Passengers to finally get refunds from high-flying Thai Airways still facing financial turbulence

webfact

Got our refund in August....But Thai won't be on my list of airlines in the future...Another airline to avoid is Air Asia we ended up flying to KL before heading elsewhere to talk to a human to sort our our loss best I could do is vouchers....Maybe we should pay for our flight at the end like a taxi ride...that would help fix service from these airlines...????

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

It's possible to be highly educated and a crook at the same time????

Certain PM's, could be referred to here, ie all British PM's in the last 50 years for stealing from retired expat OAP's by not awarding them their annual pension increases.

Edited by possum1931
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dene16 said:

For those reading this and waiting for a refund, all I can say is,   'don't hold your breath'

And even if you do the article doesn't say a full re fund. It says the refund will be directly linked to the ticket price. Now what does that mean?

1 hour ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

Are you xenophobic towards Thai nationals ?

meaning you think that the nation doesn’t have highly educated people to run a company?

Does this mean you might be an expat looking down on Thai nationals as uneducated?

Your words are very concerning and should have been flagged by a site monitor.

Really ?

TG service sucks. Once the cabin crew cleans up the meal service, they disappear into the gallies never to be seen again. They serve all drinks in thimbles. Wouldn't quench a Quetzal's thirst or give a bee a buzz.

Thai Smile cabin attendants much better...and it's the same company. 

• Like 1

They were bloated airline and full of themselves, flying and operating of past glory and on the government's dime ordering expensive new planes way too soon, those were the days that 40 million tourists came to Thailand and when the COVID hit, they weren't  smart enough or quick enough to adopt...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frankie machine said:

Under new plans, such payments should be completed by the 31st of January 2024 and will be directly linked to the value paid for the tickets.

directly linked as in an honest 10% ?   20%  ? of the actual ticket price?

There should be a requirement for the refund to include plus 7% for depriving customers of their money for so long.

4 hours ago, Drop the dead donkey said:

Are you xenophobic towards Thai nationals ?

meaning you think that the nation doesn’t have highly educated people to run a company?

Does this mean you might be an expat looking down on Thai nationals as uneducated?

Your words are very concerning and should have been flagged by a site monitor.

My goodness another over offended liberal. That's not what I implied and you know it. The strategy hasn't worked for decades. Isn't it racist to exclude foreigners. How would that go down in your home country 

10 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Air Asia stewardesses are much hotter than Thai stewardesses. Being a 'legacy airline', many of Thai's stewardesses should have retired 25 years ago, an old friend used to say that Air Canada were the same, (grab-a-grannie).

I see Thai now wanting £1350 to fly LHR-BKK rtn, it used to be half as much.

Are you flying to gawk at cabin staff or because you want to get from A to B?  Don't see where age comes into it. Plus you complain about the fare for a rtn ticket. What else do you want?

6 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

My goodness another over offended liberal. That's not what I implied and you know it. The strategy hasn't worked for decades. Isn't it racist to exclude foreigners. How would that go down in your home country 

Imagine the face loss that would happen if they brought in a foreigner to run the national airline and he was successful? 

Thai men have very fragile egos and don't work well with foreigners, especially when they have to listen to foreigners that know a lot more than them.

Fortunately I won't have to but I won't work for any Thais ever again, they are total ????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sidgy said:

flying with Thai every three weeks direct to Europe. The price is the cheapest option and no stopover in the ME.  Service is good, main meal better than other airlines, breakfast same as others.... dog s***

The worst thing is, unlike six months ago, the plane is 100% full every time now, i was getting quite accustomed to having a row to myself haha.

Yes...  I don't mind the meals (in Business) however, as you said...  breakfast is cr@p.

That solid (tasteless) matter made from powdered eggs that they used to call a "Spanish Omelette" usually turns me right off eating for the rest of the morning.

They've changed its name but it's still the same ????????...   and don't mention 'coffee'. 

On 10/21/2022 at 2:44 PM, darrenr said:

I checked flights from Perth no economy but business class $12,000 AUD return , even their flights from Sydney economy are very expensive, Singapore airlines now has a stranglehold on flights from Australia to Thailand , still no flights direct from Brisbane , have to fly Qantas Brisbane to Sydney then they give you 75 mins to transfer from domestic to international terminal (in this time you have to disembark Qantas jet, collect bags , shuttle bus to international terminal , check in, clear customs ) talk about fine if not impossible 

I never book flights requiring transfer from domestic to international with less than 3 hours layover.  Same with international to domestic flights.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:45 PM, possum1931 said:

"meaning you think that the nation doesn’t have highly educated people to run a company?"

You have people with probably an average low Thai IQ running the country, ie, the unelected PM and his sleeping partner. So why not similar running a company?

A foreigner would probably make smart business decisions without worrying about "losing face."

Edited by Hawaiian
clarification
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2022 at 10:00 AM, Andrew65 said:

Air Asia stewardesses are much hotter than Thai stewardesses. Being a 'legacy airline', many of Thai's stewardesses should have retired 25 years ago, an old friend used to say that Air Canada were the same, (grab-a-grannie).

It Used to be LESS than a Quarter of that.....I Once paid 369.00 for the same Flight....O.K. It was back in 1980 But Still that is what I Paid.....555 !!

25 minutes ago, Nong Khai Man said:

It is half as much. A member of my family just paid less than 600 pounds return, direct, Feb-March 23. 2flights a day. They also told me contacting Thaiair direct was more expensive

Edited by brianthainess
more info

Thai AIrways  could cut the amount of their management by half again and still have too many

managers.  I have enjoyed flying with them in the past and their flight attendants were always

very professional. I had worse service from the old Air Canada flight attendants. I have seen many

very uppity passengers who seemed very spoiled during a lot of flights, also people who had no

manners or couth, noisy talkers and slobs when they ate. I have also enjoyed flying with EVA

and Cathy Pacific, and feel fortunate to have enough money to travel about the world.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:54 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

Imagine the face loss that would happen if they brought in a foreigner to run the national airline and he was successful? 

Thai men have very fragile egos and don't work well with foreigners, especially when they have to listen to foreigners that know a lot more than them.

Fortunately I won't have to but I won't work for any Thais ever again, they are total ????

Exactly. A foreigner would expose the corruption and over bloated workforce and demand change and come against quite the resistance to it. That's why they always put Thais in the role.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Exactly. A foreigner would expose the corruption and over bloated workforce and demand change and come against quite the resistance to it. That's why they always put Thais in the role.

Maybe 15 years ago a foreigner (not luk krueng) who had gained Thai citizenship was appointed to the main Thai Inter. BOD. Many other BOD members protested 'not Thai' as required by the regulations. He was removed very quickly.

20 hours ago, Stargeezr said:

Thai AIrways  could cut the amount of their management by half again and still have too many

managers.  I have enjoyed flying with them in the past and their flight attendants were always

very professional. I had worse service from the old Air Canada flight attendants. I have seen many

very uppity passengers who seemed very spoiled during a lot of flights, also people who had no

manners or couth, noisy talkers and slobs when they ate. I have also enjoyed flying with EVA

and Cathy Pacific, and feel fortunate to have enough money to travel about the world.

I've had 2 'worst experiences', both as bad as each other:

1. Thai International.

2. American Airlines.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, Hawaiian said:

I never book flights requiring transfer from domestic to international with less than 3 hours layover.  Same with international to domestic flights.

Recent good experience with this, on Singapore Airlines:

Sydney to Singapore, then change the flight at Changi for Singapore to Bkk.

Scheduled time on the ground 25 minutes.

- Pleasant experience getting off the a'craft on arrival at Changi (hostesses had everything well prepared, passengers well organized.

- Several golf carts waiting very close to aircraft door, loaded and moved off quickly. Ground staff very helpful and pleasant.

- I'm in a wheelchair, I was asked to wait until 90% of passengers alighted the aircraft.

- Out and into the waiting S'pore wheelchair, 2 attendants, one taking care of cabin bags etc., the other well experienced at keeping the ride smooth and fast. 

- Passengers asked politely to not engage in shopping etc. With apologies.

- On arrival at next gate all very well organized, extra gate staff on hand. Extra staff on board temporarily helping to get cabin bags into overhead lockers, getting passengers seated and buckled up and helping with any last minute issues.

- Doors closed, aircraft moved away right on 25 minutes.

- Arrived at Suvarnabhumi 10 minutes early.

- I had 4 check-in items (incl 2 wheelchairs), all arrived in Bkk on my flight, all in good order.

Edited by scorecard