Police raid more Pattaya venues.

Social Media

Which Police are 'region 2' then?

Looks like it is the big nightclubs getting bothered, which will be full of Thais rather than tourists.. many have had a few days off work and they can't move around Bangkok as the roads are closed for APEC summit.

Have a few at my house now!

17 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Video should be part of TaT promotion activities, so people know what to expect.

Mass ATK tests. Oh no. Reminds me of the darkest times.

Spending a billion+ Baht for the corrupt world cup and then make sure businesses can not make a profit from it.

Just trying to return Pattaya to a Family Friendly destination, I mean isn't that what they claim it is?. I avoid the entire area if possible, we only drive over the Nong Nooch or down to the water park.....more power to those who enjoy the entertainment zones, just not my cup of tea...

11 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Correct, when the Chinese come back, the police will have their hands full with illegal gamblers, its bad enough now if you have been following the news?

Yes indeed. Chinese triads have been busy in Bangkok during lockdown, as evidenced by recent news. I imagine in Pattaya also. But headlines that read, Police raid Pattaya bars to root out triad ownership will hardly go down well with general public.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Yes indeed. Chinese triads have been busy in Bangkok during lockdown, as evidenced by recent news. I imagine in Pattaya also. But headlines that read, Police raid Pattaya bars to root out triad ownership will hardly go down well with general public.

I patronise several bars, restraunt clubs in Pattaya area. Pretty sure Chinese triads dont own any! 

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just trying to return Pattaya to a Family Friendly destination, I mean isn't that what they claim it is?. I avoid the entire area if possible, we only drive over the Nong Nooch or down to the water park.....more power to those who enjoy the entertainment zones, just not my cup of tea...

Returning Pattaya to a Family friendly destination? I can't remember when it was one. And I also see how many new red light areas were build during the recent years. Central Pattaya for instance is no place anymore where I would stay as tourist with a family. You can't even walk on the Beach Road at night time because it is full of "entertainers". And not to mention all the other places like Walking Street, Soi 6, LK Metro, Tree Town, Soi Buakhao and countless others. Especially during the past months very many new (sex) bars opened. Must be a good business!? 

27 minutes ago, Olmate said:

I patronise several bars, restraunt clubs in Pattaya area. Pretty sure Chinese triads dont own any! 

Most westerners can't tell the difference between several Asian nationalities, anyway, I seriously doubt that foreign owned/operated venues would have Chinese staff on duty.

6 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Returning Pattaya to a Family friendly destination? I can't remember when it was one. And I also see how many new red light areas were build during the recent years. Central Pattaya for instance is no place anymore where I would stay as tourist with a family. You can't even walk on the Beach Road at night time because it is full of "entertainers". And not to mention all the other places like Walking Street, Soi 6, LK Metro, Tree Town, Soi Buakhao and countless others. Especially during the past months very many new (sex) bars opened. Must be a good business!? 

Sarcasm in my post was based upon this Government stating that Pattaya is a Family friendly destination. 

23 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

Most westerners can't tell the difference between several Asian nationalities, anyway, I seriously doubt that foreign owned/operated venues would have Chinese staff on duty.

Can u think of any venue in this area that us memberswould patronise that such group would have control of.? 

19 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Exactly....actually the amount of Chinese (and Russian) money in Pattaya businesses, housing, Condos etc is huge.

business.. housing.. condos etc. Not the topic much.! 

22 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

If I had to guess, based on the anecdotal things I saw last week, I'd very much agree. 

Guess.  anecdotal?