Dangerous driving! Seven McLaren drivers fined 10,000 baht each for scary overtaking in North

webfact

5 hours ago, happysoul said:

Taking average price of 23M, the fine is 0.04% of the value of the car... Must have hurt the drivers badly ????

Totally agree. the fine for any criminal, driving or public offence should always be based on income - but i guess the higher-ups in ALL countries know it would hit them hardest and do nothing about it 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, happysoul said:

Taking average price of 23M, the fine is 0.04% of the value of the car... Must have hurt the drivers badly ????

Yeah, and what is wrong. I think it was good that they took the maximum amount. Or do you consider that a fine of 1 million would be ok? Maybe you should get 160 000 baht fine for driving without helmet, or 450 000 for driving to fast. Would you like that?

Don´t bother to answer, because you will only talk about how rich they are and how much they can pay because of that. Something that we always hear about, when the rich get advantage, then it´s wrong according to many posters. If we want the law to be same there, then we must let the law be same here. They got the maximum fine, so that was what was possible according to the law. Is it wrong both when they follow the law and when they bend it? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Local know to slow down at bends,,,,5555555!

Of course they do. As soon as they hit something solid like a tree, they slow right down.

I bet those McLarens have stickers in the back window.

' My other cars a Vios '

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

The fines in Thailand are far too low. Should be at least 5 to 10 greater than now.

One major reason that Thailand has lots of traffic accidents is that, rarely do the police enforce the rules of the road, and when they do, the consequences are miniscule relative to the danger/damage created by the driver.

Speeding Tickets on the expressway in BKK are now up to 1k Thb, they were 500 Thb and people were always over 120...

2 hours ago, off road pat said:

Hm,...In some country's fines are based on income which is much more fair than the same fine for rich or poor people !!!

If Rich or poor are both doing the same crime - why should one subset be penalised more than the other??   Sounds like jealousy to me...

BTW - which countries would these be?

Edited by G Rex
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

A group of more than 20 drivers in the supercars worth between 18 and 27 million baht each according to the media had been caught on dash cam footage

10,000 baht out of pocket will learn them a lesson they'll never forget.

• Like 1

500 - 1000 baht is a heavy fine for a local.  More than a day or two wages.  3 days if on that bottom rung of the ladder.

Just as 1, 2 or $300 USD, would be to me in FarangLand.  It's not the amount, it's how many hours of work it takes to pay the fine, that the relative cost of anything.

Apply that across the board, and Thailand is a very expensive country for locals to live in.  Helmet fine cost over a day's wage.  Whole Five Star chicken cost almost a half a day's wage.  For myself, my last job, 23 yrs ago, that would be an $90 USD chicken ???? ????

Let that sink in ... take as long as you need.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Haveasay said:

Delivery drivers and motor bike taxis returning to their post everyday are dangerous. About time they got hefty fines as well.

Vey true, Fines should be doubled for these drivers/riders

as they are supposed to be professionals.

• Like 1