Lady Susan Hussey quits over remarks to charity boss Ngozi Fulani

Scott

40 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

So the term 'causing offense', by this definition, does not address if it is good or bad but talks only of the state of mind of the offended. Therefore causing offense can be a good thing. Communicating truth. Helpful and can have a good and positive outcome.

I think I covered that by saying that not all offense is legitimate? I think you're discussing criticism here, not offense at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pla Simon said:

Poor Lady Susan Hussey.

Unfortunate.

If only her advisers had kept her abreast of the evolving maleable precepts of social constructivism, and the resultant cognitive artefacts thereof.

If only she had worried about her pronouns, taken the deferential knee and apologised - offering restitution for her white privilege, before heartfelt discourse on whether or not women can have a penis, this whole subjective parlance faux pas and resultant travesty could have been avoided entirely...

If only she had a sense of decency and hadn't been treated with deference all her life.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Poor Lady Susan Hussey.

Unfortunate.

If only her advisers had kept her abreast of the evolving maleable precepts of social constructivism, and the resultant cognitive artefacts thereof.

If only she had worried about her pronouns, taken the deferential knee and apologised - offering restitution for her white privilege, before heartfelt discourse on whether or not women can have a penis, this whole subjective parlance faux pas and resultant travesty could have been avoided entirely...

No, if only she had accepted the fact the charity worker was British when she was told this was the case. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well, she was wearing African attire, with an African name (changed from her original British name), representing a charity that supports black women of African heritage.   She wasn't 'presenting' as a British person was she?  She was clearly presenting as someone that has a different heritage, which encouraged the exact question she was asked and then she pretended to be offended by it and garnered the attention she sought as the race baiter she is.   

This is all just a stupid game, played and encouraged by stupid people, which will probably end when white people (falsely) accused of racism simply start 'identifying' as black so they are granted immunity from being called a racist.   

This is a puerile argument. Apart from being free to wear whatever she wanted, she was there in her official capacity and her choice of clothing reflected that capacity. Find some milk to cry in.

• Like 1

Mandu Reid, the leader of the Women’s Equality party, was also at the reception and witnessed the remarks. In a piece for the Guardian she said the palace had only responded over the incident as it took place publicly and contrasted it with the lack of action following the Duchess of Sussex’s claims of royal racism. She also said that royal institutions should sign up to cultural competence training run by Sistah Space.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/dec/01/buckingham-palace-encounter-with-susan-hussey-like-an-interrogation-says-charity-boss

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, James105 said:

Well, she was wearing African attire, with an African name (changed from her original British name), representing a charity that supports black women of African heritage.   She wasn't 'presenting' as a British person was she?  She was clearly presenting as someone that has a different heritage, which encouraged the exact question she was asked and then she pretended to be offended by it and garnered the attention she sought as the race baiter she is.   

This is all just a stupid game, played and encouraged by stupid people, which will probably end when white people (falsely) accused of racism simply start 'identifying' as black so they are granted immunity from being called a racist.   

The charity worker told her she was British, that should have been the end of it.

However hussey then asked ''where are you really from''. That was racism in action.

How someone dresses is no-ones business but their own, Britain is a multi cultural society so there are going to be many British people who dress in different ways. They are still British and no-one has the right to deny them this status.

How someone is named is nobodies business.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Late Queen's lady-in-waiting Lady Susan Hussey offers to meet black campaigner in racism row to apologise directly for asking her at Palace reception: 'What part of Africa are you from?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11492013/Late-Queens-lady-waiting-Lady-Susan-Hussey-offers-meet-black-campaigner-racism-row.html

Kudos to her for offering to do so.

I hope the charity worker is willing to accept this attempt at reconciliation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

If only she had a sense of decency and hadn't been treated with deference all her life.

Have you met or had any interactions with the Lady personally, or purport to know anything about her history ?

Were you there, personally ?

Quoting the guardian and bbc - really ?

Have you heard of irony ? 

Ozi or Oxy ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Have you met or had any interactions with the Lady personally, or purport to know anything about her history ?

Were you there, personally ?

Quoting the guardian and bbc - really ?

Have you heard of irony ? 

Ozi or Oxy ?

She was only pretending to be racist but in real life actually is a nice person? 

What irony? Please use the dictionary to avoid word salad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pla Simon said:

Poor Lady Susan Hussey.

Unfortunate.

Perhaps this advice was given?

In her defence, maybe she didn't understand it.

19 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

So if I say you look great today and you find it offensive, then I was being offensive?

Get a grip of yourself. Seriously, have a sit down for 5 minutes. I'm starting to think this is a troll account.

He might think you're being sarcastic ! 

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

She was only pretending to be racist but in real life actually is a nice person? 

What irony? Please use the dictionary to avoid word salad.

Ok, this confirms everything I need to know.

I asked for binary.

Here's a word salad for you.

I took the liberty of reading this whole thread before I commented, and your repetitive, low syllable, non sequitur absolutist beats of castigation, certainly want for inspiration.

So, to avoid dull protraction with autocratic protagonists, agenda based group identity politicos or supercillious posturers, feigning pseudo moralistic outrage, I will leave you with this.

As I alluded to - to repudiate the generational dichotomy of cognitive artefacts, is to lead you blindly, to your own day of judgement.

Basic social propriety ?  Always.

Nobilty, grace and taste are not to be bought or found on google - to believe an 83 Year old Lady of considerable social status would be consciously using racial ephitets in any context, is a fallacy.

Contrived proposition of lunacy.

As for irony - some of the vulgar, vindictive posts screaming about entitlement and privilige is a dark contradiction, to say the least.

I would rather reek of anything other than rancid bigotry, bitter scorn and smouldering resentment.

Take people as you, yourself find them.

Good day to the honourable and noble.

Good day to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

She was the Queen's consort for 60 years and still helps in Royal circles. she’s not just some random 83 year old that doesn’t know any better. 
As I’ve said, she may not have thought she was being racist BUT it was an incredibly clumsy conversation from someone who should really know better. 
And obviously both she and the palace agree since she has now resigned. 

Oh dear. I thought I was pointing out that people's minds when old are not the same as when young.

I'm sure that 30 years ago she may have been more cautious in her questioning, but we are not talking about 30 years ago.

I'd say she absolutely didn't think she was being racist; I don't think she was being racist, many don't think she was being racist.

IMO she was taken advantage of to generate a bit of publicity for a "charity".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear. I thought I was pointing out that people's minds when old are not the same as when young.

I'm sure that 30 years ago she may have been more cautious in her questioning, but we are not talking about 30 years ago.

I'd say she absolutely didn't think she was being racist; I don't think she was being racist, many don't think she was being racist.

IMO she was taken advantage of to generate a bit of publicity for a "charity".

She is not so old as to be demented and if she was she should never have been in that position.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pla Simon said:

Ok, this confirms everything I need to know.

I asked for binary.

Here's a word salad for you.

I took the liberty of reading this whole thread before I commented, and your repetitive, low syllable, non sequitur absolutist beats of castigation, certainly want for inspiration.

So, to avoid dull protraction with autocratic protagonists, agenda based group identity politicos or supercillious posturers, feigning pseudo moralistic outrage, I will leave you with this.

As I alluded to - to repudiate the generational dichotomy of cognitive artefacts, is to lead you blindly, to your own day of judgement.

Basic social propriety ?  Always.

Nobilty, grace and taste are not to be bought or found on google - to believe an 83 Year old Lady of considerable social status would be consciously using racial ephitets in any context, is a fallacy.

Contrived proposition of lunacy.

As for irony - some of the vulgar, vindictive posts screaming about entitlement and privilige is a dark contradiction, to say the least.

I would rather reek of anything other than rancid bigotry, bitter scorn and smouldering resentment.

Take people as you, yourself find them.

Good day to the honourable and noble.

Good day to you.

word salad, devoid of meaning.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:49 AM, Bluespunk said:

Nope, meant it was good, right and proper she was removed from her prominent role.

Nonsense, as the transcript of the conversation shows...

the transcript is from one of the people involved in the conversation