Well known pub in south shut for five years on orders of the governor

webfact

4 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

That's extremely harsh. One wonders if there's some background story with this pub. The 19 year old could have been just a few days under 20yrs. Do Thai bars serving Thai patrons ever check ages? I've been asked for ID entering a club in Bangkok just once but that could not have been to check my age. Maybe they have an upper limit ????

Go to Thai countryside and you'll find that many venues serve anybody regardless of their age. 

In karaoke bars you'll find underage "servers" who are "happy" to sit with patrons and even will go to short-stay rooms with them.  

42 minutes ago, garrya said:

Go to Thai countryside and you'll find that many venues serve anybody regardless of their age. 

In karaoke bars you'll find underage "servers" who are "happy" to sit with patrons and even will go to short-stay rooms with them.  

There are karaoke bars in the countryside?  Are you sure?   I never get outside the cities.    
    Why would anyone have a karaoke bar out in the countryside? 
 Not enough customers out in the countryside. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catoni said:

There are karaoke bars in the countryside?  Are you sure?   I never get outside the cities.    

Lol. You know nothing about Thailand 

On 11/18/2022 at 3:54 PM, Catoni said:

My Mrs was told by her friend that a new karaoke bar had opened. The three of us went to try it out. Extremely difficult to find in an uninhabited part of our small town located inside an industrial unit. There were two bar girls and a bar manager. Karaoke, drinks and food were OK but my Mrs said "we're not going there again". One week later the place was raided, a seventeen year old bar girl, the manager and a Japanese businessman were arrested.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

My Mrs was told by her friend that a new karaoke bar had opened. The three of us went to try it out. Extremely difficult to find in an uninhabited part of our small town located inside an industrial unit. There were two bar girls and a bar manager. Karaoke, drinks and food were OK but my Mrs said "we're not going there again". One week later the place was raided, a seventeen year old bar girl, the manager and a Japanese businessman were arrested.

Why were thy arrested?

22 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Why were thy arrested?

17 year old bar girl, underage for being in licensed premises, working in licensed premises and offering personal services. The manager for employing her. The Japanese businessman who knows, maybe he was doing something naughty at the time of the raid?  

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 3:12 PM, garrya said:

Tell me your Garry Glitter. Without telling me your Gary Glitter.

Edited by Simple Jack
More info

11 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

17 year old bar girl, underage for being in licensed premises, working in licensed premises and offering personal services. The manager for employing her. The Japanese businessman who knows, maybe he was doing something naughty at the time of the raid?  

Where did you come up with all that unreported information?    It certainly was in the OP here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Where did you come up with all that unreported information?    It certainly was in the OP here.

Just by chance. Think it was some on-line local newspaper. But never saw the outcome. Probably there wasn't one.  Wasn't referring to the Comeback Pub (OP in Trang). 

12 hours ago, Simple Jack said:

Tell me your Garry Glitter. Without telling me your Gary Glitter.

Lol. Am I Garry Glitter because I go to bars? 

Nope, I'm not a paedophile for sure.

The fact are facts. We can't change em 

On 11/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, garrya said:

Lol. You know nothing about Thailand 

Spent more than four months there. In cities, and in the the north west mountains.  Lots of karaoke bars in the cities.  But there were no Karaoke bars far back in the mountains in tribe villages….like the Lisu villages.   I might not know everything about Thailand.  I suspect you don’t know everything about Thailand also. 5555 

Namo Buddhaya ???????? ☸️