Tourists given suspended jail sentences/fines after Bangkok-Sathorn raid

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

There are still 56 - mostly Chinese tourists - who will appear in court today. These are the ones who are fighting charges.

So what about the rest of them? From an earlier report -

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2022/10/27/chinese-links-to-nightlife-underworld-probed/

On Wednesday, after the raid, Police Major General Theeradet revealed that 104 of those detained at the venue had tested positive for illicit drugs including 50 men and 54 women.

These included 99 Chinese citizens, 51 women and 48 men, 3 Thai women, a Thai man and a Cambodian national.

8 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

You need to do more research or talk to more Thais.  Farang specifically refers to western foreigners.  Japanese are called yippon.  Black foreigners are cslled farang dam.  Cbinese are called Kuhn Cin 

as I've already said Farang is what Thais call Foreigners, and it means ANYBODY not born in Thailand irrespective of their colour or the Country where they were born.I am not a newbie, I have lived in Thailnd 15 years next February.

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, NobbyClarke said:

I am aware of an English guy in "The Hilton" doing 8 years for the same drug.

Thailand people will be on death row for these offences.

I don't know how these fines and sentences are fair and equal. Someone, somewhere in high places knows.

Exactly! Thai law is applied in highly unequal amounts depending on who you are, where you come from and how much you pay. It's disgraceful.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, SmokeandIce said:

I suggest you google "are all foreigners in Thaiand called farang?"

This  is the result:

inbound6340146182470998135.jpg

Who cares about the semantics. It's obvious the Chinese enjoy favourable treatment with regard to breaking the law. Money talks.

• Thumbs Up 1