US YouTuber My Mate Nate gets his girl after winning celebrity boxing bout

webfact

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Nate is an inspiration to those farang wanting to integrate into Thai society.

Conversely, he is hated by those not wanting to. 

Why would I want to integrate into Thai society? Seems to me the topics of conversation are money, food, and possessions.

• Love It 2

21 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How so?

I think most don't really know or care.  As far as I know, he's just a YouTuber who speaks Thai. ????‍♂️

And spent his early life in youtubing making fun of and belittling Thais.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For the vast majority of us Nate is irrelevant. 

So an American Mormon man boy who you don’t know who makes videos not intended for us has made a big youtube success in the Thai market.

So he has another boxing and marriage adventure that has nothing to do with you.

I don’t understand the point of relating to this story either positively or negatively.

Yes I have sampled him and found him rather a clown so I presumed there is a good market for Thai fluent f-rang clowns in Thailand.  I wouldn't begrudge him his success but nothing to do with me.

Leave him be unless you're a fan which is weird because you aren't in his intended audience which are Thai youth.

I do happen to be somewhat emotionally invested in a number of youtubers that I do follow.  Such as NFKRZ your friendly neighborhood Russian. I recently discovered Sanctioned Ivan a chubby young Russian draft dodger in Turkeye who drove in with a Cadillac Escalade ( his Freedom Car) who is having all kinds of often comical adventures and speaks fluent English in a hilarious style particularly his overuse of Flippin'.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

Nate the Nerd prolly banking a million baht per month via youtube and tiktok ad sense, that's not chopped liver ya know.

"nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American people"

( H L Mencken )

On 11/7/2022 at 5:38 PM, daveAustin said:

I can just picture the gnashing of boomer teeth when a young un does well here. ????

Well, you got a like from chief contrarian Neeranam, so you are obviously on the right track…

Whilst I am not a Boomer, I would say it rather depends how you define “doing well”. He is likely financially quite successful, if that is how you personally measure “doing well” but appears to essentially be the class clown at school, except he gets paid for acting an idiot.

We are living through this social media revolution in real time, there is the much supported perception (by who, I wonder..) that nearly anyone can become financially successful via social media, although of course, only a tiny minority do. Still, it keeps the “masses” encouraged that one day they can hit gold on Youtube, Tik Tok or Instagram, so its good for them to keep using these platforms and generate profits for the companies. 

Even for those that do achieve a level of success,  history has a track record of showing that quick and easy fame has a habit of chewing people up and spitting them out. I fully expect we will see plenty of “social media fame ruined my life” exposes in 10+ years when all these types of banal content creators realize they have sold their soul and credibility for the easy quick likes and bucks, and unless they have been careful, the money earned in their 20s has already disappeared. There will for sure be plenty of TikTok and OnlyFans content providers on that list…

And all this from the virtue signalling, climate emergency, social justice generation espousing “values” and “purpose” at any given opportunity …many have about as much substance and integrity as a chocolate teapot…

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, NickyLouie said:

Nate the Nerd prolly banking a million baht per month via youtube and tiktok ad sense, that's not chopped liver ya know.

Kind of the point I made in my post above -so that’s all well and good then, if he’s earning coin ?

I hope we can agree to look at more than someone’s bank balance to assess their value and contribution to society ?