Police General Transferred Over Drug Allegations

webfact

image.jpeg

Pol. Maj. Gen.Wasamae Salae. Photo: Thai Rath

by TNR Staff

NATIONAL Police Chief Pol. Gen. Damrongsak Kittiprapas ordered the transfer of Pol. Maj. Gen.Wasamae Salae, head of Narathiwat provincial police, to the headquarters in Bangkok amid allegations of links to drug cartels, Thai Rath newspaper said yesterday (Oct. 20).

Pol. Gen. Damrongsak, who assigned Pol. Maj. Gen. Wasamae to duties at the Operations Centre, had signed the transfer order last evening.

It is likely that a committee will be set up to investigate this case to ensure transparency and fairness.

A little later the head of the Crime Victims Assistance Club submitted evidence he had gathered that allegedly points to the transferred police general helping drug traffickers to the police with Pol. Col. Phakphong Saiubon, deputy chief of the Research Division, received it, Matichon newspaper said.

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2022/10/20/police-general-transferred-over-drug-allegations/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2022-10-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

police general helping drug traffickers

A General , and still had to be transferred ... good that a glimpse of the truth came to light , at least .

Corruption . How many millions did he receive for his service ?

Check his accounts and confiscate ...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

A General , and still had to be transferred ... good that a glimpse of the truth came to light , at least .

Corruption . How many millions did he receive for his service ?

Check his accounts and confiscate ...

but as he is being transferred to the Operation Centre, more opportunities arise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another single capture of an RTP crook....most probably a PR stunt as his name has been published as an act of supposed transparency!

But hey....needn't worry...there's hundreds more still there amongst the ~230K participants!

• Like 1

NATIONAL Police Chief Pol. Gen. Damrongsak Kittiprapas ordered the transfer of Pol. Maj. Gen.Wasamae Salae, head of Narathiwat provincial police, to the headquarters in Bangkok

Not like he could do any damage being transferred to BKK HQ ? How about a place where he cant potentially bribe someone ?

• Haha 1

amid allegations of links to drug cartels

I have to imagine the cartels are very, very powerful and very, very intimidating.   Eventually, someone will work with them.............

1983, country not mentioned, massage house, 10 cartel members busted in and started taking pictures of me!!!  I had three wives, 11 kids, and a great job!!!  

If you are in a business where cartels know you name.............get in another business.

Ok, back to Call of Duty................I'm pwning these wanna be ganstas 

45 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

1983, country not mentioned, massage house, 10 cartel members busted in and started taking pictures of me!!!  I had three wives, 11 kids, and a great job!!!  

Was it USA, Salt lake city. :cheesy:

Edited by Orinoco

5 hours ago, webfact said:

It is likely that a committee will be set up to investigate this case to ensure

a complete whitewash after a slap on the wrist.  Committees are Thailand's stock-in-trade - an excuse for free lunches and travel allowances whilst achieving nothing.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Iamfalang said:

I have to imagine the cartels are very, very powerful and very, very intimidating.   Eventually, someone will work with them.............

If you are in a business where cartels know you name.............get in another business.

Ok, back to Call of Duty................I'm pwning these wanna be ganstas 

Heard on the news last night of police officers getting surrounded by a gang, forced to give up their weapons and the the gang drove off with the guns and police vehicles...

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/drug-cartel-steals-seized-drugs-car-and-guns-from-red-faced-police

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ozz1 said:

The whole police force needs to be reformed from the top down but it won't happen too many bad apples

Many years ago now I guess (in my late teens and twenties if I recall) police corruption in NSW, and in other States too I believe e.g. Qld under that crook Bejelke Peterson, was rampant.

Massive task force Investigations (maybe a Royal Commission? I can't remember) and special Internal Affairs I.A. task forces cleaned the forces out of the drug dealers, extortionists, thieves, bullies, and violent ones e.g. 'phone-booking' people for confessions, bashing innocent people for fun, murder, you name it, it was being done. 

Now the NSW forces are all but clean, and set a high standard and example.

Body cam's, longer and more rigorous training and assessment, and other sweeping reforms cemented this new era of policing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

a complete whitewash after a slap on the wrist.  Committees are Thailand's stock-in-trade - an excuse for free lunches and travel allowances whilst achieving nothing.

Sounds like the UN.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

It is likely that a committee will be set up to investigate this case to ensure transparency and fairness.

In cahoots with a drug cartel.. who'd of thought that possible.

Rotten right to the top..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ozz1 said:

The whole police force needs to be reformed from the top down but it won't happen too many bad apples

They need to become corrupt to garner enough funds to buy higher promotion..

the whole system almost dictates that's what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1