Has the world gone woke or mad

georgegeorgia

On 11/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, mikebike said:

Define "woke" for us all. So many peeps use it in different ways, it is difficult to comment without a mutually agreed upon definition.

The meaning of WOKE is aware of and actively attentive to important societal facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice). - Merriam-Webster-Webster Dictionary

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:36 PM, Lacessit said:

I seem to be reading different news, according to the media I get Trump-backed Republicans are winning in the mid-terms. Which tilts the balance, for me at least, towards mad.

Good you read disinformation as the truth is his 300 recommendations did the worst of the entire election 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/election-deniers-lose-key-races-in-rust-belt-but-are-still-in-contention-out-west-200211011.html

38 minutes ago, UbonEagle said:

I’m afraid the internet has created a whole new sub class of $&@wits

and from the original posts comments about young tough looking tattooed guys I work with plenty of them and believe me most of them have probably never even had a proper fistfight 

Absolutely right ????????

1 minute ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Good you read disinformation as the truth is his 300 recommendations did the worst of the entire election 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/election-deniers-lose-key-races-in-rust-belt-but-are-still-in-contention-out-west-200211011.html

I don't think I was reading disinformation, just predictions of pollsters that did not come true.

Not the first time they have wound up with egg on their face.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keep Right said:

Americans are certainly both Woke and Mad. Look no farther than Pennsylvania where a hooded hunchback is elected to be their senator. "Hello, and good Night everyone."  You cannot make this stuff up. The Khon Sei Dom vote 99% Woke because they get more free stuff. I am so glad I do not live amongst them.

Yes I couldn't work that one out ????

He campaigned to release prisoners and give them counselling instead and they all voted for him yet they complain of crime in the community ????????

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't think I was reading disinformation, just predictions of pollsters that did not come true.

Not the first time they have wound up with egg on their face.

The media people who were expecting that. Came to work being prepared for that reality amused me. They held back waiting for their dispare that never did come

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You only see what those who run the world want you to see.

You only feel what those who run the world want you to feel.

The globalists want rid of Putin, and what you are shown will be to that end..

Yes we all want to worship our globalism and see Putin's demise continue

America is just crazy, I read about those areas where they just raid stores on a daily basis, as you won't be arrested for anything under 700-900 dollars per time. And even when you are arrested, it now is a minor thing and if the police cell is too full, they release you, which happens all the time now as everyone does this. After release they can't re-arrest or prosecute you either.

One would almost think to book a flight there and earn 100K in 30 days, doing 3 stores per day. They basically have facebook groups and just go together with 20-50 people at once, so nobody is ever arrested at all.

If i were those owners I made a armored warehouse, display only 1 item of each product behind plexiglass, and people can get the real item after they paid.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:13 PM, mikebike said:

Define "woke" for us all. So many peeps use it in different ways, it is difficult to comment without a mutually agreed upon definition.

Weak, hypocritical, lacking true life experience but wanting to stay relevant.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:00 PM, Lacessit said:

He's a guy who has polarized America like no other President before him. Played golf while a pandemic raged through the USA, so he could invoice the taxpayer for billeting his Secret Service on his properties. Crooked as a three dollar bill, one gets dizzy reading the number of investigations that are ongoing. Including the small matter of fomenting an insurrection because he did not like being beaten by 7 million votes. Would probably gut Ukraine if he got back in, wants to be like Putin.

Who wouldn't rant? IMO anyone who still supports him, or even more ridiculously gives to his campaign fund, is as mad as a cut snake. Or has the IQ of an amoeba.

How much have you contributed?

By definition, politics is based on polarities. So yes, he was on one side of the spectrum. As extreme as any president ever was, no contest there.

I am not from America, so I am not fully knowledgeable about it all.

But then, what is your take on Biden and Kamala Harris, who I am looking at, by definition, from a distance, but still give me an impression of being just different kind of crazies...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andre0720 said:

By definition, politics is based on polarities. So yes, he was on one side of the spectrum. As extreme as any president ever was, no contest there.

I am not from America, so I am not fully knowledgeable about it all.

But then, what is your take on Biden and Kamala Harris, who I am looking at, by definition, from a distance, but still give me an impression of being just different kind of crazies...

All three of them should never even have been considered for high office, especially Trump, his rise is just unexplainable. It is unfortunate that this seems the best that America can do. Obama was the last decent president since Kennedy. They seem to pull them from the psychiatric or geriatric wards these days.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errrr, given I don't believe we have democracies, how can I "lean away" from them.

As for Putin, I don't live in Russia and he's not causing me any problems. I do worry about Xi and China. If I was inclined to criticise bad dictatorial politicians the world is full of them, so where to begin?

As for NZ, it's significantly less "free" now than when I was a child. Ask a farmer for proof of that.

As politics isn't permitted on this sub forum I regret I can't expand on any of that as it would be pure politics to do so.

"Errrr, given I don't believe we have democracies, how can I "lean away" from them. "

Elections is all about democracy.

We vote, we are in a democracy.

We elect a leader, every 4 years or so.

Then this leader will do goddam well what he wants to do in the following 4 years.

And id you are not happy with that, you can vote next time with someone wanting to be a leader, with with opposing views of the world.

And this fellow will then do whatever he....

Oh well, you get the picture...

2 hours ago, jdlancaster said:

It's mostly word salad... but... based on Post Marxist Critical Theory https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/00131857.2021.1876669

"We define wokeness as critical consciousness to intersecting systems of oppression" (See Intersectionality. Kimberle Crenshaw, etc.) https://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/EJ1135942.pdf

It focuses on dismantling systems (revolution). They believe it is better to focus on destroying/changing the system than help those in need:

"Critical action can be understood as a form of civic engagement, but maintains a narrower focus on challenging oppression and is less concerned with traditional political participation or general community well-being (e.g., community cleanup). Critical action aims to dismantle oppressive social systems, distinct from civic and political behaviors that support established social programs, volunteerism, and service (Westheimer & Kahne, 2004). Furthermore, critical action within the framework of critical consciousness emphasizes critical analysis of social structures, while civic engagement does not necessarily consider analyzing systems of oppression (Shaw, Brady, McGrath, Brennan, & Dolan, 2014). For example, rather than involving volunteering at a soup kitchen, critical action would entail collective mobilization to change housing policies that lead to homelessness, or advocating, protesting, or demonstrating for social justice for marginalized communities, such as LGBTQ people or women (Diemer et al., 2020). This focused conception of critical action as combatting systems of oppression is consistent with the root of critical consciousness theory: the liberation of all people (Freire, 1970)." https://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstream/handle/2027.42/166387/cdep12393_am.pdf?sequence=2

The idea is to have a revolution in order to destroy/change the current systems (Praxis). 

"This is consistent with Freirian pedagogy, in that social action should naturally loop back to analysis and dialogue such that reflection and social action merge to form praxis, the foundation for revolution." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5892452/

In Freire's Critical Pedagogy of which Critical Consciousness is derived: "Freire treats consciousness in much the same manner as Hegel and Marx". 

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307623266_The_Critical_Epistemology_of_Paulo_Freire

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/298704499_Critical_pedagogy_and_marx_vygotsky_and_freire_Phenomenal_forms_and_educational_action_research

I can explain it way easier

propaganda mind.jpg

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Biden comes across to me as a decent person. Trump surrounded himself with people who told him what he wanted to hear, and stroked his ego. Biden has had the sense to recruit competent people to the various portfolios. AFAIK there are none of the ructions that went on with the Trump lieutenants.

As for Harris, she is the bane of every insecure male - a smart and savvy woman.

Hence, the polarity....

A left wing individual will find K. Harris competent.

A right wing individual will definitely find her crazy.

A left wing individual will find Biden able to find people to compensate for his ineptitude.

A right wing individual will see the that Biden does not play with a full deck.

Are the borders under control?

The answers are shameful...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

"Errrr, given I don't believe we have democracies, how can I "lean away" from them. "

Elections is all about democracy.

We vote, we are in a democracy.

We elect a leader, every 4 years or so.

Then this leader will do goddam well what he wants to do in the following 4 years.

And id you are not happy with that, you can vote next time with someone wanting to be a leader, with with opposing views of the world.

And this fellow will then do whatever he....

Oh well, you get the picture...

As Twain once said, "If voting made a difference they wouldn't let us do it"

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 3:24 PM, KannikaP said:

No, their pounds, ounces and gallons or NOT Imperial, they are US (eless) !

And even the the US cant get it right US gallon different to the imperial gallon? And why give weights of object in thousands of pounds what is wrong with Tons?

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, kennw said:

And even the the US cant get it right US gallon different to the imperial gallon? And why give weights of object in thousands of pounds what is wrong with Tons?

A ton is 2240 pounds, there are short tons and long tons just to add more confusion. A TONNE is 1000 kilograms.

I can remember wondering how America got to the moon without going metric.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Hence, the polarity....

A left wing individual will find K. Harris competent.

A right wing individual will definitely find her crazy.

A left wing individual will find Biden able to find people to compensate for his ineptitude.

A right wing individual will see the that Biden does not play with a full deck.

The answers are shameful...

Biden is decent but has dementia. Harris is nuts. Biden is a C grade version of Obama, just more old.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes I couldn't work that one out ????

He campaigned to release prisoners and give them counselling instead and they all voted for him yet they complain of crime in the community ????????

"He campaigned to release prisoners and give them counselling instead...."

Really? He campaigned on releasing all prisoners and give them counselling instead??

"...they all voted for him..."

No, they did not, see attachment.

"......yet they complain of crime in the community."

Links?

You know, if I wasn't such a polite person I would say you're talking rubbish.

Capture.JPG

• Haha 1