on. Let the authorities deal with it if anyone actually shows up to deal with the noise\traffic issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

install a camera and document the coming and going and the noise from that apartment and interduce that to the police as solid evidence,

"Solid evidence" of what?   Why would police have any interest in visitors to someone's condo?   I'm pretty sure that friends coming and going, even if they don't do it quietly, is not illegal.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, farangbkk123 said:

I didn’t buy it, I’m only renting but why should I move out when this crackhead is breaking the law. Anyone know any police or people that can help? 

Good - you are in a position to make an easy decision - (you don’t own it and can move). 

You don’t want to move - Thats naivety....    it’s far easier and simpler to move away from this issue. 

IF this issue does get dealt with, who will move in next ? the juristic committee don’t care, so they don’t care who moves in an who causes issues in other rooms or other floors, it could be dogs, other rooms used as a brothel or crack-house etc... its just not worth it. 

Moving to a better place is the only sensible solution. 

You could call the police, but do you really trust them not to tell the LB that the foreigner across the hallway has ‘grassed him/her up’... and... you know it, 'no one likes a grass !!!'....  that LB will hate you and in a cracked up state potentially cause you a world of problems. 

This is defiantly one of those ‘walk away’ situation....   life too short, just be happy somewhere else. 

------

If you walk away, will you lose deposit ? probably. 

Just use your deposit as your last months rent - then claim the owner didn’t fulfil their part of the contract as the property isn’t safe with a crackwhore living opposite. 

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, proton said:

Does nobody ever read posts, the OP RENTS!

The Op doesn’t mention that he rents in his original post. 

He only mentions that he’s rending half way down the first page of the thread. 

Important info he should have lead with. 

That said - a lot of people reply without reading the whole thread to get updated information before the fire off a reply from the hip... 

4 hours ago, Dan O said:

The noise and high volume of traffic could be complained about but the smoking meth is a guess at best unless you actually see them doing it. I would not mention that without concrete proof as that will come with instant retaliation if it is going on. Let the authorities deal with it if anyone actually shows up to deal with the noise\traffic issue. 

I know for sure , they’re all smoking meth. The crackhead told me. Also I’ve seen people go in the room that I know are crackheads. Been here long time. Wish there was an anonymous service I could pay for to get rid of these disrespectful scumbags

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, farangbkk123 said:

I didn’t buy it, I’m only renting but why should I move out when this crackhead is breaking the law. Anyone know any police or people that can help? 

Move because confrontation in this situation has very limited chance of success, and you may encounter continued ramifications 

moving is almost a sure fire solution if you choose your next residence carefully

12 hours ago, farangbkk123 said:

you really didn't read the posts.... it's a lose, lose situation you will be having more and more trouble and even more if you call the police on him/her or whatever is, revenge is their modo/motto.... sometimes trying to find a cheap rental or less expensive it may take one into some dark areas that should be avoided, if I was you I would move ASAP, but as they here  "It's Up To You"

13 hours ago, farangbkk123 said:

1.Move ,there is no drama in it!

2.Stay and speak your mind and your opening up a can of….

The second option result is a continuous watching over your shoulder! LB can be very temperamental  imop   

14 hours ago, farangbkk123 said:

LOL.  Breaking the law to the falang???????  You are a visitor.

Meth head can be very, very dangerous.   Get the police, then they will want revenge on you

You want to make their life very bad, then think it will be OK for you?

NO

leave immediately, lesson learned.

• Like 1

1) Have you spoken to the other neighbors? 

They must be going crazy also.

What if 4 of you went to the police together, including at least 1 Thai?

2) I like 1 poster's suggestion of speaking to the condo owner. 

Tell him you can't stand it and will have to leave if he can't do something, and that nobody else is going to stay more than a month 

3) Forum posters everyday talk about police getting brown envelopes - whoever pays the police the most wins in disputes, etc., etc.

I've never dealt with the police here.

Forum posters - why haven't any of you suggested this?

Fear of a ladyboy is that big?

4) 

Liverpool Lou - "Him."

Have Liverpool knock on his door and "misgender" him.

Edited by JimmyJ

On 10/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, Iamfalang said:

Now threatening violence, murder.......yea, this isn't going to help your case.

Now we should report the falang for wanting to kill a Thai.

sounds pretty bad........................looking for a hit man on a thread.

should be reported!!!!  

Not looking for a hitman u donut! Looking for someone that can maybe have a word and ask them to stop slamming doors etc

• Haha 2

On 10/8/2022 at 11:53 PM, farangbkk123 said:

You are an adult, go to the tourist police and file a complaint, saying that you may get no result and LB will be still living there and will know you went to the police.

As many expats on here have already said, move, the easy option and you will have a better quality of life. It is interesting the Condo management have not done anything, maybe move into a better condo that has a good track record of management, go for the big names in the industry.