Harry and Meghan Netflix: William screamed at me during summit, says Harry

Scott

image.png

Prince Harry has described how "terrifying" it was to have his brother "scream and shout" at him when they met to discuss his and Meghan's future.

In a Netflix series, Prince Harry says it was his decision, not Meghan's, to leave after plans for a half-in, half-out royal life were rejected during a family meeting at Sandringham.

He says his father said things that "just simply weren't true" as his grandmother, the Queen, looked on.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-63983062

BBC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Harry says a tweet comparing baby Archie to a chimp was "one of the first things" he saw after the birth in 2019

Just to keep that in perspective  , it was a post by a BBC presenter humorously suggesting that the Royal family are like a circus and it wasn't done as an act of racism .

As soon as the presenter realised the racist connection  he deleted the post and apologised and then got sacked .

Whilst the presenter cannot really have any complaints about getting sacked , I do think that Harry should have accepted the apology and understood the context and that is wasn't deliberately  racist  and that is was a misunderstanding and Harry should have moved on, rather than bringing it back into the spotlight 

"Once again. Sincere apologies for the stupid unthinking gag pic earlier. Was supposed to be joke about Royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted."

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-baker-sorry-over-stupid-chimp-tweet-about-royal-baby-archie-11715152

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:
  • Harry says a tweet comparing baby Archie to a chimp was "one of the first things" he saw after the birth in 2019

Just to keep that in perspective  , it was a post by a BBC presenter humorously suggesting that the Royal family are like a circus and it wasn't done as an act of racism .

As soon as the presenter realised the racist connection  he deleted the post and apologised and then got sacked .

Whilst the presenter cannot really have any complaints about getting sacked , I do think that Harry should have accepted the apology and understood the context and that is wasn't deliberately  racist  and that is was a misunderstanding and Harry should have moved on, rather than bringing it back into the spotlight 

"Once again. Sincere apologies for the stupid unthinking gag pic earlier. Was supposed to be joke about Royals vs circus animals in posh clothes but interpreted as about monkeys & race, so rightly deleted."

https://news.sky.com/story/danny-baker-sorry-over-stupid-chimp-tweet-about-royal-baby-archie-11715152

When your child is subject to racist comments in a very public manner on a social media platform, intended or not, then you can lecture others on how they should react.

Even then, those whose newly born child is abused in such a manner are free to ignore you. 

Edited by Bluespunk
Multiple typos and extra paragraph added

I saw a tweet from Andrew Tate this morning about Megan (and Harry).  He was spot on. "I’m just going to come out and say the truth because everyone else is afraid."

I'm not a regular on Tweeter, but I think if you search that statement it'll take you to his video about Me-gain.

My brother screamed at me all the time. We had arguments.  They're always important, because they're meant to open eyes.

10 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Yes anyone with half a brain would see the connection. But this is Danny Baker we are talking about. Had he seen the connection he would have known that posting it would 100% lead to him losing his job with the BBC. Which it did.

So either he knew it had racist connotations, and therefore knew he would be sacked and vilified for it and decided to post it anyway, or he was simply incredibly stupid in not seeing the link. Given this is Danny Baker, I'd go with the second option. As soon as it was pointed out he removed it and apologized unreservedly but clearly it was too late by then.  

It was a bad joke, posted without any thought. Given Baker's history with alcohol, I wouldn't be surprised if he was off his head at the time (not that that's an excuse but it is a distinct possibility). But of course, Baker's temporary slip was far too good an opportunity to play the victim for Harry to simply ignore it. He needs material, and Danny Baker stupidly provided it. 

Of course, Harry didn't focus on his own slip when he referred to an Asian Army colleague as "My little P**i friend". I wonder how that made his "friend" feel? Not that the private jet taking, gas gussling SUV driving, eco-warrior lecturer cares much about hypocrisy.

Since the cartoon was published, I'm pretty sure it went through a number of people who would have alerted him to the racist connotation, unless he worked with people who were equally as clueless.   

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, BritManToo said:

She looks white to me!

I suspect you've been in Asia awhile.  It sort of changes one's ability to identify and place people by skin color.  That said, she does not look Black, IMO, but can you imagine for one second what would have happened if she tried to pass herself off as white?

21 hours ago, roo860 said:

As for him being terrified when his brother screamed at him, nonsense, now,  being screamed at by a Regimental Sergeant Major, right in your face would be terrifing, been there, done that.

Agree. I had a couple of those incidents, and both completely unjustified, by arrogant <deleted> Sgt Majors.

Considering I was a corporal at the time and they did so in front of junior ranks they were out of order, but sod all that a lowly cpl could do about it. BS like that was why I resigned and the thousands of $ they invested in my training were lost to the military.

The problem with the military wasn't the life style ( loved it ) but some of the morons that rose to senior ranks.

• Thumbs Up 1

I rather like Megan & Harry

Do I know or even care if any of it is Gospel truth, NO.

It's good entertainment, and as far as I can see it cost's the British taxpayer nothing.

I can watch this along with 'The Crown' as perfectly great forms of entertainment.

Good Luck to them, makes a change from just sponging off the UK State

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He should do so without rubbishing his own family. They are not the royals for him, but his father, brother, uncles, aunts and in laws.

I have lost any respect I once had for him as apparently a good leader in the army.

Somewhere along the way he became a self entitled whining loser, and I have a good idea who did that to him.

That's the problem with putting the royals on a pedestal. They are just as mortal as anyone else and subject to the same weaknesses and foibles anyone else. Stop tugging the forelock.