Top things tourists like to do in Thailand

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Hey Dream Boy! 40 million tourists??? Have you missed the Corona virus? Need cave rescue?

We are talking about why tourists like to go to Thailand  , the current temporarily decrease in tourism due to covid is irrelevant as to why tourists go to Thailand .

If you can not incase you cannot envisage that , just pretend its still 2019 and ask why 40 million tourist came to Thailand then 

6 hours ago, vangrop said:

This is a guine scientific proven

testcase. 100% of my friends (more than 50) come here to Pattaya only for bboumboum and all related stuff

That says alot about you. 

Non of my friends who visited me came for Bom bom or Pattaya. Very few of my friends go bom bom with prostitutes. Some might done before, but now settled and happy with life. 

You choose your friends, so? 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Having trouble connecting the dots? Hint: Ask yourself what female company would cost in Australia, both in the short-term and long-term. 

Thailand gets a lot of negative stereotyping, for me it is unchanged.

Maybe that is the reason why the tourist sector is struggling....

Lots of different reasons for lots of different people. I live in Jomtien now, first came to Thailand in '82, never went to Pattaya until 2003.

So why do people travel? All the reasons on the survey, and all the reasons regarding availability of short time love. I started coming to Asia in large part because it is not like USA, more so than going to Europe. Alkies that come here to be bar stool jockeys of course assume everyone else is like them. Whore chasers ditto....

Jomtien is crawling with Russian families currently. Very few single Russian men chasing down Thai hookers/girl friends. My guess is part of that has to do with racism, but just my guess.

Peoples reasons for travel perhaps just boil down to "I want to be somewhere else for awhile"

8 hours ago, vangrop said:

This is a guine scientific proven

testcase. 100% of my friends (more than 50) come here to Pattaya only for bboumboum and all related stuff

Why not speak English and like an adult , they came for prostitution and for the sex industry .

Saying Bargirls/boom-boom/happy endings isn't really addressing the issue .

They went to Thailand to ejaculate .

Lets stick to reality and not use immure names for sex

Complain that TH is not as cheap as the 5 year old blog or YT vid they based their holiday budget on.

What, no beach bungalow for 200 baht, or filling meals for 30 baht ????

How come my photo doesn't look the same ????

image.png.17df8211582ab81a1692883a7a8ecb47.png

image.png.c5233daa8fbf97a6f129c30b9f2a8af1.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a country with a great nature and climate (depending on if you like a hotter weather), a unique and relaxed social atmosphere, low prices relative to a quite a developed infrastructure (I am in Cambodia now and while the prices are quite comparable to LOS the level of overall comfort is closer to that of a stone age). I also like the way the Thai people treat other people: i almost never met a rude Thai person, the trait of character I hate the most. Easily available women (just a small and poorest part of the Thai society)?  Yes.
But to say that it is the main and only reason people want to come here is a lie repeated by the different kind of lowlife sociopaths. 

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Jomtien is crawling with Russian families currently. Very few single Russian men chasing down Thai hookers/girl friends. My guess is part of that has to do with racism, but just my guess.

The reason is different. Quite a few Russians (especially those not from Moscow or S. Petersburg) are used to ever pay for sex. Women were readily available for sex in Russia for a dinner at restaurant (not necessarily an expensive one) and, even more often, for a good company with a bottle of vodka. Now the situation is changing and more and more Russians get interested in paid sex with the Thai women.
 Regarding racism - the Russians are generally much less racists than any other Europeans with their often innate superiority complex (almost each of them is a direct descendant of Newton and Napoleon and not of some hard working dirty peasants).

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Eating Thai food, Thai massage and spa treatments, going to the beach and visiting historical sites are the most popular activities among foreign tourists, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT).

Of course.  ????????

Edited by hotchilli

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

So if your figures were correct , then there would be 7 million tourists in Pattaya walking street ?

Do they all go together ...don't include me in that ... hate Walking street, Soi. LK Metro is better .... lol... when I'm not in the temple that is. 

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Eating Thai food, Thai massage and spa treatments, going to the beach and visiting historical sites are the most popular activities among foreign tourists

they missed one of the most popular -

being forced to go home at 2am under threat of arrest

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

what a load of BS .....     they come to bom bom and drink p_ss.    Anyone who think otherwise is stupid.

so they asked a few tourists - why you come to Thailand - they obviously don't understand western humour, they are hardly going to say what they are really doing in the biggest brothel on the planet lol 

too funny 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, shackleton said:

All depends on who you ask the question 

Families will answer  restaurants temples beaches 

Single guys  bars and ladies of the night ????

True, I don't drink or go out, but I only come here for one thing for sure.  The internet is your friend in Thailand and the Philippines...  ????  15 years and never been in a. bar. Hasn't slowed me down what so ever ..  Go Thailand...

7 hours ago, Hellfire said:

This is a country with a great nature and climate (depending on if you like a hotter weather), a unique and relaxed social atmosphere, low prices relative to a quite a developed infrastructure (I am in Cambodia now and while the prices are quite comparable to LOS the level of overall comfort is closer to that of a stone age). I also like the way the Thai people treat other people: i almost never met a rude Thai person, the trait of character I hate the most. Easily available women (just a small and poorest part of the Thai society)?  Yes.
But to say that it is the main and only reason people want to come here is a lie repeated by the different kind of lowlife sociopaths. 

You "almost never" met a rude Thai person??????

Well, that's it then.

Really?

Get out more.????????

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You do know calling a white person farang is rude as they miss off the polite honorific, kon, lung, pee, nong, etc that every human is entitled to have when being addressed. 

And you've never had a Thai push in front of you in 7-11?

Man, if ever dealt with a rude Russian person - even the rudest of Thais would seem a gentle angel to you. In no way I want to say that all the Russians are like that, but there is a culture of “rudeness” there which, in my opinion,  originates from the inhuman climate and the hard times of living during Tsars, Stalin repressions, Gulag and numerous bloody wars (in which they keep engaging themselves in even now). Thais are just the opposite of that, in my eyes.

PS. In my 10 years in Thailand I never was pushed by a Thai person in any situation.  Never ever was I in a conflict situation with a Thai person (excluding my Tgf, which attacked me with a knife several times, but that is another kind of story).

Edited by Hellfire
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Complain that TH is not as cheap as the 5 year old blog or YT vid they based their holiday budget on.

What, no beach bungalow for 200 baht, or filling meals for 30 baht ????

How come my photo doesn't look the same ????

image.png.17df8211582ab81a1692883a7a8ecb47.png

image.png.c5233daa8fbf97a6f129c30b9f2a8af1.png

Gorgeous photos LOL!

BTW, young people go to Bali not thailand now.  ????