Fine for No Driving License

Joeski

1 minute ago, DrPhibes said:

The embassy's caution that your need a valid license from your home country and an International Driving Permit (or License depending on which country is your home).  Driving on just your home country license even as a short time tourist is not allowed.

Yes it is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

According to the UN Traffic Act of 1949 and the Thai Traffic Act of 1979, an IDP is not required if you are a tourist/visitor in Thailand as long as your license is in English, has a photo, and your country is a contracting state of the 1949 treaty, which most are.

Well someone better set the embassies straight.  This right off the British Thai Embassy:

"If you would like to drive, either vehicle or motorcycle, while visiting Thailand, you are required by law to hold an international driving license. When asked for, you need to show your international driving license along with your passport and national driving license."

Good to know, just need the above statement in Thai and be on the embassy website in the area where you get your Visa and such. 

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

I got a no helmet ticket in Ban Chang, I tried to pay the cop and he laughed and refused. 500thb

I believe officially its 400 baht for no helmet,unless its increased very recently. maybe you should have offered 1000 baht?????