600,000 baht for 12 months

georgegeorgia

35 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

If a single person's estimated monthly costs are 16,647 Baht, without rent, that means at least 50% of the Thai population can't afford to live in their own country! Those figures are for Westerners and are the product of western perceptions of how much westerners need to live in Thailand, maintaining a semblance of their Western standard of living.

Yes I agree for westerners. A daily budget of US$50 a day would do a couple basic. I could live on $A50 a day.

33 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

You can't have a holiday, but you can stay/survive. Tell be what sort of activity you can finance with 2000 THB after you've paid food and lodging. Especially in Thailand, in Ecuador maybe, as you can go hiking.

Beach free

Walking free

Massage 250 baht

Temples free

Krabi has 600 baht tours

Bangkok has 10 baht boats

What do you do on holiday?

Easy to have a holiday for 2000 to 2500 baht a day. If low season even easier.

Edited by Sparktrader

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As per the (stock) photo I posted above:  36C

Unfortunately, if we add 2 degrees C, which now seems almost inevitable, then you will not be able to enjoy your 36Cs for very much longer.

Therefore, gather ye rosebuds while ye may...

image.jpeg.5780aad2f47861e5a8d63b87338dcf82.jpeg

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Unfortunately, if we add 2 degrees C, which now seems almost inevitable, then you will not be able to enjoy your 36Cs for very much longer.

And how many centuries is that going to take.  Best guess right now is 1/2 to 1 degree the next 100 yrs.

And no agreed consensus, that I'm aware of, that proves its MMCG/GW.  Along with the next 100 yrs to figure it out & solve it, if it becomes a reality.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

personally wouldn't try and have a holiday here on 2,000 baht a day but I'm older  now and am used to a good standard of living

I spent more 15 years ago. Im happy now to do less and spend less. I dont see much difference between a 300 baht meal and 80 baht. A 2000 baht room isnt much better than a 700 baht room.

Phuket and Samui have 3000 baht boat trips but you wouldnt do more than 1. 

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And how many centuries is that going to take.  Best guess right now is 1/2 to 1 degree the next 100 yrs.

And no agreed consensus, that I'm aware of, that proves its MMCG/GW.  Along with the next 100 yrs to figure it out & solve it, if it becomes a reality.

Given the UN daily living cost estimates are so bad would you believe any of their numbers? UN says it costs US$218 a day to live in Hua Hin. The real number is more like US$50. Yesterday we spent 1700 baht.

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

You can certainly count on 3 degrees C of global warming by 2100, if you are lucky. 

It's not a guess. 

Rather, it's a trend. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, itsari said:

I live for far less than 600,000 baht . Well under 200,000 baht . I have 600,000 baht in pension income plus i have income from rent . The property is unincumbered . Rental income covers all electricity and any improvements . 

How is that possible?

Obviously no rent ,but don't you have utility bills ?

Do you live in isaaan?

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

How is that possible?

Do you live in isaaan?

Me and my wife can if we need to live fine with food and monthly expenses for 15-20k on our farm except insurance for me and wehicles. It even cover a meal or two outside with drinks, and some cheese and youghurt as well a lamb leg at makro. Not really a bad life and as long you have something to wake up to, and also things you have to do, it can be a good life, as long you know you don't have to live like this 24/7, but you do it because you can.

Those who state living cheap is not living, they really do not know hard earnest work and lifestyle.

It feels good to disconnect once and awhile, and everyone should try it at least once. Life quality is not always about how much you spend a month to make an illusion about good life. But I do not expect everyone to understand what I mean, because so many have never experienced real life, growing and collecting food for their own needs.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

How is that possible?

Do you live in isaaan?

20 minutes from Chiang Mai.

The house has 5 short term rentals .

All utilities are paid from the rental income .

Slowly building a 6th unit for rent.

Rental income is a good hedge against a stronger baht.

IMG_20220916_111838.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

But I do not expect everyone to understand what I mean, because so many have never experienced real life, growing and collecting food for their own needs.

So if you haven't ever grown and collected food for your own needs, you have never experienced real life.

Thanks.

• Haha 1

My rent is 20K and we eat out a lot in decent places. Plus health insurance. Plus Ganga

Call it 80-90K a month, living large, excluding travel.

But back in the US, 70K was just for our health insurance and basic on-going medical bills.

20 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

You can't have a holiday, but you can stay/survive. Tell be what sort of activity you can finance with 2000 THB after you've paid food and lodging. Especially in Thailand, in Ecuador maybe, as you can go hiking.

Walking costs nothing and is very enjoyable. I loved walking in Thailand, though it was something I tried to do before it got too hot.

A good walk would be for 3 or 4 hours.

22 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

UN says it costs US$218 a day to live in Hua Hin

UN doesn't "say" that. UN pays this allowance to any staff member travelling on assignment to Hua Hin  [for instance]. Believe me we didn't feel it was much. 

I still use this number when planning holidays, but just as a minimum while I know for sure it is gonna end up 50% to 100% more. And getting worse fast; this march I could still afford a two bedroom suite at Chatrium Riverside, now? just forget it.

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

UN doesn't "say" that. UN pays this allowance to any staff member travelling on assignment to Hua Hin  [for instance]. Believe me we didn't feel it was much. 

I still use this number when planning holidays, but just as a minimum while I know for sure it is gonna end up 50% to 100% more. And getting worse fast; this march I could still afford a two bedroom suite at Chatrium Riverside, now? just forget it.

So the figures are for 2 bedroom upmarket units? Useless figures. Monthly rent here is 6500 baht.

9 hours ago, LaosLover said:

My rent is 20K and we eat out a lot in decent places. Plus health insurance. Plus Ganga

Call it 80-90K a month, living large, excluding travel.

But back in the US, 70K was just for our health insurance and basic on-going medical bills.

You eat well stay well. 

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Walking costs nothing and is very enjoyable. I loved walking in Thailand, though it was something I tried to do before it got too hot.

A good walk would be for 3 or 4 hours.

Walking free

Temples free

People watching free

Talking free

15 baht songthaew

1 hour ago, Boomer6969 said:

doesn't "say" that. UN pays this allowance to any staff member travelling on assignment to Hua Hin  [for instance]. Believe me we didn't feel it was much. 

UN budget up 50x after inflation adjustment. On on the gravy train. So much waste. Criminal. 

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

UN budget up 50x after inflation adjustment. On on the gravy train. So much waste. Criminal. 

A little bit but obviously staff need to be in a good hotel with professional facilities, central with good communication, and decent security. If you are there for work you don't expect to be in a 500 baht room out of town. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

A little bit but obviously staff need to be in a good hotel with professional facilities, central with good communication, and decent security. If you are there for work you don't expect to be in a 500 baht room out of town. 

500 baht rooms are in town. Why does staff need a 6000 baht room? Just pure waste.