Security beefed up for APEC with Putin participating

snoop1130

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

TAT will be very happy with this spot the criminal photo should boost tourism no end, Putin is a toxic war dog with most not wanting him to be on the same planet yet alone the same conference room as him  ????

image.jpeg

That photo is from the ASEAN summit in 2018 in Singapore.

This thread is a perfect example of how people twist news to suit their own agenda. The photo of the PM shaking hands was taken before Vlad Putrid invaded Ukraine, so he is not endorsing Russia's invasion.

Having said that, would the scene be repeated now? Probably. Remember, Thailand has failed to condemn Russia, merely expressing concern. Not that anyone anywhere cares what Thailand thinks. 

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

This thread is a perfect example of how people twist news to suit their own agenda. The photo of the PM shaking hands was taken before Vlad Putrid invaded Ukraine, so he is not endorsing Russia's invasion.

Does that matter? How many people opposed to him (Czar Vlad) had he eliminated at that stage! Radiation poisoning, remember?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

That photo is from the ASEAN summit in 2018 in Singapore.

I know it not recent but politicians around the world must be cringing at the emergence of any archive posing with nukein pukeing ????

• Like 1

I would suggest that Putin's recent actions are the antithesis of APEC's primary goal.

Which is to promote sustainable economic growth, trade and investment, and prosperity in the Asia-Pacific region.

Unless there is a consensus of members to censure Putin at the meeting, which won't happen, his attendance will serve no good purpose, except for him to use the meeting to push his agenda and more propaganda.

• Like 1

While the whole world is condemming the War in the Ukrain, Thailand invites the agressor for a meeting. That will surely attrack more tourists they think maybe. Meant as soft power??? I personally think it will do more damge than good to Thailand. 

• Like 1

".....intelligence revealed no untoward incidents will occur during the summit but some of the leaders attending it might clash among themselves."

Wow! That's some kind of intelligence - forecasting the future now!

Maybe my wife might like to talk to them about Lottery numbers! ????

Edited by sambum

5 minutes ago, JimboB4 said:

This article from 6 days ago says he’s not going to be there. Is this wrong? I’d actually like to know if he will actually be brave enough to leave the safety of the Kremlin. I don’t think he has the B**** to leave the Kremlin. 

https://thediplomat.com/2022/10/thailands-apec-misfortunes-continue/

Quite. Not going to happen, what happened in Thailand in 2006 will be on his mind.

On the other side of the coin, if he did make out he was coming every chance the event would be cancelled. Who on earth would risk being collateral damage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

TAT will be very happy with this spot the criminal photo should boost tourism no end, Putin is a toxic war dog with most not wanting him to be on the same planet yet alone the same conference room as him  ????

image.jpeg

Which is who? They  look the same!