Canadian rollerblader fined 1,000 baht after spooking motorists on the Bangkok streets

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

the miscreant as 37 year old Canadian national Jordan McIver

I really was expecting something crazier.   To be honest, I could've seen myself doing this maybe 5 years ago.................Maybe starting in a park, then getting in traffic and thinking this is like being a bike messenger in NYC...............

I've done TONS of biking in crazy traffic without a helmet, but not on the news............yet. 

They say he was "highly inappropriate".........................this is what I need to know!!!!!   This could be the most important part.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Imaging tomorrow 20 000 Thai people doing the same,great way to control air pollution and get some exercise.

Just one car door opening could have killed him,not smart eh?

yeah not that smart at all but it was still pretty cool. I wish I had the skill and the guys to try that at least once. 

my only thrill is Lumphini to the KSR on the back of a Bolt taxi motosai. although I did a long trip to Central Bang Na the other week on the back of an electric scooter whilst it was threatening to rain. driver went the back way to avoid the Suk and I got to see the butt-end of Bangkok. it was quite the adventure. p'raps our Canadian buddy should have started off the main roads eh?

9 hours ago, bobbin said:

"I was exercising and exploring Bangkok," he told the police. "I had no idea it was wrong as I don't know the Thai law. I'll pay my fine and won't do it again".

????

Canadians. That's the way we roll...

Maybe it was some kind of Elvis thing out at the speedway? Blow at High Dough.

????????

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

"was going fast in between traffic. One Grab delivery guy couldn't get by."

there is contradiction - if he was going fast he was not blocking motorbikes.

He is an equal road user, as motorbikes, bicycles

Roller bladder is an equal road user? He is more pedestrian than motorist.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, surely there are many more Thais on motorbikes without helmets on the roads every day weaving in and out, not just on Sukhumvit, they are not immune?

They're not immune but they are, theoretically, legal on the roads.

Edited by Liverpool Lou