Marriage extension - 2nd year home visit - normal or ...

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Whether or not you have more than one home visit depends upon the office you apply at.

Thanks Joe.

Like I said it's not an issue, they can come every year if they want (wouldn't even accept a coffee last year), I just thought it was a bit unusual.

Pathum built a nice new office a few years ago, all very nice and A/C'd, except the waiting area is outside, at least it has fans and shade.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crossy said:

This morning I got a call from immigration wanting to book a home visit, I thought they only did that on the first year?

did the tall one show up ? he is pretty nice. they (pathum) have come to my house 3 years in a row now. same guys. 

• Like 2

My immigration office is CW.  For around a dozen years I was doing retirement extensions based on my OA Visa.  But several years back when they implemented the medical insurance requirement I switched to a marriage extension on that OA. 

I've done 3 marriage extensions since switching....finished the 3rd one just a few weeks ago....12 month final stamp in my passport.....no home visit for any of the three.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

did the tall one show up ? he is pretty nice. they (pathum) have come to my house 3 years in a row now. same guys. 

I honestly don't remember from last year, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were the same chaps.

Yep, every year here in Pattaya. They were a little abrupt with me the first time but nice as pie ever since. They even use the school bus (and driver) from the school that I send 3 kids to. All in all one of the most pleasant of the immigration interactions to go through. Same people each time, so at least a little rapport being formed.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

That's intrusive. It would make me feel like a criminal to be honest.

Couldn't agree more.

If I was married and didn't wish to work and over 50.....

I would do extensions based on retirement. 

Years ago I believe some even came into your home.

Have neighbors as "witnesses"

etc.

I wouldn't put up with that rubbish .

• Haha 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Years ago I believe some even came into your home.

Have neighbors as "witnesses"

etc.

I wouldn't put up with that rubbish .

I'm doing this for the first time in the next 2 weeks (I'm under 50). Not sure what I'll have to do but I need a neighbor witness. At least they said it was only the first year (Chiang Mai). The fact they make you re-apply with a stack of papers (in duplicate!) every year is bad enough without them entering into your personal life.

12 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

The fact they make you re-apply with a stack of papers (in duplicate!) every year is bad enough without them entering into your personal life.

It is the same set of papers normally, if you don't leave the country it is easy and what I did was scan the Passport pages / id card / tabien baan and when needed just printed them out.

The only extra stuff was

1- Pictures

2- Bank Letter

3- New KR2 from Amphur

Edited by MJCM
Change pictures to papers (typo)
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MJCM said:

This was still the case in Buriram, 4 pictures

1- Sitting on the bed

2- in front of the House

3- in front of the house with the house number clearly visible

4- Sitting in the living room

and I recall in Pattaya We once had to give them a picture of our cloths closet ????

Yup, they rejected the bed one last year and used one with us in the kitchen, so I did the same again this year with no issues.

3 minutes ago, MJCM said:

2- in front of the House

That's all fine but only one time! More than that implies they think you're a fraud or they're just being intrusive for the sake of it. I would be annoyed if I was the OP.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Crossy said:

Yup, they rejected the bed one last year and used one with us in the kitchen, so I did the same again this year with no issues.

I changed to retirement, not because of the paper work but because of the Under consideration period. I always hated that.

• Like 2

Just now, MJCM said:

I changed to retirement, not because of the paper work but because of the Under consideration period. I always hated that.

Yeah, once I actually stop working I'll move to retirement, but for now need that WP.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MJCM said:

This was still the case in Buriram, 4 pictures

1- Sitting on the bed

2- in front of the House

I do Buriram and number 1 they don't do. Or they don't ask me for. 2, 3, & 4 I have to have our three children in the photos even though having children isn't a requirement to obtaining a 'marriage extension'.