Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

1 minute ago, kwilco said:

Brexit was brought about by the same kind of thinking that brought Trump about.

Probably the most embarrassing bunder in British history it was a fatal mix of stupidity and nationalism – and we all know where nationalism leads.

Everything that Remainers said would happen has.

The problem with the UK at the present is that everything that is affecting other nations is affecting the UK between 4 and 10% worse.

This is made even more devastating because the current c=government is a bunch of second-rate politicians elected on a single issue – Brexit – they have no skills to run a country on the general issues that are needed to run a country they are swamped by dogma – to the point they elected a series of PMs who weren’t up to the job.

The first tried to mitigate the damage, the second tried to lie about it the third but UK on the edge of collapse and now the current PM is being told what to do by the Monday club and Tory men in grey suits in a vain effort to try and restore the UK’s reputation.

The fact is that the UK is now looked at quizzically by other countries and is outside the political arena in which it used to be an influential leader.

There have been blunders in the past, the South Sea Bubble, the British Expeditionary force, Suez but Brexit dwarfs them all it can only be compared with the loss of the American colonies – and even then, we didn’t lose the whole lot.

This too will pass, and all will be well with Britain, or it won't, but all the moaning in the world will not change what will be an iota.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

Wasn’t meant to be ‘funny’. I have friends who are British, but unlike you most if them have a sense of humor. Shall I send you happy wishes next 4th of July?

Oh ,it was a serious post .

The British Empire is  a thing that is in the past and British people no longer want any colonies , the U.K are still in the commonwealth , which form colonies also belong to  , but the UK doesn't want to go back to colonisation 

7 minutes ago, chang50 said:

For some reason the brexiteers are unable or unwilling to accept the scale of the damage they have inflicted on the UK.I clearly remember going to bed on the eve of the brexit vote in 2016 when the baht was 51 to the pound and waking up a few hours later to find it was 45 when the dust settled.I could have cried.

The Pound /Baht exchange rate is irrelevant to British people living in the UK

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

Nonsense. So long as the UK had its own currency, it couldn't be incorporated into a one nation EU. And if the unlikely day would come when the EU made such a demand, then the UK would be perfectly free to leave.

The currency would gave gone too - it's the only way the proposal can work - we left while there was still an option to do so. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kwilco said:

Brexit was brought about by the same kind of thinking that brought Trump about.

Probably the most embarrassing blunder in British history it was a fatal mix of lemming-like stupidity and nationalism – and we all know where both those traits lead.

Everything that Remainers said would happen has happened....

The problem with the UK at the present is that everything that is affecting other nations is affecting the UK between 4 and 10% worse.

This is made even more devastating because the current government is a bunch of second-rate politicians elected on a single issue – Brexit – they have no skills to run a country on the general issues that are needed to run a country, they are swamped by dogma – to the point they elected a series of PMs who weren’t up to the job.

The first tried to mitigate the damage got sacked, the second tried to lie about it, got sacked, the third put UK on the edge of collapse, got sacked and now the current PM is being told what to do by the Monday club and Tory men in grey suits in a vain effort to try and restore the UK’s reputation before the next election.

The fact is that the UK is now looked at quizzically by other countries and is outside the political arena in which it used to be an influential leader. The only nation in the G7 in recession.

There have been blunders in the past, the South Sea Bubble, the British Expeditionary force, and Suez but Brexit dwarfs them all; it can only be compared with the loss of the American colonies – and even then, we didn’t lose the whole lot.

Trump is everywhere it seems. Your type of nonsense is so obvious it's unlikely to spread far, thankfully. 

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I'm always slightly befuddled by your questions as they always appear to have no connection to what has been said. Instead they just reveal your simplistic attitudes to race or life in general.

If you would had followed the thread you would have seen that that subject was what was being discussed .

As you didnt read the previous posts , I will give you a quick highlight .

I was called a Xenophobic because I thought Foreigners should get visas to enter Countries , I replied to that and then you replied to my reply and I then replied to you asking you the same question .

Could you scroll back two pages and get up to date with the flow of the discussion ? thanks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I think you failed O level economics amongst many other subjects....... do you really think it works like that? Would you like to try giving a more der=tailed reasoning? I didn't think you would or could.

If the UK Pound is weak , that means the U.K becomes cheaper for tourists and it will encourage tourist to visit the UK , in the same way that you go to Thailand because its cheap and the UK is too expensive to live in for you

• Thanks 1

On 11/12/2022 at 3:32 AM, BritManToo said:

All the western countries appear to be having the same problems as far as I can see.

Go woke, go broke!

Shut your countries for 2 years because of COVID ....... check.

Force your country to use 'green' energy ........ check.

Allow unrestricted illegal immigration ......... check.

Move all manufacturing to the 3rd world ......... check.

Have interest rates lower than inflation ......... check.

Only offer unsuitable candidates for election ....... check.

Bellyaching while helping kick the can down the road ....... check.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

What's the "acceptable range"? A person more learned in all things forex once told me that of the world's 'major' currencies, historically, the pound sterling has been the most volatile. The highs and lows aren't persistent. In all my years of working around the world and getting paid in US$ while living and banking mostly in the UK, the 'roundabouts and swings' experience hasn't been too arduous or detrimental. You can't be a winner all the time.

It's just a matter of swings? Highs and lows? There is no trend at all apparent to you?