Thai man buys his dream car with coins saved in a piggy bank for just nine months

webfact

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

"karma

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences."

like I said, superstitious claptrap. we live once and then we die. there is no mystical force that judges us and metes out punishment in this or the non-existent past or future lives. 

Can you prove we only live once?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

But you think positive to achieve your aims.

I never said thinking wouldn’t lead to one achieving aims, or in this thread, road safety.

I said relying upon superstitious rituals wouldn’t. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Nope.

Not the same thing. 

It isn’t the ritual that leads to achieving aims, it is the concentration. 

Relying purely on ritual will not lead to road safety but concentrating on what one is doing will at least help ensure that you are not wholly responsible for an accident.  

In addition rituals will not protect you from the idiocy of others on the road. 

Most driving is habit not concentration. Many times you drive 30 mins then wonder how the time went as you were thinking about something else. Habits come from repetition or sc mind.

A good driver doesnt have to try and concentrate too hard cause it is already a habit to drive safely.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Most driving is habit not concentration. Many times you drive 30 mins then wonder how the time went as you were thinking about something else. Habits come from repetition or sc mind.

A good driver doesnt have to try and concentrate too hard cause it is already a habit to drive safely.

Again, it is not the superstitious ritual that leads to road safety but the development of good habits. 

That is relying on one’s self not a belief that a deity or ritual will make everything turn out right. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Again, it is not the superstitious ritual that leads to road safety but the development of good habits. 

That is relying on one’s self not a belief that a deity or ritual will make everything turn out right. 

Belief in god is a good habit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sparktrader said:

Belief in god is a good habit.

That is a matter of opinion and I don’t care what mythical deity people choose to believe in, none of my business. 

However, that does not mean superstitious rituals lead to road safety. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Later in the video he did some wai-ing to the steering wheel and flower placing on the front grille - both highly important measures to ensure safety on the Thai roads.

He might need a bit more than that..

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Later in the video he did some wai-ing to the steering wheel and flower placing on the front grille - both highly important measures to ensure safety on the Thai roads.

Next step is doing the same while in motion to confirm there  isn't any. 

nothing gets falangs more upset than going to a super, super, super poor country and realizing even the poor folks save more and drive a nicer car.

Bitter day falang!!!  lol

falang land, can save 180k baht in a month not that difficult once in an established career.   if wife and husband working, can save 300k in a month sometimes. 

pensions...............hahahhahhahahaha......  that's for the really super poor.  

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I do think the guys at the car shop, would have been happier if he had come with a bank transfer. 

My first car was a Honda Jazz.  My friend & I inspected it in the showroom.  I haggled with the salesman over price & extras then played my trump card; 'How much for TWO?'  On delivery we went in & paid for both cars with 1000 baht wads.

37 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My first car was a Honda Jazz.  My friend & I inspected it in the showroom.  I haggled with the salesman over price & extras then played my trump card; 'How much for TWO?'  On delivery we went in & paid for both cars with 1000 baht wads.

Yeah, but thats ok. Have done same. On million you can almost hold between the fingers on one hand. ???? 

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Better to ask 'how much for 10?', then you find out the cheapest they can go. 

11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

P. Ef.   Where was it reported as "Pee Ef"?

It is in the opening post of this topic:

A jaunty exchange in comments between the sales person called "Pee Ef" and the customer took place.

The customer thanked Pee Ef for providing those lovely little extras and for looking after him so well.

Pee Ef responded that he was an inspiration for other Thais trying to save, reported Sanook