Warning to all dog owners in Thailand after a recent pit bull attack and other serious incidents

webfact

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Why 75%? Where I come from there are no strays. All dogs must be microchipped.

75% is reasonable here in y opinion... indeed better is no stary dogs at all, but here there are too many even the dogs which are living in or near a temple.... if you see some dogs they are sick and covered with wounds and nobody takes care of them.. If the Thai people believe the dogas are reincarnaited maybe family members maybe a even more reason to end their misery.. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Mywayboy said:

Should be banned worldwide as they are a bred predator.

When not if they attack someone should be euthanasia immediately. 

To many words in that. this is much better.

Worldwide, bred predator.

Should be euthanatized immediately. 

There you go :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Let me get this straight - you want to ban a bred (which needs to be evaluated) by shooting them and all soi dogs? Yet your means of killing them in fact needs to be highly controlled if not banned outright…

more of a problem in thailand Guns or dogs?

you speak with fork tongue 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai law imposes duties on the owners of dogs to keep them under restraint at all times.

It has happened many times by this type of dog or other types, but I have never seen any serious action by law against the owners of those "monsters", even though after killing some elderly or kids. 
How many more need to be killed to push the law to open eyes and see what's happening !!!!! ????????????

We have heard this before. ????????????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, but for some other reasons too.

I heard Charles Manson was very sociable too....

What an idiotic statement! We live in a country where they often show scant care of their pets, dumping them when they become too problematic. If these genes become more prominent in the soi dog population we are in for dangerous times.

I live in a quiet soi with 12 soi dogs and one owned dog running about 24 hours a day. Other than the 11.00pm howl and the occassional scuffle between themselves the dogs are harmless, most of them running away from humans, even those of us who see and feed them each day. In 3 years in Thailand the only time I have had problems with dogs they have been owned dogs. Bitten by a lab cross that got out of the gate to the property, attacked by a Rotti that jumped a garden wall to get at me and, most recently, attacked by a collie cross that lives in the next soi as I was cycling by. It is definitely an owner problem if these dogs attack. I have had, trained, and worked with many breeds and 9 times out of 10 it is how the owners train and treat the dogs that leads to them becoming aggressive. And as for the breed being dangerous, my ex wife had a Ppillon that attacked a copper in the UK. Hardly a dangerous breed but when she refused to walk or train it the dog became terrotorial and aggressive towards strangers. 

Start by licensing dogs and licensing breeders. Soi dog foundation and other charities to a good job of neutering soi dogs but dog owners should be made to do the same. If you are not a licensed dog breeder your dog doesn't need nuts!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

They can be very social animals if they have the right owner. You want to kill a breed because there are idiots who can't take care of them?

Yes! When a supposedly "social" Pit Bull Terrier attacks and kills its owner when they are sleeping in the same bed (no sarcastic comments, please!) and is then taken to the temple to apologise to the corpse, there is something very, very wrong!!! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Obviously they need to be banned. When they become soi dogs better people don't go out

This kind of dogs is just not a great toy or pet for stupid people.
Look at the owner then you know about the mental stage of a dog.

• Like 2

I remember the days when owners in the uk had to have a dog licence to keep their pet same thing should be done here and with a microchip so dogs can be easily traced back to the owner if and when it needs to be, theres no such thing as a bad dog but theres lots of bad owners and when it starts hitting the money in the owners pockets only then will they become good owners. As we all know money talks here and the only way things will change is with money, lots of talk but very little action until money is concerned

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dukeleto said:

Let’s face it, why else would you keep such a breed of dog?

I was talking to some Thai guy in a village the other week and he commented on my dog (see the photo) he said he had a dog also and I ask what breed. The guy literally said "oh you know the kind that's really big and likes to bite people".

This was an otherwise normal middle aged farmer but he thought this to be a totally reasonable thing to say. Shameless idiots.

• Like 2