Thai woman cuts her own finger off to "prove her honesty" - but still gets beaten up

webfact

4 hours ago, redwood1 said:

I wonder how she will view this finger cutting in 10 years......I bet lover boy will be long gone by then......

And he let her do it.....Great guy....

Probably will have a 10 year itch that will never be properly scratched

• Haha 1

For the rest of her life she will have to live with the regret of one moment of sheer stupidity, every time she glances at her missing finger, every time someone asks her about her "accident". She essentially marked herself for life, as deficient and deeply disturbed. 

So, why doesn't Thai society discourage stupidity? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Probably not married. The Thai word "faen" means anything from girlfriend or boyfriend to legally married spouse.

True. Much like the English word "partner" could mean all those things. However, Thai media mostly reported the word สามี "sami" which would generally only be used for a married couple. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Why are Thai kids so stupid?

This is another reason why nobody should let their kids go to school in Thailand. No matter these bad international schools or any school in Thailand. The Thai school system makes students more stupid.

Yea blame it on the schools, not on her parents who gave her away at 16. 

Edited by nightfox
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For the rest of her life she will have to live with the regret of one moment of sheer stupidity, every time she glances at her missing finger, every time someone asks her about her "accident". She essentially marked herself for life, as deficient and deeply disturbed. 

So, why doesn't Thai society discourage stupidity? 

For her sake she should change the story, if asked, to something involving a factory or cooking accident.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The previous evening as part of the argument she said that she had severed her own finger to prove to her husband, 22, that what she was saying was the truth.

If the relationship got to that point it might have been better to move out.

2 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

For her sake she should change the story, if asked, to something involving a factory or cooking accident.

Agreed. Anything other than I had a fit and sliced my finger off. Or, my man was making me crazy, so I though mangling my hand was the right thing to do.