More than 57,000 passengers arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

Glad I slipped in in early September, hardly any lines then.  A couple of us used the Thai line as we had e-visas and Thai wives in tow.  Less than 5 minutes. 

Came in to Don Mueang from Vietnam on 30 Oct without a visa and it only took about 10 minutes or so.

Got back to the U.S. Nov 6 at Dulles airport (D.C.).  Took two hours to go through the line for US passport holders/permanent residents. There were a couple hundred of us on a flight and they had one immigration officer!

Glad I came in today, no lines at all. Just like when I came in last month, and also a couple of weeks before that. These monster lines are not normal at all and tend to happen only when there are flight schedule delays meaning a bunch of arriving aircraft get bunched up and dock at the same time.  Even so that snake line in the picture is not horrendous and should move fairly well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Glad I slipped in in early September, hardly any lines then.  A couple of us used the Thai line as we had e-visas and Thai wives in tow.  Less than 5 minutes. 

Came in to Don Mueang from Vietnam on 30 Oct without a visa and it only took about 10 minutes or so.

Got back to the U.S. Nov 6 at Dulles airport (D.C.).  Took two hours to go through the line for US passport holders/permanent residents. There were a couple hundred of us on a flight and they had one immigration officer!

With an e-visa we can use th Thai line?

And these avarage numbers seem to bring the airport at its limit?

Or why are domestic(!) flights delayed up to more than two hours!

Is it just the incompetence of this Thai* airline serving from Suvarnabhumi? ????

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

57,000 arrivals on 25 flights. That's 2,280 per flight. Must be using TAT's calculator.

More plausible:

"During this time there are up to 3,000 passengers arriving at the airport per hour. "

More like 25 flights in an hour?

• Like 2

Surprising there are such large numbers of arrivals. November is normally the quiet month. Being between October half term school holidays and the Christmas holidays.

There must be a lot of  pent up demand for travel. Or perhaps a lot more Russians escaping  Putin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Immigration Bureau Spokeman Major Geneneral Choengron Rimphadee confirmed yesterday (November 10th) that there were about 25 international flights arriving at the Suvarnabhumi Airport with about 57,000 passengers. Of those 49,000 were foreigners.

Where did they get their calculators from, "Kindergarten Children"? If you have (about) 25 flights at 57,000, that equates to 2,280 passengers per flight. OMG, those must be huge airplanes to carry all those passengers. Who makes up this <deleted>?  Did they forget to count some planes?  55555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, bstafford214 said:

who makes up this <deleted>?  Did they forget to count some planes?  55555

Don't you think this obvious error hasn't been discussed enough?

Who made up?

Ever thought about Thai news writers and their problem with numbers/magnitudes etc.? Little translation hickup?

Oil trucks with thousands of tons and the like?

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

It's always someone else's fault!

I hope all expats in LOS made the most of the absence of the hordes while it lasted.

It was a fine affair, but now it's over
And though I used to care, I need the open air

With the poor state of the roads around Pattaya town, and hotels that still refuse to open their coffee shops.... I hope Thailand can at least accommodate them all.

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I hope you complained about the lack of staffing at Dulles. It's gotten ridiculous this past year. 

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

More plausible:

"During this time there are up to 3,000 passengers arriving at the airport per hour. "

More like 25 flights in an hour?

Let's say the average flight brought 250 arrivals. It would take 228 flights to reach 57,000 arrivals. That's fewer than ten per hour, so it is certainly doable.

Someone was mis-quoted or something was misunderstood when the article was written.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Must have been Big Planes.    

Antonov An-225 Mriya

download.jpeg

There was only one and that was destroyed near Kyiv. But - Antonov promised to rebuild the plane as they have an unfinished fuselage for the second plane that was never completed, and salvaged some parts from the destroyed one. It'll take several years after end of war in Ukraine before you see Mriya take to the skies again.

PS: There's very few people in this cargo plane. Just a few crew.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Usa return. Download "airside mobile visa" separate line, few users normally. Free, easy to use! Last few times at lax or sfo 5 minutes from plane to baggage claim!

• Thanks 1